April 16, 2014 | 2007 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Porridge Soap

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2013 10:28:00 AM More reviews by nnn3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this soap.It exfoliates my skin perfectly and leaves it really soft without irritating.I will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2013 12:11:00 AM More reviews by browneyez1228

I use this only on my legs because its too rough does help with ingrown hairs.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was at a Lush store in Las Vegas and my husband smelled this soap and flipped out in the store. He grabbed the biggest hunk he could and told the sales girl he wanted it all. I had to break it to him gently that he could not have a $75 slab of soap. He pouted and I gave in and told the girl to cut in half. Now I have $38 worth of porridge soap. This should last me all year. To me, it has a beautiful cocoa, coffee scent to it but it's not overpowering. It's a great exfoliator and it makes the skin very soft. It's one of the best smelling Lush soaps there is in my opinion. I took a chunk to my sister and our grand niece who is 19 months old smelled it and yelled "MMMMM" and tried to eat it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 4:28:00 AM More reviews by pinkcandii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

PRICE: $6 per 100g is a lil too steep for me

PRODUCT: This is the only Lush soap's scent that I can handle. I am one of those people with sensitive dry skin that is allergic to fragrance found in most soap products (aka. Bath and Body shop is a nightmare for me).

CONCLUSION: This soap had a nice exfoliating effect while NOT drying my skin out. Will repurchase if Lush has a sale going on, otherwise its waaaaaay too expensive for soap.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by larabean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I dont know why people dont like this it is one of lushes best soaps and products! It smells like roasted oats mixed with marshmellows and is effective at exfoliating the skin. It also cleans well and leaves my skin soft!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2013 4:01:00 AM More reviews by Anda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Was first attracted to the delicious malt-like smell and because I thought it might be more beneficial for the skin than most of the other Lush soaps.
Like the other Lush soaps, this is quite creamy to the touch and lathers well (in soft-water zones). One problem is that after you use it a few times, more of the soap washes off than the oats, and you're left with a rougher bar that becomes an effective body soap, but possibly too rough for some faces. It also has a tendency to crumble into smaller pieces and fall off as the soap "erodes" off the oats.
Definitely recommend cutting into smaller chunks and keeping unused portions cool and dry to minimize unnecessary product waste. I keep them in the fridge with a "Soap! Do Not Eat!" label because - well, you never know.
All in all, pretty nice concept but too costly for a soap that I can't conveniently use on the face, so I probably won't repurchase while I'm working my way through other Lush products. I can't help thinking it would work better tubbed in a loose form like Herbalism.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2012 8:31:00 PM More reviews by worrdWORRDD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this soap! It smells like oatmeal and brown sugar with the tiniest hint of Orange juice. I thought the bits of oatmeal were pretty annoying, to be honest. I'm not big on exfoliating because I have a tan and don't want to scrub it away... So I usually just rub it between my hands and use it that way. It's not enough to keep me from using it, but I unfortunately would purchase other soaps over this one because of the oatmeal. I will definitely repurchase because the scent is just gorgeous! Just not as often as I would if it didn't have the oatmeal. The lather is gorgeous as well, super milky and luxurious. I found it to be moisturizing compared to other soaps. I do worry about it clogging my drain.... Hopefully not:/ seriously though, uniquely gorgeous scent, I do recommend this soap!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2012 10:30:00 AM More reviews by sayshal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This soap smells delicious. It exfoliates wonderfully. But it is incredibly expensive and leaves tons of little oat pieces all over the bottom of the shower. Every once in a while I pop in and get a bar, but I don't tend to make a habit of using fancy soaps.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2012 9:11:00 AM More reviews by Tinkerjane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This smells amazing, or breakfast cereals covered in chocolate. It has ground up oats in it, which is why I bought it. I wanted and exfoliating soap, something similar to Buffy (also by Lush). It feels harder than some of the other Lush soaps. It melts quite quickly under the shower but it's one of Lush's cheaper soap so its not too bad. It gives my body a gentle exfoliation which isn't harsh at all. My piece of soap is covered in oats which some people don't like, but I am glad because it gives me an even exfoliation.
A 100g bar lasts me about a month when I use it in every shower I have. I recommend slicing the block into small chunks so that it doesn't melt to fast. Do not leave this in the shower, it will melt. I will by this again after I have used some of my other Lush soaps.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 8:49:00 AM More reviews by MmmQuinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was one of the first LUSH products I tried and I really wanted to love it..it just isn't for me, I guess. As others have said, its too abrasive/scratchy for me to use directly on my skin. Other than that, the smell is pretty nice, but not to die for like I expected. I will say though that I am not a fan of bar soaps in general anyway, so maybe if you are this would be okay?