Boots No7 High Lights Illuminating Lotion

Water, Butylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Mica, Cyclohexasiloxane, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, Methylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Propylparaben, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) (Titanium Dixoide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides) (Iron Oxides)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this highlighter at target for 12.99$ and it is a dead on dupe for benefits high beam, I have very dry skin and mix this in with my foundation and it gives me a dewy glowy finish , definitely worth the money if you are looking for a cheaper alternative for highbeam!! The packaging for the no7 one is also way easier because it has a pump and looks more highend then highbeam

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I love this product! It just lights up my whole face so easily. It's a super lightweight airy lotion and is a pale baby pink. It's glowy with tiny little bits of shimmer. It is so pretty. The bottle design is cute and it's huge for a highlighter. I use mine almost everytime I do my makeup and it has lasted over a year, I'm not even halfway through it yet. I wear it along my cheekbones and on my browbones. It is a must try.

on 9/7/2012 4:45:00 AM

what a lovely product. great texture, not too dry but sinks in quickly and provides a beautiful sheen to the skin. works great under sheer liquid foundations and loose mineral powders. it's very subtle and adds just enough glow. great product for the price and availability (boots, target).

on 8/20/2012 1:27:00 PM

Wow, LOVE this highlighter! It's subtle but buildable, it blends incredibly well, the sparkle-y particle size is very fine (much smaller/finer than in Benefit's HighBeam which I'd used for years before trying this) and the color is great on my dark olive skin. I use it just on my cheekbones and brow bones, but it's subtle enough that I could imagine mixing it with a little foundation to use all over my face. I'm allergic to just about everything, and I've had no trouble at all with this product after using it about a month. The packaging is beautiful and feels great in the hand, and the pump is SO much nicer to use than that stupid brush dispenser that Benefit insists on using. My one complaint is that a full squirt from the pump dispenses a bit too much product for my taste, but that's obviously pretty easy to work around -- a half squirt is just about right for me. And the price is amazingly good for such a large amount of such an excellent product -- $12 at Target?? How is that even possible?

Seriously, if you've been thinking about trying a liquid highlighter, this is the one to get.

on 7/19/2012 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Yes, Yes, and Yes. This is the closet dupe to Benefit's High Beam that I have found.. And honestly.. I prefer the consistency of this one. High Beam's applicator was a bit unsanitary. The pump feature on this illuminating lotion is much more sanitary. A MUST TRY!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Coarse

I have several high lighters and this is the one I keep returning to. I keep it in the fridge as it takes such a small amount of product that I am doing my best to keep it fresh

lovely, sort of ivory-pinky glow, almost shimmer
fun texture - gel-like
goes on beautifully w brush, fingers or sponge
makes my cheekbones absolutely pop and overall, adds a lovely 'something special' to my face
I am pale and yellow-toned - No. 7 High Lights looks equally lovely on my ivory, pink-toned stepdaughter and my biracial best friend

glass bottle is fragile and pump dispenser is cloggy
cannot use over powder (I still can't find a powder highlighter that matches the finish and tone of this)
if you use too much, it can look trashy

This was an impulse purchase. I rarely succeed w purchases that I have not well researched. Boots High Lights is a win for me

on 7/4/2012 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

ppl say this is a dupe for the benefit high beam, i definitely don't think so. i wud scoff up the extra 10-15$ for the benefit high beam. the texture of this one is much harder to blend, it almost feels gooey to me, benefit is much easier to blend. additionally this one has a lilac sheen whereas benefit is pinkish champagne color altho blended the colors are similar. i feel lik benefits sheen is softer than this one. i bought this one first and i rarely use it. then i got a benefit sample and i use it so much more often. also something is up with the packaging, even when i keep the cap on, the first squirt out is almost thick and dry but since theres so much product its ok. its just annoying to get that everytime

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

For starters, I am really not usually a fan of highlighters in general. But after I read all the reviews on this product, I had to try it. I ran to Target and bought the last bottle, and I don't regret it! The glass bottle is pretty and feels solid and expensive. I only use a small bit on my cheeks, bridge of my nose, and cupid's bow, or, if I'm feeling like my skin is looking kind of drab, I'll mix it in with my foundation and wear it all over. As other reviewers said, it really does give you that "lit from within" look. I highly recommend this product, and am going to start looking at other Boots products.

This stuff is fantastic! A little goes a long way, and you get a ton of product for the money. This is one of the only drugstore cream/liquid highlighters I could find, and it works perfectly for me. The shimmer is very pearly and subtle, not glittery or obvious at all. The color looks a bit cool in the bottle, but it goes on very neutral and doesn't have any obvious undertones one way or the other.

on 4/26/2012 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I love this stuff! I actually purchased this because of the other reviews on here that I read, but most of time in life you have to try something for yourself to see if it works for YOU. Anyway, to start off, I only gave this four lippies because I've only had the chance to try it once. Only time will tell.

So what I wanted to achieve from this lotion was:
to see if this would help my foundation ( MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15 in NC37) go on easier ( I always have to rush to get this blended in before it's set in place) and add a little more dimension. Plus, I do have a yellow undertone to my skin, but my MAC is just a tinge too yellow. I thought that maybe the slight pink tone to this Boots High Lights Illuminating Lotion could help with that little issue.

Let me tell you, it did all of the things that I was seeking from it!
I started with my usual skin prep (face serum, eye serum, moisturizer) and proceeded to make a mixture of about 55/45 of my foundation (55%) and this lotion (45%) on the back of my hand. I tapped this mixture on with my fingers and blended it in with my MAC #187 brush. With my super dry skin, this concoction was able to achieve the slip to get my base on with a beautiful dimension and toned down the yellow. I was lit from within. But knowing that I was going to set the whole look with powder (ELF High Definition Powder) and eliminate a bit of the "glow,' I squirted a bit of this lotion on the back of my hand and tapped it along my upper cheekbone and down my nose (after putting on my under eye concealer but BEFORE the powder).

If you have oily skin or maybe even combo skin, the method I used would probably not be for you, but using it as a highlighter is definitely worth looking into.