LORAC Perfectly Lit Oil-Free Luminizing Powder in Spotlight

4.6

Mica, Nylon-12, Zinc Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Ethylhexyl Methoxyxcinnamate, Dimethicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Octyldodecanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol. May contain Bismuth Oxychloride, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ci 77499.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

HOLY GRAIL!highlighter!ive tried several including the famous becca shimmering skin perfector(which is good) but this one is hands down the best and the only one that does not make my pores look enlarged.unlike other highlighting powders it does not look shimmery in the compact form but gives the perfect natural highlight when applied to the face!im soo glad i discovered this product!!lovve!!i'm NC 30-35 for reference

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Wow. This is pretty amazing! This is a lovely highlighting product that I had seen a lot of YT gurus and beauty bloggers talk about for some time now, and I finally caved! My holdup was that all highlighters I've used in the past end up making me look greasy/shiny, sparkly, or made my pores look huge. I have oily skin in spots, and have some bigger pores around my cheekbones - just under my undereye area. This works so well - it's like it just gets absorbed into the skin, and gives you this amazing glow. I think this would work for just about any skin tone, and skin type. This is a buttery-golden color, and just kind of melds into your skin tone, to not stand out, but just make you glow! Lovely!

on 6/15/2011 1:58:00 PM

i loved this highlighter,i had to return twice cause it kept falling apart i always end up with powder everywhere in my purse!i just wish the packaging was more durable

I have to agree with the rave reviews! If you want to imitate the effect of a soft candle light that is reflected on your cheekbones, this is it. While Dior's Amber Diamond is a very beautiful highlighter, I find it WAY to shimmery to apply it to your cheeks. I ended up using it as an eyeshadow because I can't stand the artificial detectable frosty highlighter look.
Spotlight is a great match for my NC 25 skin with yellow undertones. Yet, this powder by LORAC has to be applied with a very light hand. The first time I used way to much and ended up looking like the tin man. After several experiments I found out that the best way it works for me is with the MAC 224 (windshield wiper eyeshadow blending brush) ONLY on the top curved part of my cheekbones where the light would hit. You have to blend it in. This way, I can achieve the lightdiffusing effect that looks so natural!

on 4/11/2011 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I am loving this powder. As others have said, 'shimmer' is not the right word for it, it's finer than that. It just adds a beautiful glow to anywhere you put it. I love it on the tops of the cheekbones and on the brow bone and the inner corners of the eyes. It makes my eyes look super bright and bigger, and makes my skin look super luminous. I have super oily skin, and I find that it doesn't make me look greasy at all, even after several hours, which is a first for me with highlighters. It is expensive, but it's better than anything I have ever tried from any other brand, so I think it's worth it. In fact, the day I bought it my dumb ass dropped it on the driveway and it eventually cracked a little while later. I was sooo pissed at myself, but it's so good I went and bought another one, even though my last name isn't Rockefeller and I probably shouldn't have spent the money.

on 3/22/2011 3:36:00 AM

This works great on my fair skin as a highlighter. I use it after applying foundation/blush along my cheekbones, blend it upwards in a 'C' shape around my eyes, a bit on my browbones, and some on my nose. I love the healthy glow it gives me - it really does make your face look luminous! The spongey applicator it comes with though is useless, I would suggest just tossing that out and using a nice fluffy brush - I use my BE featherlight brush and it works great.

on 3/6/2011 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Did someone just photoshop my face?? I finally purchased this after lemming it for months whenever I watched lisalisad1 videos. It really does give that perfect glow from within look. The consistency of the "shimmer" (if you want to call it that) is super fine, much finer than any MAC's MSF I've tried. I use this all over my face to set my liquid foundation, but you could also use it as a highlighter only. I compared this to the Dior Amber Lights and found the Amber Lights to be more golden, more pigmented and more shimmery.

I also love that it's oil free, my skin is acne prone and it hasn't broken me out after months of use. For reference, I wear NARS Sheer Glow in Fiji or MAC NC 20/25

on 2/20/2011 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Got this as sample four years ago...since then, I have tried many, many highlighters and I continue to reach for this. A little goes a long way. Achieves nice, subtle glow on cheekbone.

on 2/19/2011 6:38:00 PM

This is a highlighting powder. However I use it as a face powder. I usually wear a matte foundation and when I put this powder on top, it give my skin a really nice radiant dewy finish. However, you have to be careful because you can easily over do it. The powder comes in a compact with a mirror and a sponge. I don't use the sponge; I prefer a brush. In the compact the powder has a dark beige color but goes on colorless. I've been wearing it all winter long and absolutely love it. I would highly recommend this product to anyone who is looking for a highlighted or something to give a dewy finish to their compextion.

on 2/16/2011 8:44:00 AM

Best highlighter in terms of application and look. Just a glow without a trace of product! Perks you and your skin up, which is what a highlighter is supposed to do. A swipe on the apple of the cheeks makes you look like a happy camper!

Top Rated LORAC Products