Cover Girl TruConceal concealer [DISCONTINUED]

Cover Girl TruConceal concealer [DISCONTINUED]

2.2

Water (Eau), Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Isopropyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Talc, Stearic Acid, PEG 20, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Fragrance, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Triethanolamine, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Trisodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Propylparaben, Cetearyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Iron Oxides, May Contain (+/-):

on 9/22/2012 2:39:00 AM

It's good! I like the application (in a lip gloss type bottle) and it's easy to blend. It stays on for a few hours but then wears away - but I still like it so I reapply. It doesn't crack like other concealers if you're covering a blemish. The only downside is that if your pimple has been popped and you try to cover it, it looks flaky!

on 7/22/2012 3:01:00 PM

I bought this a couple of days ago because I had a few pretty bad pimples. I got the cool tone and it looked a bit dark for my light skin tone, but I think it worked! Pimples aren't completely unnoticeable with this product, but I'm satisfied and am going to buy again! At first it looked a little orangish, but I've found that if you put just a little bit on and tap it with your finger, it won't look so orange. After I put this on I use Covergirl powder to blend it with my skin tone a little more. I haven't noticed any bad reactions to it, so I have to say I like this product a lot!!! I hope this review helped you!

on 7/6/2012 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Absolutely didn't work, purchased the lightest shade which was still several tones too dark. It has a warm, yellow base so not really suitable for those with cooler tones. Doesn't really blend. The price however is good and it's widely available.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I bought this concealer, which was nine dollars at my local drugstore! It has decent coverage, not heavy, nor light. I bought shade 4 because I'm very tanned. Packaging was also decent, had no problems with it. But once I put it on, I thought it worked well before I left my house. At night when I was washing my face for bed, I realized that my skin turned all greasy and oily from where the areas I had applied it. I used it for the past week, and it started to break me out! I would not use this again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I thought I liked it but in fact I don't. I got the lightest shade (1) but it had a light pink undertone which does not match my skin tone well. It would oxidize on my oily skin and it would turn even pinker. Not the best at covering. Would fade and rub off of my pimples. I would also use it in the eye area. As I said before it oxidizes on my skin and turns a darker pink/burnt orange color. Hard to explain. But By the end of the school day it looked like i had some bizarre eye irritation or rash. Wasn't very very noticeable if you didn't know much about makeup. But for me it was. The packaging is not very sanitary since you put the applicator on your face and then back in the tube; spreading the bacteria everywhere and contaminating the product inside. Because if that my acne didn't really heal properly. Wouldn't recommend to anyone.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this at my local Walgreens while it was on sale for about $3. I have to say that this concealer does NOT work well. I felt like I should've read the reviews on here before buying it on an impulse. This concealer does not conceal much of anything, especially under eye circles. I thought that it would be a waste to throw it away, so I tried to make this work. The result that I got from it was that it made the area at that I put it lighter. As a result, I had to apply a lighter shade of foundation. I would not repurchase.

EDIT: So I've tried using this more since I wasn't able to find a good concealer yet, and I've found that this "works" temporarily; over time it does look cakey and tends to crease.

Stupidly I bought this on the spur of the moment without checking these reviews. This product is just terrible. It's too thick for undereye concealing and doesn't blend well for concealing anywhere else on the face. It looks worst under the eyes, where it gets stuck in fine lines and makes them look way more obvious than having no make up under the eye at all. Don't buy.

on 11/4/2011 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Does not conceal under eye circles. Very disappointed. Actually seems like my circles are worse after a few hours of wearing it! :(

on 9/11/2011 10:42:00 PM

I hadn't really tried any concealers before I bought this, but was aiming to cover up my dark under eye circles and other blemishes on my face. It does not work at all. It works better for the blemishes than the dark circles, but once I've blended it, it doesn;t cover anything, and if anything highlights them. Under my eyes, it doesn't blend and just looks like I'm wearing concealer. It rubs off quickly and if I put powder on top it looks cakey. Overall, I would not buy this product again. I am looking for something thicker with more coverage, since if I am going to wear concealer I just put it on with a tiny bit of powder and that's it.

on 9/3/2011 11:10:00 PM

This worked pretty well on my 61 year old skin. I used shade #1 for my pale skin which matched well. The coverage is not opaque, but it skims over the fine lines under my eyes. I'm using it to brighten my naso-labial shadows too. I paid $4.50 for this at a Giant Foods. Not a bad price. I gave it a 4 rather than a 5, because I wish it had more coverage, though maybe that's not fair since heavier coverage for me equals emphasizing lines and dry patches which this concealer doesn't do.