April 24, 2014 | 912 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Rub rub rub showergel

rated 1 of 5 on 9/29/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by Nicolebby

I love LUSH and there is not much that I have tried that I did not fall in love with, but with that being said, this is one of the few exceptions to that statement.

The smell is nice-sort of like laundry detergent.

And the color is pretty-a really bright blue.

It would be a great scrub... If you liked a more gentle exfoliator. I, however, prefer a more harsh scrub like Ocean Salt or Buffy, so this was really not cutting it for me. Especially since the more you rub it in, the more it seems to disappear? I don't know how to explain it except the more I tried to rub it in to actually get a SCRUB out of the damn thing, the more it lathered and turned into a soap loosing all traces of salt which is why I bought it in the first place...

Also, it is SO runny. I am not even kidding. I make such a mess with this product and end up wasting most of it as it just slips through my fingers or slides off my skin.

I only gave it one lippie because the smell and the color are not enough to warrant higher than that for a product that was nothing but disappointing. I am finishing this tub, but that is it. I guess from LUSH and for 21.95 USD I expected a bit more. I definitely will not be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2013 6:08:00 AM More reviews by ThatsNotMyRobot

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am usually a lush fan, but I did not enjoy this product. When testing it on my dry skin in the store, I thought it would be an amazing scrub. But once my skin was damp the exfoliating particles dissolved into a foam in seconds. If you want a really REALLY gentle scrub, or just a body wash this might be worth a look, but there are better products out there for that. I was disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 7:59:00 PM More reviews by SylasBelle

Can't live without this. I use it before shaving and it makes my skin so smooth! It can double as a shampoo, but I haven't tried that yet

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2013 8:02:00 AM More reviews by girlraven

I love the smell of this! it has a thin consistency which isn't such a bad thing, for me it didn't last very long. It's nice though

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by Lewellenkelli

This is a very gentle scrub. Way to weak for me I guess. The smell is good and crisp tho. It's a little drying but not to bad. Works good as a clarifying shampoo to.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by gmd854

This is a wonderful scrub that is gentle yet effective on the skin. It is a bit expensive, but almost everything at Lush is. Definitely would recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 12:08:00 PM More reviews by riceboxes

This is a very gentle body scrub that you can also use as shampoo.

For me, I like to mix a bit of rub rub rub and it's raining men shower gel and they work well together.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2013 4:54:00 AM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This body scrub is very thin in consitancy. It smells like Tide laundry detergent too. I do love the smell of Tide so that didn't bother me. It comes in a tub and when you go to scoop it out, it kind of slides through your fingers which can create a lot of product waste. This crap is too expensive to waste. I bought this because it was cheaper than my ocean salt scrub but ocean salt is far superior to this and I would rather just spend the extra money to get a better product.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2013 1:36:00 PM More reviews by bricupcake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

PROS
love the scent
very refreshing
great to use as a face wash
pre/post shave

CONS
i love the black pots but it's too liquidy for a pot
very expensive

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 1:32:00 PM More reviews by cocofabulous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

It's a nice scrub and does leave your skin soft, but it's not quite scrubby enough for me. In the tub it looks pretty rough but on my body it's just not tough enough! Wouldn't repurchase as I don't like it enough to warrant 8 a pot.