L'Oreal Hydra Perfecte Loose Powder

3.9

on 4/21/2013 2:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My sister tries just about every new loose powder that comes on the market and I always try them when she gets bored of them. Usually, they all seem the same and lack any special qualities, but this product is great!
I have very oily skin with fairly rosy cheeks. I have a hard time finding a powder that covers my redness without getting cakey looking with my oil. This power made it look like I really wasn't wearing any makeup and controlled shine. A+ loose powder, for a decent price!

My mother recommended that I try this loose powder over the summer, because I wasn't having any luck with the other powders I had been using. I needed something that wouldn't make the acne I had at the time worse, and not only long lasting on my face but also a long lasting product in general. I can definitely say that this is a great product! It doesn't break me out (my skin is actually acne free now), I don't have to use too much, and it makes me feel like I'm not wearing any makeup at all. However, from reading other reviews on this product I've noticed that the results you get really depend on what kind of foundation you're using underneath it. If you want the best results with this power you should apply a primer, then the foundation, and then the powder. It will blend better so it doesn't gather in certain spots on your face over time!

on 1/27/2013 8:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I am SHOCKED and in AWE of how great this is....

I have been wasting my money on EL Lucidity Transluscent Loose powder. FOOL..( Knock on forehead.) FOOL... Don't get me wrong. Lucidity is pretty nice. Smooth, soft and even gives off a sublte shimmer that helps reflect light to make my skin even prettier.
However at $36 per little box it is too much.

My new HG loose powder is Hydra Perfecte!
On a whim..while at Target I bought the Hydra Perfecte Loose Powder by L'Oreal. I love it! I have only used this only a short time. I think I am in love with the way it softens my skin without giving me the old lady powder look. It is gentle and a tiny bit goes a long way. I use this over Clarins Extra Firming foundation. Just a gentle sweep of giant powder brush keeps my makeup looking pretty. It is not dusty but soft looking. It keeps my foundation perfect. Seriously. I have not had this before so I guess i did not know a powder could really do this. And it shoud do this, it should.

The texture is the softest of powders I have ever felt. I am using the lightest color 917 but it is actually a bit darker than what I am used too. No worries it works and looks perfect. The powder lasts... I have a tiny fear this could cause break outs. And won't hesitate to change my rating if this is the case. So far so good. I am still not sure why it is called Hydra. Does it hydrate? I doubt it.

Will I buy this again? You bet. As longs as it does not break me out and continues to match my skin I am keeping this in stock.

on 10/9/2011 9:08:00 PM

Found my new HG powder. I used to love the translucent loose powder by cornsilk.... but when Sally Hanson bought out this brand it was getting harder and harder to find. I bought a loose powder from Almay and it was just okay (their lightest was too dark and added coverage which I did not like). Well I was at Ulta and they were out of the Almay so I saw this and decided to give it a try. I absolutely love it! It is translucent.. so what ever skin color my face is (summer or winter) this matches. It does not add color, but blends beautifully! My old HG cornsilk left my skin dull and powdery... so I would apply a light misting of water. Well this one from L'Oreal just melts into the skin because it has such a fine texture. I use it over my tinted sunscreen and coverup. It sets my makeup beautifully and is long lasting. I have super sensitive skin (which the Almay started irritating) and this has not irritated my face, eye area, or neck. It also has not broken me out or clogged my pores. I am so happy I found this! I lightly dip my powder brush in it and tap the excess off back into the container and lightly sweep over my face.

on 3/10/2011 7:16:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this since I have oily skin and one of the girls from the Clinique counter in Macy's said that it's better to use loose powder since it helps to absorb the oils.
Bottom line, I love it! I've only used it twice this week, and I see the difference. It leaves my skin so perfect! My mom even told me that when she used it, it did wonders on her. It doesn't break me out (let's face it, we're gonna break out either way) and it's just amazing.
Definitely worth the $8 at Wal-Mart =)

on 2/5/2011 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

How fantastic is this stuff? I found it literally almost on the FLOOR of my Walmart L'Oreal makeup section, that's how far down it is - I got it in Translucent - I'm super pale and sort of bought it on a whim. It was a little over 8 bucks, but I had a 3 dollar off coupon - so how could I resist? I'm more of a pressed powder girl, and I really tend to shy away from anything with fragrance (this has it, big time), but I can't deny the way it makes my face look. Love it.

EDIT: I'm heartbroken! I've been using this for a few days and I'm starting to break out - lo and behold, I check the ingredients - mineral oil. I ALWAYS do an in-store check, but for some odd reason I grabbed this one without looking. Darn it! I'm going to keep it in my makeup box though...I'll look at it longingly.... :(

on 10/10/2010 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This powder leaves a great velvety texture and is excellent to use if you have oily skin. I love it!

great multipurpose loose powder. i apply using large powder brush (the applicator it comes with is terrible) . i like to use this as both a primer and finish. great before makeup or after to set foundation. during the day i dont use foundation so i apply this under bronzer, and makes it look more natural, gives a nice soft finish. great for blending eyeshadow too. i have an oily tzone, this doesnt completely fix that.. but definitely keeps my face from looking shiny. i didnt find it to be glittery or shimmery at all. doesnt break me out or clog pores. its dirt cheap and lasts forever! will definitely buy this again!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

L'Oreal Hydra Perfecte Perfecting Loose Powder:

PROS:
-Sets foundation
-Smells great
-Cheap
-Translucent
-Controls my oily skin better than anything else
CONS
-Bulky

Recommendation: To those who didn't love it my guess is you're not applying it right. Apply with a powder brush and pat it on [do not buff it on] and sweep away excess powder.

on 8/25/2010 4:21:00 PM

Love it. This powder is loose, so you get as much as you need. One container lasts an eternity. I use it over Maybelline's Age Rewind foundation, the powder really helps to make the foundation look more natural. I would definitely buy this again, and recommend it to anyone.

Recommended for Normal Skin