September 20, 2014 | 1437 users online

Foundations - Yves Saint Laurent - Matt Touch Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2011 4:25:00 AM More reviews by Elfinoz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this for a few weeks now and quite like it. It hasn't caused me any breakouts, goes on very smooth and is easy to blend. Gives a true matt finish and you could get away with not using a powder to set, but I do use a powder as I find it rubs off my skin too easily without it. Doesn't settle into pores or lines.

Does nothing to control shine unfortunately and I'm not sure that this will hold up too well for me once summer arrives - I guess I will have to wait and see. Not quite a HG foundation for me, but since I haven't found anything I like better I will be sticking with it unless something better comes along.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2011 10:43:00 AM More reviews by sooopure

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i am in love with that foundation.. it works amazing on oily skin, it is kind of mousse so looks soooo natural, like i have never put foundation on my face. it makes my large pores invisible and my skin looks very smooth. this is the one product i will use forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2010 3:32:00 PM More reviews by focke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a lovely product especially oily skin. No shine in T zone at all. Easy to apply. One of my favorite.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2010 3:56:00 PM More reviews by joanasousa86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

i have very oily skin and i have literly tried every type of foundation since MAC, estee lauder, chanel... to some drugstore one's like nivea, maybelline, rimmel. and i have to say the rimmel one turns my skin into grease... like 2 or 3 hours after i apply it i look like a porcelain doll with a shiny mask on my face. the nivea works ok because its not very liquid, its more like a creamy foundation. now about this YSL foundation it works good on my face because its a mousse and my skin doesnt get so oily as it usually gets with very liquid foundation, but i have to say if you want this foundation and you have blemishes to cover up you'll need a good concelear (i use the mac one) because this foundation doesnt have full coverage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2010 1:28:00 PM More reviews by neveranaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am fair and I accidentally bought this foundation in 6 (very dark shade) - looked at a 3 and bought a 6. And I decided to use it anyway because I suck at self-tanning and I am not a big fan of the look sick - fair complexion (still longing for the summer me, yeah). And - SURPRISE! On my face, instantly mattified, the horrible dark 6 turned into a very natural slightly darker than my skin shade, so the tan I never had but hoped for, no creasing and - tested with a tissue rubbing - very good staying power (better than EL DW dare I say?). So smooth, and so fine grinded - like a tint on my skin.
I already have pale foundations (like Chanel in Clair - ugh! makes me look sickly) so I am definitely happy with my purchase since I do love medium coverage but I never thought I'd find with the extra quality of mattifying! And no, I don't like powder foundations they really show up the wrong texture of skin in an exaggerate way (if it exists...).
So I am giving this a maximum because I think that it's rare when the foundation of the wrong color still makes your skin look great (of course this goes for medium coverage only in heavy coverage.. it shows..)
I think this foundation is so underrated because people don't pay attention to the name - "Touch" - it's obviously a light-medium coverage one.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2010 8:13:00 AM More reviews by sunday1966

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I agree with the previous reviewers. This foundation does mattify the skin for hours, but the coverage isn't great and there's not much that can be done about it. The texture is nice; it's more like a mousse than a liquid foundation. However......I don't think I will by this again because of the lack of coverage and the price. I'm pretty sure that there are better and less expensive alternatives on the market. I'm willing to pay a fair amount of money for a foundation, but only if it's really good.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2010 11:19:00 AM More reviews by missceline1990

This was a very expensive product. I think I paid 44 euros for it. I bought it because I had a voucher for a parfum store so I wanted to try an oil free foundation that mattifies because I have oily acne prone skin. My skin gets really oily but because of all the acne remedies I apply to my skin it's often very dried out. The girl in the store applied it on me and at that moment it looked good on me. It was august I think so I did not have any pimples or dry skin. When it was winter my skin became dryer and my pimples returned. It looked cake (especially at the end of the day) and it accentuated my dry skin. I think this foundation is compareable to maybelline's dream matte mousse. If you like that foundation very much then you would love this too. Would not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2010 5:16:00 PM More reviews by wonderbuy

This product is a less developed version of the GA face fabric. The texture is quite heavy and is pumped with silicones. While it may give a matt appearance for a little while, it is heavy and thick, exactly opposite of what oily skins need. The major issue however relates to their colour range. Unless you are completely beige, their colours are very dulling since they don’t contain enough yellow or apricot pigment to them. If you are after yellow based shades, the #2 and #4 are too green and brown based, making you look really dull and brown. GA face fabric is a lighter texture, same coverage and the colours are great. You can also use that as a primer whereas this is way too heavy for that. I don’t recommend this but I do recommend the GA face fabric.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2009 2:59:00 AM More reviews by katushka37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Overall this is a nice mattifying foundation. It gives light-to-medium coverage and melts nicely on my skin.

At first ithough it was really dark but as I applied it it turned quite light and invisible on my skin. I would use it for very natural polished look with a bit of mineral powder.

Edit: I took one lippy off after using this foundation for couple of weeks. I found that it is very difficult to build coverage and it stays quite sheer even if I apply two layers.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2009 5:36:00 AM More reviews by llbeanpole

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This really does what it says, keeps you refreshed and matte all day! As it is a very thin veil, it looks absolutely natural, even though the color I use (Ivory) looks terrible when you squeeze it out of the tube, almost orange, but goes on ivory indeed. I don't know why, but YSL liquid foundations do that a lot, a weird color when dispensed but looks much better when applied.

I am prone to oily skin and this absorbs the oils and leaves a refined, poreless finish. Lasting power is great if you don't perspire in the heat, otherwise, it gets "washed" off!

It is almost my summer HG, except it is now much too sheer since I've had some flare-ups and currently need really heavy coverage to hide my acne scars. It also makes flaky skin *very* obvious, so not good for those using Retin-A to fight the acne.