August 30, 2014 | 1132 users online

Highlighters - LORAC - Perfectly Lit Oil-Free Luminizing Powder in Spotlight

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2011 3:25:00 PM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow. This is pretty amazing! This is a lovely highlighting product that I had seen a lot of YT gurus and beauty bloggers talk about for some time now, and I finally caved! My holdup was that all highlighters I've used in the past end up making me look greasy/shiny, sparkly, or made my pores look huge. I have oily skin in spots, and have some bigger pores around my cheekbones - just under my undereye area. This works so well - it's like it just gets absorbed into the skin, and gives you this amazing glow. I think this would work for just about any skin tone, and skin type. This is a buttery-golden color, and just kind of melds into your skin tone, to not stand out, but just make you glow! Lovely!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by cupcake8585

i loved this highlighter,i had to return twice cause it kept falling apart i always end up with powder everywhere in my purse!i just wish the packaging was more durable

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2011 6:58:00 PM More reviews by esmeralda1977

I have to agree with the rave reviews! If you want to imitate the effect of a soft candle light that is reflected on your cheekbones, this is it. While Dior's Amber Diamond is a very beautiful highlighter, I find it WAY to shimmery to apply it to your cheeks. I ended up using it as an eyeshadow because I can't stand the artificial detectable frosty highlighter look.
Spotlight is a great match for my NC 25 skin with yellow undertones. Yet, this powder by LORAC has to be applied with a very light hand. The first time I used way to much and ended up looking like the tin man. After several experiments I found out that the best way it works for me is with the MAC 224 (windshield wiper eyeshadow blending brush) ONLY on the top curved part of my cheekbones where the light would hit. You have to blend it in. This way, I can achieve the lightdiffusing effect that looks so natural!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2011 10:20:00 PM More reviews by amaizeingndn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am loving this powder. As others have said, 'shimmer' is not the right word for it, it's finer than that. It just adds a beautiful glow to anywhere you put it. I love it on the tops of the cheekbones and on the brow bone and the inner corners of the eyes. It makes my eyes look super bright and bigger, and makes my skin look super luminous. I have super oily skin, and I find that it doesn't make me look greasy at all, even after several hours, which is a first for me with highlighters. It is expensive, but it's better than anything I have ever tried from any other brand, so I think it's worth it. In fact, the day I bought it my dumb ass dropped it on the driveway and it eventually cracked a little while later. I was sooo pissed at myself, but it's so good I went and bought another one, even though my last name isn't Rockefeller and I probably shouldn't have spent the money.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2011 3:36:00 AM More reviews by prettylights

This works great on my fair skin as a highlighter. I use it after applying foundation/blush along my cheekbones, blend it upwards in a 'C' shape around my eyes, a bit on my browbones, and some on my nose. I love the healthy glow it gives me - it really does make your face look luminous! The spongey applicator it comes with though is useless, I would suggest just tossing that out and using a nice fluffy brush - I use my BE featherlight brush and it works great.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 7:09:00 PM More reviews by rachelanneb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Did someone just photoshop my face?? I finally purchased this after lemming it for months whenever I watched lisalisad1 videos. It really does give that perfect glow from within look. The consistency of the "shimmer" (if you want to call it that) is super fine, much finer than any MAC's MSF I've tried. I use this all over my face to set my liquid foundation, but you could also use it as a highlighter only. I compared this to the Dior Amber Lights and found the Amber Lights to be more golden, more pigmented and more shimmery.

I also love that it's oil free, my skin is acne prone and it hasn't broken me out after months of use. For reference, I wear NARS Sheer Glow in Fiji or MAC NC 20/25

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2011 3:54:00 PM More reviews by hongthetran

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got this as sample four years ago...since then, I have tried many, many highlighters and I continue to reach for this. A little goes a long way. Achieves nice, subtle glow on cheekbone.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2011 6:38:00 PM More reviews by bluest1199

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a highlighting powder. However I use it as a face powder. I usually wear a matte foundation and when I put this powder on top, it give my skin a really nice radiant dewy finish. However, you have to be careful because you can easily over do it. The powder comes in a compact with a mirror and a sponge. I don't use the sponge; I prefer a brush. In the compact the powder has a dark beige color but goes on colorless. I've been wearing it all winter long and absolutely love it. I would highly recommend this product to anyone who is looking for a highlighted or something to give a dewy finish to their compextion.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2011 8:44:00 AM More reviews by janetgrace

Best highlighter in terms of application and look. Just a glow without a trace of product! Perks you and your skin up, which is what a highlighter is supposed to do. A swipe on the apple of the cheeks makes you look like a happy camper!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2011 7:05:00 AM More reviews by sgr2008

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love highlighters. This is my darkest one I think, it is dark champagne/beige and therefore I use it more in the summer.
You only need a little and it really needs to be applied with a light hand. It is not my favorite but it is in the top 10 :o) (I have approx 30.. I know... can't help it) Since I have discovered highlighting, I have integrated this to my dayly routine, even if I do not use blush or bronzer but I will always use some highlight.