October 26, 2014 | 1493 users online

Moisturizers - Boots - No 7 Protect & Perfect night cream

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2011 10:10:00 PM More reviews by annellelazatin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great product IF it's right for your skin type. I have combination skin whch basically means my face is dry except for my nose. I hardly ever break out but my skin does get a little rough with patchy dry skin and this works wonders! I've been looking fo an anti-aging product that works without it being to strong or making my face greasy. I've tried Estee Lauder and Kiehls an although the Kiehl's serum was great, paying $60 for a little bottle was too much. I tried this on a whim and was pleasantly surprised to find that it moisturizes and really does smoothen the texture of my skin. I use it together with the Protect and Perfect serum so I cant really tell if it's the serum, the night cream or both but im going to keep using them both until i find a brightening serum that smooths out my skin as well as this.

UPDATE:
After a couple of months of use, I bought a clarisonic mia2 which got rid of the dry patches and made me much more sensitive to beauty products. I realized that this was too strong for me and needed something wthout as many chemicals. I'd stil recommend it to people without sensitive skin but for myself, I swiched to Avene.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2010 2:10:00 PM More reviews by Bindi7

I've been through about 2 of these and half way through a pot at the moment. I really like this night cream. The scent is nice and fresh and i love the feeling on my skin after i have applied it. I don't use too much as i oily skin and it works really nicely and also means i don't get through a post so quick! Very good night cream.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2010 10:26:00 PM More reviews by fUnkYmuNkEy

I have combo skin. Oily t-zone with dryness in the cheeks even in the summer! So I bought this because of the great reviews here but... Didn't work for me. I'm looking for something to use at night to soften the dry patches on my cheeks and to improve the look of my skin without breaking me out. But, I would put this on and it would feel nice going on. I liked the texture and smell but after a minute, it was as if I had never put anything on! It didn't moisturize at all! Even with my combo skin it did nothing! Back to target it went. Still searching for the perfect night time moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2010 7:18:00 AM More reviews by girlinterested

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ive been using both the Protect & Perfect Night Cream and the Protect & Perfect Day Cream moisturisers for 12/18mths, and although I've strayed for a little while (usually to Clarins via their 'gift with purchase' testers), I've always returned.
Until I moved to London, I never had issues with dry skin, but even my oily tzone has dried out (or I just got older!). I've noticed that in general my skin now is usually quite smooth and clear. The night cream is light, but very 'moisture rich' without feeling heavyor greasy. My partner now steals mine (even preferring it to the Mens No7 versions).
Downsides are price (its very expensive for what is effectively a drugstore / High Street brand) and packaging - its extremely heavy and so if you're travelling, you either have to transfer into travel pots or use something else (hence the Clarins defections while on holiday).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2009 9:52:00 PM More reviews by nday33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

What a wonderful product! I had read a review of this product in a British magazine that had rated it as one of the best night moisturizers on the market (it was compared to more expensive "department store" brands) and this product placed #1.

I have to agree with the rating. My skin after just a week looks noticibly firmer and smooth. I love the way it just sinks directly into your skin upon contact and although a little heavy to the touch, it absolutely disappears upon full contact to your face. The smell is a subtle floral but it doesn't bother me. For just under $20, I can honestly say that I will buy this product again!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2009 3:23:00 PM More reviews by cannra

started using this product when my usual nivea visage Q10 night cream ran out as wanted a change. I like a heavier lotion for my face at night. This smells nice and plumps up skin leaving it looking fresh however did not really find a big differece between this and my usual nivea apart from the price but would probebly buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2009 6:08:00 AM More reviews by katieph

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

A really, really great moisturizer. I personally was not a big fan of No 7's famous Protect and Perfect serum - I found it too light and didn't feel like it was really 'moisturizing' my skin. The night cream is excellent though - it has a lovely texture, almost like a whipped up serum. It goes on smoothly and not only makes my skin feel plumped up and super, super soft, but really makes a difference to the look of my skin. I feel my face now looks much brighter and dewy. Initially can make your face feel a bit tight and 'mask-ish' when you first apply it (must be something working!) but that effect doesn't last.

I use this both day and night, I personally don't think it's particularly 'heavy' although my skin is pretty dry.

The only real gripe I have with this, as other reviewers have said, is the pot it comes in. It's pretty heavy and unscrewing a lid is just an extra faff. In all fairness the packaging quality is really great - but a tube or pump would be easier to dispense and probably much lighter.

I thought the price was pretty high (19.50) for what is fundamentally a high street brand, but I feel it's worth every penny and a little bit goes a long way!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2008 12:00:00 PM More reviews by jln7124

This is a lovely product, just not for me. The cream has a nice, light scent and is very heavy (too heavy for my liking). It does help to smooth and keep skin moisturized but I felt that the consistency was too thick for me, although I wish I liked it enough to use it more often. My biggest gripe is the jar. I hate dipping my fingers into these jars in order to get to the product and wish it came in a pump. Still, if you are looking for a heavy duty night cream I would recommend it, I just prefer something that feels lighter.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2008 2:00:00 PM More reviews by mandymoo

A gorgeous rose scented cream with a rich but non-greasy feel which leaves my skin beautifully hydrated and smooth.

I absolutely adore this cream and it even suits my tricky combination skin and doesn't make me break out.

I've purchased it 3 times and will continue to do so.

My only gripe is the packaging as I much prefer tubes and pump dispensers to pots but it's no big deal.

An absolute winner for a fussy girl like me!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2008 12:54:00 PM More reviews by JClarke

Boots have started a whole range to complement their famous Protect & Perfect serum and I was surprised to see no one else has reviewed them yet.
I read in a magazine that it's usuallly best to stick to one range of products to get the best effect and that using different products from different ranges all at the same time might even sometimes be detrimental to the skin. As I use the Protect & Perfect serum I though I'd get the night cream to use with it. I am very pleased with this and may well go on to try some of the other products later (e.g. they also do a day cream, eye cream, cream for the body and even a men's range now)
It comes in a satisfyingly large pot that you can dip your fingers in and is good value at 19.50 for 50 ml. It's quite rich, which I expect from a night cream and you feel as though it's really mouisturizing your skin. Too early yet to report any dramatic effect and frankly I doubt that there will be any since I have never yet bought a night cream that makes any dramatic improvement. But it does make the skin feel quite dewy and plumps it up a bit.
It claims it "includes a skin-firming complex containing lipo-peptides to boost and maintain elasticity." Don't know about that but I think it's definetly worth getting again.