LUSH Porridge Soap

3.6

Water (Aqua), Rapeseed Oil; Coconut Oil (Brassica napus; Cocos nucifera), Propylene Glycol, Pinhead Oatmeal (Avena sativa), Fresh Organic Orange Juice (Citrus Aurantium dulcis), Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Perfume, Labdanum Resinoid (Cistus labdaniferus), Sweet Wild Orange Oil (Citrus sinensis), Glycerine, Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Tetrasodium Editronate, *Limonene *Occurs naturally in essential oils

on 12/9/2013 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Love the scent of this it has a really nice, comforting, foodie scent. Like baking oatmeal cookies. I also find it less drying than some lush soaps and has a nice creamy lather though it doesn't seem to last as well as most lush soaps.

I can't stand the random porridge oats in it though. They aren't particularly exfoliating and seem to come loose and end up everywhere - in your hair, in the plughole, between your toes... it completely ruins this soap for me. I won't replace it.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This soap has a very yummy food-y smell. It has pieces of oatmeal or something in it... It's creamy and really reminds you of porridge. That's why I find it to be so comforting. It's really exfoliating cause it has some rough bits it. Didn't notice it to be particularly moisturizing and I'm having trouble figuring out how to store and hate when it melts... because I really do love this soap.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I LOVE THE SMELL! My only problem with the smell is that it doesn't stick around :( a couple hours later the smell is all gone. I wish there was less exfoliating bits and more amazing milky smooth. I love that it's all cruelty free and with just paper for packaging. My first LUSH product and my favourite. I hope we can buy smaller portions (that aren't in sampler packs) as I am both fussy and with lots of allergies!

on 7/17/2013 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Love-hate relationship with this stuff. The love is the smell. Omg, the smell. It smells like porridge with vanilla, caramel, marshmallows and maple syrup in it. It's so heavenly, I could smell it all day. If there was a perfume that smelled like this, I would wear it 24/7.
The hate is pretty much everything else. This soap has pieces in it. Pieces of nuts or something. It's so frustrating to use this soap in the shower. The pieces fall all over the shower, it gets so messy. But the pieces don't really exfoliate that well. When I use the soap, the pieces of nuts just kind of fall down to the ground without really exfoliating. And the pieces of nuts are all throughout the soap. Not just on the top of it. It also doesn't really leave my skin that soft or smooth. Just a messy, hard to use soap that, although it smells absolutely amazing, it doesn't work very well. And the scent doesn't really linger after the shower. I would honestly consider buying it again, purely for the scent. But the actual soap isn't very good at all.

on 7/17/2013 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this! Creamy, exfoliating, sweet-scented, it's just gorgeous! I love using this in the bath before shaving my legs, but beware of the bits!! they will clog your drain if you don't use a catcher!

on 6/15/2013 5:44:00 PM

This smells like a softer smelling version of Sultana, with some chocolate tones? I don't know. It smells ok. It is not very strong smelling. It goes on creamy, melts easily, exfoliates nicely. I shaved with it just fine and it moisurizer my skin well but I'm not very dry. I did not need extra moisturizing afterwards. I prefer other scents so I wouldn't purchase this again but it certainly wasn't bad.

on 5/21/2013 9:51:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Is it a bit too abrasive to use everyday it's not very 'luxurious' but it does the job

Ok to me this smells like cat food. Maybe it's just my noise tho. Why so many lippies? Best shaving soap ever!!! It exfoliates the skin legally well( I've never had razor bumps or ingrown hair since I've used this) leaves a cream thick lather behind perfect for shaving. I pick off some of the oats when it gets to be to much, cause it can get scratchy but well worth it

First off, I'd like to say, that to all the people complaining about it being abrasive.. that was what the soap was made for, exfoliating! If you dont like that, don't buy the soap! Duh.
Anyways, I love this soap! The smell and the effect on my skin. It is absolutely perfect for shaving with!
The reason I only gave it 4 lippies is because off all the fallout and how fast the bar seems to melt.

on 3/30/2013 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this soap.It exfoliates my skin perfectly and leaves it really soft without irritating.I will definitely repurchase.