Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

New (2013) formula: Talc, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Tricaprylin, Calcium Carbonate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Methicone, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minerale), Phenoxyethanol. [+/- May Contain: CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77007 (Ultramarines)]. Old (pre-2013) formula: Talc, Calcium, Carbonate, Tricaprylin, Oriza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium, EDTA, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower, Extract, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl, Palmitate, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet) .

on 6/21/2014 8:08:00 PM

I have really oily skin, and this powder works well. It does not look cakey at all, and lasts a long time. I use this in the morning, and then use oil blotting papers throughout the day. I usually don't even need to reapply the powder. With other powders, I would have to use so much in the summer, that it would build up and "crack" on my skin. It was embarassing, so I read several reviews for powders and tried this. I like it, and will definitely buy it again.

on 5/16/2014 12:11:00 AM

Love love love. HG product. My skin is BEYOND oily - 10 mins after I apply and set makeup I am already starting to get oily again. I have to blot every hour or 2 or else my makeup will melt off my face. Although this product doesn't rid my oiliness completely, it DEFINITELY has reduced it A LOT, which no other mattifying powders have done (MAC, tarte, revlon, etc etc).

PROS:
- reduces blotting time from every hour to every 2-3 hours which is the best I've found
- amazingly smooth powder: applies like a dream. It's incredibly finely milled and makes my skin look almost poreless
- doesn't leave a white veil as other translucent powders have (cough cough MAC)...
- PACKAGING!! I love how it's purple and almost like 3D. I'm not embarrassed to powder my face in public just because I love showing off the packaging lol. I also love how it's kinda heavy, makes it feel more good quality
- lasts for months: I use this product probably 5 times a day almost every day, and it lasts me 4-5 months before i have to repurchase
- the compact puff/pad whatever is great because it picks up the perfect amount of product, not too much and not too little. Also love how it sticks to the mirror when you open it to keep it out of the way

CONS:
- #1 con is the price. Although, it does last a very long time
- packaging: this has only happened once, but the mirror part Kind of like half detached so now when I open the compact it's wobbly and I feel like it'll break off any day
- compact pad/puff doesn't outlast the product itself. I tried to wash the puff as it got dirty from months of use, and it got destroyed. Contrary to my pro about the puff, I sometimes dont like how it sticks to the mirror, because then I have to peel it off when I just wanna use the mirror quickly

Overall, I will repurchase this again and again (even though the price is crazy IMO!) until I find a product that controls my oil better. Love!!

on 4/29/2014 11:00:00 PM

This is by far my favorite powder I have ever used. I have combination skin, but the center of my forehead is so oily I could probably fry in it. However, this powder not only managed to keep my forehead matte all day long (probably 14 hours to be exact), it kept my dry cheeks from getting dry and didn't look cakey at all. This makes my foundation look matte and perfect all day long. It is also so translucent that I don't feel the need to put on powder highlighter, I can use liquid before I apply this powder and it is still noticeable. I would recommend this for everyone because my extremely dry cheeks weren't affected by this powder and it is marvelous for oily skin.

on 4/11/2014 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Awesome powder, does not look cakey even if you use a little too much. As far as shine control, I have VERY oily skin, so I'll start to see some shine come through after a few hours, but thats a huge improvement from when I would be shiny after an hour. I only have to blot usually two times a day, where as other powders it would be every hour or so. I love that it looks natural and never cakes up. I just wish it was a little cheaper because it usually only lasts me a month and a half, but i'll deal with 30 dollars a month for this!

on 4/5/2014 6:24:00 PM

I came across Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder while looking for a powder. I have combination/ oily skin, and this is just the bee's knees! I absolutely love it. I love the product as well as the case! The application puff sticks to the mirror! love that! the product is great because the powder is colorless, so it takes out the hassle of trying to match your correct skin tone. It feels lightweight but also keeps your skin looking great for hours! I really feel there's nothing like it in product and cute case!

on 3/19/2014 8:15:00 AM

Perfect product for oily skin! Used the UD de slick spray with no luck, however this powder is a godsend when it comes to controlling oil. I have a lot of acne hyper pigmentation marks and thus need a bit more concealer than most folks. By midday I'll blot oil using my clean and clear oil blotting strips and then apply a loose layer of this product for a perfect finish. Also use it as a setting powder after done applying concealer and foundation. Doesn't affect the colour or texture of my makeup and provides a very smooth finish, even reducing look of pores. It's a great alternative to using powder to control oil, your not just layering on more colour and caking up your face. Highly highly recommend!

on 3/5/2014 8:24:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This compact is beautiful on the outside and inside :) looks fab in my handbag! A little really does go a long way with this product and should only be used on oily skin. A friend tried it and she has normal skin and it just sat on the surface and made her look like a ghost. I find that it doesn't make your skin feel heavy after applying.

on 2/25/2014 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I think I found the perfect powder for me :)

The powder is definitely oil-controlled, however you definitely have to be careful how much you apply. When I'm extra oily, I like to have a matte face, but I literally look like a pale porcelain doll if I apply too much. I think this would be good in summer to wear as a base to the beach or something. However, for the price, hard candy has a better mattifying powder I prefer over this. Might re-purchase...

on 2/4/2014 2:24:00 PM

This works but you really have to be very careful and not apply too much. The pad that comes with it sucks! So I just used a powder brush like others did. There were a lot of times where I put too much so if this happens, just brush off the extra with you hands lightly. My negative overall rating comes from the price and mainly that mine broke within a month. I have it in my purse and one day when I opened it I found it all in crumbles. I had no choice but to trash it. :( I still haven't bought another one and it has been 6 months. In the in winter I don't have the need for this so much so maybe I will try it again this summer.

Recommended for Normal Skin