September 2, 2014 | 1620 users online

Loose Powders - L'Oreal - Hydra Perfecte Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2011 9:08:00 PM More reviews by hags101

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Found my new HG powder. I used to love the translucent loose powder by cornsilk.... but when Sally Hanson bought out this brand it was getting harder and harder to find. I bought a loose powder from Almay and it was just okay (their lightest was too dark and added coverage which I did not like). Well I was at Ulta and they were out of the Almay so I saw this and decided to give it a try. I absolutely love it! It is translucent.. so what ever skin color my face is (summer or winter) this matches. It does not add color, but blends beautifully! My old HG cornsilk left my skin dull and powdery... so I would apply a light misting of water. Well this one from L'Oreal just melts into the skin because it has such a fine texture. I use it over my tinted sunscreen and coverup. It sets my makeup beautifully and is long lasting. I have super sensitive skin (which the Almay started irritating) and this has not irritated my face, eye area, or neck. It also has not broken me out or clogged my pores. I am so happy I found this! I lightly dip my powder brush in it and tap the excess off back into the container and lightly sweep over my face.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2011 7:16:00 PM More reviews by babygirl24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this since I have oily skin and one of the girls from the Clinique counter in Macy's said that it's better to use loose powder since it helps to absorb the oils.
Bottom line, I love it! I've only used it twice this week, and I see the difference. It leaves my skin so perfect! My mom even told me that when she used it, it did wonders on her. It doesn't break me out (let's face it, we're gonna break out either way) and it's just amazing.
Definitely worth the $8 at Wal-Mart =)

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2011 1:10:00 AM More reviews by mmmMarilyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

How fantastic is this stuff? I found it literally almost on the FLOOR of my Walmart L'Oreal makeup section, that's how far down it is - I got it in Translucent - I'm super pale and sort of bought it on a whim. It was a little over 8 bucks, but I had a 3 dollar off coupon - so how could I resist? I'm more of a pressed powder girl, and I really tend to shy away from anything with fragrance (this has it, big time), but I can't deny the way it makes my face look. Love it.

EDIT: I'm heartbroken! I've been using this for a few days and I'm starting to break out - lo and behold, I check the ingredients - mineral oil. I ALWAYS do an in-store check, but for some odd reason I grabbed this one without looking. Darn it! I'm going to keep it in my makeup box though...I'll look at it longingly.... :(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2010 3:09:00 AM More reviews by dancebee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder leaves a great velvety texture and is excellent to use if you have oily skin. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2010 2:00:00 AM More reviews by Supergirl0143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

great multipurpose loose powder. i apply using large powder brush (the applicator it comes with is terrible) . i like to use this as both a primer and finish. great before makeup or after to set foundation. during the day i dont use foundation so i apply this under bronzer, and makes it look more natural, gives a nice soft finish. great for blending eyeshadow too. i have an oily tzone, this doesnt completely fix that.. but definitely keeps my face from looking shiny. i didnt find it to be glittery or shimmery at all. doesnt break me out or clog pores. its dirt cheap and lasts forever! will definitely buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2010 6:33:00 PM More reviews by MakeupByMaggie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

L'Oreal Hydra Perfecte Perfecting Loose Powder:

PROS:
-Sets foundation
-Smells great
-Cheap
-Translucent
-Controls my oily skin better than anything else
CONS
-Bulky

Recommendation: To those who didn't love it my guess is you're not applying it right. Apply with a powder brush and pat it on [do not buff it on] and sweep away excess powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2010 4:21:00 PM More reviews by star0angel

Love it. This powder is loose, so you get as much as you need. One container lasts an eternity. I use it over Maybelline's Age Rewind foundation, the powder really helps to make the foundation look more natural. I would definitely buy this again, and recommend it to anyone.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2010 9:17:00 PM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had to change my review from a 5 to a 1 and this is why...

I bought the shade "translucent" because I generally get translucent when offered because Im the palest of pale of pale skin tones. I really liked the packing and I like the consistency and the light perfume didnt bother me at all either. It applies well and covers shine but then this is when the trouble started...

my boyfriend and I took pictures together outside for this years pictures and when I was flipping through the shots OMGOSH my face was the color of a friggin CORPSE and the rest of me was normal pale. Literally my entire face looked ash white like I was dead but my neck and chest and everything else was normal warm pale color.

I was so sad! We had to take different pictures because of it and he told me its mostly noticable on camera but you can only barely tell in real life just if you look closely but still.. I was sooooooo disappointed. I didnt even know it was possible for me to look more pale than I already am but I guess it is rofl.

I gave it to my grandma and she likes it.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2010 11:09:00 AM More reviews by aprila220

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my HG powder! I've been using it for years and would try something else but always go back to this. I just realized how much I really love this powder after trying ELF Studio powder - which is the only new powder I've tried in the past couple of years (I have a review of it as well).

I hate that this gets low reviews because for me, it works great. It's got good coverage with or without foundation. It doesn't change the color of my foundation and seems to soften my pores and scarring. I've always used translucent. I hope L'Oreal never quits making this, however; it seems to be getting harder to find which is not a good sign.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2010 11:37:00 AM More reviews by tigerlily1787

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is just okay. I bought it in Translucent (916) to set my foundation. It has lasted a very long time for me, and the light shimmer in it gives my skin a healthy glow. Too much, and it makes you look like a sparkly cake face. Not cute. Also, the powder puff that comes with it is pathetic. I would recommend using a powder brush instead. It does have a light scent. Not a "cheap mens cologne" scent like some people or saying, but more like a watered down version of your Grandma's cologne. I don't mind this, personally, but I do believe there are better powders out there. I will not repurchase.