MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium Deep

4.4

on 10/4/2013 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

This powder is a joke. I used to use this as my foundation in college and either it was a much better product then or I didn't know how to do my makeup properly. I noticed many people use it over liquid foundation, I definitely think there are better options.

I am NC42 and I used this is Medium Deep. It turned red on me by mid afternoon and had no oil control whatsoever (I have dry skin btw). Not only that, but when I removed my makeup that night, I had these tiny, irritated, red bumps on places I don't normally breakout. I'm beginning to think I have a talc allergy because it all the powders I've used so far with Talc as the main ingredient have given me similar bumps.

In any case, even if you don't have sensitive skin like me there are so many other powders that you could use instead of this.

on 9/29/2013 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

i really wanted to love this for using it as a contour powder, i've seen many people use mineralized skinfinish natural's for contouring and i just bought it thinking i would like it without knowing how orange it looked on me when i used it to contour my face, now i'm left with so much of this and i don't know what to do with it, i currently just use this to bronze my skin and sometimes try to contour with it. i really regret buying this to use as a contour powder because it looks way too orange on me and doesn't even last on my skin at all, super disappointed.
i cant return this product because in singapore, MAC doesn't accept returns or exchanges. it sucks so much. but i used to use the medium plus MSF natural and i love it! i'll repurchase medium plus but not medium deep, i'm nc35 with neutral undertones and this is definitely not a good contour powder for me, ugh horrible.

on 7/30/2013 4:51:00 PM

So this is my first makeupalley review! I use this mineralise skinfinish as a bronzer and it leaves a beautiful finish! I use it with ecotools bronzer brush which works perfectly with this. I would definitely recommend this product.

on 7/27/2013 5:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Love it! On my fourth of this little baby! Sets foundation perfectly and has a beautiful glow! I love you MAC

on 5/21/2013 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Love it! I've re-purchased this product 3-4 times already! I use this as an over all finishing powder after I apply my liquid foundation. I prefer this product over any setting powder just because of the glow I get. For anyone debating if they should try it, I highly recommend it.

on 4/8/2013 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I like to use this as a blush rather than a setting powder. (As a face powder it makes my skin look really weird and reddish *buerk*) It gives my cheeks a nice healthy warm glow. Occasionally, I'll use it for contouring, but I prefer it as a blush.

The packaging is alright... it would be a lot better if it had a compact mirror and applicator, but I suppose that's okay since I don't use it much for it's intended purpose anyways.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

love this stuff , never lets me down , always go back to it

i personally believe its good for all skin types and colours , no silly pieces of glitter in it , matt good staying power (i wont lie i will do a touch up halfway through the day ) and warms up my skin beautifully

on 12/24/2012 5:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This powder is magic powder. I bought this to set my liquid foundation when wearing heavier make up or to set my bb cream if I'm not wearing much make up. I can tell this stuff is going to last aaaaages. It's so sheer and doesn't leave my skin too sparkly, just a really nice finish. This is my like 5th purchase based on reviews on MUA and I am soooo happy - and addicted to this site! WHY OH WHY didn't they include a mirror and applicator?!?!?!! When I take it out with me I have to take an extra brush! :\

on 12/21/2012 2:42:00 PM

I have been using this product for years. I have light/medium skin, so I use this as a contour rather than an all-over finish.

I do not wear foundation on a daily basis, so along with my Studio Sculpt concealer in needed areas, I apply this as a contour and then a blush and highlighter on top.

In the summer months I will use this as a finish over my entire face. Beautiful colour that lasts all day long.
I use this on my clients as well, it is great for photographs and for everyday use.

on 12/2/2012 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Basically everyday I ONLY use this and the studio fix concealer in NW40. I put it all over my face with a kabuki brush for a nice matte finish. My usual makeup routine is but the concealer on then MSF. After that I put my Raizin blush on and either leave my lips natural or use Revlon SL lipstick "Berry Haute" PERFECT for woman of color or NW40-45 Skin:) For the price its not cheap and not THAT expensive compared to other high end brands. HG product RIGHT HERE! GET YOU SUM!