October 1, 2014 | 1992 users online

Foundations - Boots - No7 True Identity Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2011 8:06:00 PM More reviews by roxysurfergirlpi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in light, I have yellow undertones and this seems a little bit pink. It is not a foundation because it gives a sheer or very light coverage. It's more like a tinted moisturizer, but the texture is not liquidy at all, more like a mousse. It feels really nice to smooth on, very light weight and it's not shinny. It does get a little darker as it settles on your face, but that is good for me since it was a little too light at first. The packaging is really nice and sleek and expensive looking. I recommend this for combo/oily skin because it does not cover dry spots, and for people who have nice skin and do not need to use much concealer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2011 11:57:00 AM More reviews by joy2uandme

Pros: Super lightweight colored gel. Evens skintone but doesn't mask. Simple formulation. Cheap, can find at Target and drugstore.com. Does not break me out. Came recommended by derm for simple formulation safe for allergic types like me.

Cons: Lightest color is too dark for my NC25 tone until summer. No SPF, addition would make this perfect. Can highlight flaky areas. Must wait for it to mesh with skin, then looks perfect. Is sometimes MIA at the end of the day. Can transfer to collars.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2011 11:50:00 AM More reviews by EricaDerout

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My favorite foundation ever! I have super dry skin, so while I adore the look of mineral makeup, it's always too drying. I haven't worn foundation or primers in years, but this product is amazing and perfect for me!

It gives me a flawless look, with the feel and application of a primer and the coverage of a light foundation. It's super smooth and I layer Boots mineral makeup lightly over the top and my skin looks amazing and stays matte all day. By bedtime my face looks like I just applied, and that's with zero maintenance or touch ups - very long lasting, washes off clean and doesn't break me out - feels like my natural skin, not like I'm wearing any makeup at all.

It reminds me a lot of Korean BB cream, only it's the right color for me (they are always too light and too pink/gray) and much easier to remove.

I'm 1/2 Indian with yellow undertones and the sales assistant color matched me and off I went. Imagine my surprise when I saw that she sold me the light color! It's perfect for me, but I can see how it might be too dark for really fair skinned people.

I ADORE this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2011 8:46:00 PM More reviews by blankdreams

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this at Target on clearance for $3. I got the lightest color they had which was light 02 and it's too dark for my NC20-NC25 skin. I'm usually the 2nd or 3rd lightest color in things so I thought this would work...not even thinking how many colors they might have or anything else. I think this might work for me in the summer though when I'm tan. I tried it out on my hand and even though the darkness seems very intimidating it blends out nicely...almost exactly to my skintone. I love the texture of it so I might buy this in my actual shade sometime. I'm not too disappointed though since it was only $3 and I'll probably be able to use it in the summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2010 3:05:00 AM More reviews by lauriebeth

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this even though I don't like thick formulas, but it glides on dark, & morphs into a natural look. No breakouts, so I'll continue to use this. Don't be afraid of the dark color, or thick texture, it works, but very sheer cover.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2010 8:51:00 PM More reviews by KirstieLynn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Well sadly this product only comes in 3 shades. Even though it supposedly matches your skin tone, even the lightest shade looks muddy on me. Other than that, It blends beautifully! And it really does give natural-looking coverage. Its also non-pore blocking, which I found to be true since I don't think it made me break out (But I didn't really use it a lot). It does have talc and mineral oil in it though, which may be a downside from some people. I think that I would have really liked this product if it matched my skin tone! It doesn't sink into my pores and it dries to a sort of 'powder finish', that's not too matte. It comes in a really convenient squeeze bottle with a tiny hole, so you cant really get too much on accident.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2010 6:31:00 PM More reviews by janetgrace

Don't know if this gets much love on the boards but it's absolute perfection for me . I use it in medium, having gold/warm undertones. Looks dark but just disappears and give a perfect natural look all day. Use this with LM primer. I do not suggest a silicone primer or powder over this. Tried this and the look was wrong. The finish is a soft focus and I apply it with a damp sponge. It can be layered for a fuller finish. It's a no brainer in terms of application, yet gives a polished look. What more can you ask for? Does not oxidize and wears excellent even in this summer heat. Oily girls may have to blot during humid days. I would call this a step above a TM and the label reads it adjust to your natural skin tone.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2010 12:07:00 AM More reviews by halwa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not a totally bad product. I do like makeup that is typically user friendly and convenient to use. This was on sale at my drugstore for about $7.99 so I decided to try it out. Like the user said it has mouse like texture that I find tries to a powdery sheer natural finish. Compared to GA face fabric, this is definitely a dryer formula. It apparently adjust to your shade. In which case I think it does because medium looks pretty muddy when I initially put it on, but it blends into my face and coloring just fine. This a product that blurs and evens. I use this when I have literally 2 mins to slap something on, as I don't need powder to finish it., I use bronzer to give some dimension. Overall, a pretty decent product for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2010 11:09:00 PM More reviews by Nnalie

I would describe this as a mousse foundation in a tube. It is very soft, very sheer but decently buildable, and does indeed blend to your skin. It did not blend light enough for me, so I won't purchase it again. (With a bit of lightening powder on my face and bronzer on my neck it worked fine, I didn't feel like returning it)

It is a nice formula, but not right for my skin. It settles a bit into fine lines, also accentuated dryness - which I only have occasionally. I found it worked best when applied with fingers RIGHT after putting on my moisturizer. This helped it blend into my skin. Then I go and smooth it out of my "parentheses" :-) It doesn't work well under my eyes either.

I think its a nice product, for someone else. It has a lot of good qualities and is easy to work with, but not right for me; especially for the price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2009 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Mrs_Pooky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this because it feels SO nice, but alas, it wasn't meant to be. My skin is very picky, though, so it may work for others, hence my higher rating. My skin just doesn't seem to like -ane 'cones when they're the main ingredient.

This is VERY sheer. It adds just a touch of color. Although I would prefer to have much more coverage, it does leave the skin looking radiant and smooth. It feels like silk when applied and dries to a nice powdery finish without being dry. The light shade looks very dark, but it blended nicely into my PPP skin and would be acceptable for summer, but not for winter.

Sadly, this was returned to Target because it caused a nasty breakout and taught me about yet another ingredient my skin doesn't like.