April 16, 2014 | 943 users online

Loose Powders - L'Oreal - Hydra Perfecte Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2010 3:09:00 AM More reviews by dancebee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder leaves a great velvety texture and is excellent to use if you have oily skin. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2010 2:00:00 AM More reviews by Supergirl0143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

great multipurpose loose powder. i apply using large powder brush (the applicator it comes with is terrible) . i like to use this as both a primer and finish. great before makeup or after to set foundation. during the day i dont use foundation so i apply this under bronzer, and makes it look more natural, gives a nice soft finish. great for blending eyeshadow too. i have an oily tzone, this doesnt completely fix that.. but definitely keeps my face from looking shiny. i didnt find it to be glittery or shimmery at all. doesnt break me out or clog pores. its dirt cheap and lasts forever! will definitely buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2010 6:33:00 PM More reviews by MakeupByMaggie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

L'Oreal Hydra Perfecte Perfecting Loose Powder:

PROS:
-Sets foundation
-Smells great
-Cheap
-Translucent
-Controls my oily skin better than anything else
CONS
-Bulky

Recommendation: To those who didn't love it my guess is you're not applying it right. Apply with a powder brush and pat it on [do not buff it on] and sweep away excess powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2010 4:21:00 PM More reviews by star0angel

Love it. This powder is loose, so you get as much as you need. One container lasts an eternity. I use it over Maybelline's Age Rewind foundation, the powder really helps to make the foundation look more natural. I would definitely buy this again, and recommend it to anyone.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2010 9:17:00 PM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had to change my review from a 5 to a 1 and this is why...

I bought the shade "translucent" because I generally get translucent when offered because Im the palest of pale of pale skin tones. I really liked the packing and I like the consistency and the light perfume didnt bother me at all either. It applies well and covers shine but then this is when the trouble started...

my boyfriend and I took pictures together outside for this years pictures and when I was flipping through the shots OMGOSH my face was the color of a friggin CORPSE and the rest of me was normal pale. Literally my entire face looked ash white like I was dead but my neck and chest and everything else was normal warm pale color.

I was so sad! We had to take different pictures because of it and he told me its mostly noticable on camera but you can only barely tell in real life just if you look closely but still.. I was sooooooo disappointed. I didnt even know it was possible for me to look more pale than I already am but I guess it is rofl.

I gave it to my grandma and she likes it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2010 11:09:00 AM More reviews by aprila220

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my HG powder! I've been using it for years and would try something else but always go back to this. I just realized how much I really love this powder after trying ELF Studio powder - which is the only new powder I've tried in the past couple of years (I have a review of it as well).

I hate that this gets low reviews because for me, it works great. It's got good coverage with or without foundation. It doesn't change the color of my foundation and seems to soften my pores and scarring. I've always used translucent. I hope L'Oreal never quits making this, however; it seems to be getting harder to find which is not a good sign.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2010 11:37:00 AM More reviews by tigerlily1787

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is just okay. I bought it in Translucent (916) to set my foundation. It has lasted a very long time for me, and the light shimmer in it gives my skin a healthy glow. Too much, and it makes you look like a sparkly cake face. Not cute. Also, the powder puff that comes with it is pathetic. I would recommend using a powder brush instead. It does have a light scent. Not a "cheap mens cologne" scent like some people or saying, but more like a watered down version of your Grandma's cologne. I don't mind this, personally, but I do believe there are better powders out there. I will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2009 12:30:00 AM More reviews by Steffachino

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product sucks. It's a fine loose powder, but one word: GLITTER. You will end up looking like a disco ball!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2008 11:58:00 PM More reviews by MES

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a big fan of loose powders, so I had to try Hydra Perfecte. The plastic container seems a little cheap, but it also has a screw cap, a pour, and a sifter, all pluses. I really didn't notice a scent, but then again I just stopped using Coty. I wish Hydra Perfect was milled a little finer, you definitely have to put it on with an easy hand. The coverage and wear is really good, I find myself needing not touch up during the day.

***Edit***

the puff included with the powder is cheaply made and will quickly fall apart, otherwise and excellent product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2008 8:18:00 AM More reviews by graceiscool06x

Wow there is a lot of hate on this product. 2 years ago I was in Wal-Mart looking for a "foundation" that was cheap. I bought this. I know it is a loose powder but hey, I was 14. I have used this frequently from when I was 14-16. I have now bought BE foundation + mineral veil. I can see that this powder does not give much coverage. But when I think BE or something else is breaking me out I will switch back to this becuz I know it does not break me out. I actually like the smell. It can be a bit messy. But overall, it served my purposes well and there is still a lot left. Although, I will be throwing it away soon because powder expires in 2 years.