April 20, 2014 | 1692 users online

BB Cream - Skinfood - Mushroom Multi Care BB Cream SPF 20 PA+

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2012 11:59:00 AM More reviews by yaeyae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my first ever review. I wasn't so sure about giving a review as I am such an amateur when it comes to beauty/makeup products. But! I can't believe this amazing product hasn't got higher ratings that it deserves!

Let me start by saying that this is the one makeup product that I can't live without. I am so glad I found this BB cream a few years back and have been repurchasing since. I have fair/light Asian skin and used #1. Now that they have discontinued #1, I am using #2 and honestly I don't see much difference between the two shades.

I can't say I have tried many different foundations myself, partly due to the reason that I would be very slow to move away from this amazing BB cream. I did use Missha perfect cover BB cream for a short while (due to recommendations by famous Asian beauty bloggers), and tried Giorgio Armani fluid foundation and Estee Lauder double wear light samples recently - they all felt so heavy on my face at the end of the day I just wanted to scrape them off! I think I'm so spoilt by the airiness of this BB cream now I can't use another 'real' foundation anymore.

Coverage is not as sheer as some may think. I would say it has medium coverage. I apply a pea size amount on my face with my fingers, then dab on extra product for areas that I need extra coverage - yes! it doubles as a concealer as well. It's a cream formula so it moisturizes and smooths on very easily. Sometimes I use a concealer on top if the spots still show. It gives a very natural dewy look. Some of my friends actually think my skin is "naturally luminous" :)

Lasting power is superb. I work long hours so this is a definite plus. It lasts 8+ hours for me in an office setting and my t-zone can get a bit shiny by the 8th hour mark in the summer days, but nothing a powder compact can't cure. I set it with powder in summer to delay the onset of oil in the t-zone area and wear it alone in winter. I am using it over a primer recently but find that the BB cream could perform just as well when it's worn alone.

My only complaint is the packaging. The tube looks kind of cheap and the sides tend to break open when I am almost finished with the tube. I think skinfood can do better here considering it's not their cheapest product but definitely got one of the worst packaging.

I have yet to try the good afternoon BB cream series so can't really compare, but I don't think I can ever find a foundation to top this. Please never discontinue this product. Your recent cancellation of #1 did give me a bit of a panic skinfood!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2012 2:38:00 AM More reviews by princesssage

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

About me: oily/combo/sensitive skin, NC20ish, yellow/beige undertones, no pink, maybe just a touch of peach. I use shade #1.

PROS:
Dries to a really lovely satin matte
Doesn't need primer
Stays matte for hours without powder or touch-ups, sometimes I think it gets even more matte as the day goes on
Nice color match for my skin
I like the natural, slightly grassy smell
SPF
Hasn't caused enlarged pores or breakouts
Sanitary tube packaging
Reasonably priced

CONS:
When I use my fingers to apply it goes on too heavy and looks shiny, it took me awhile to figure out how to wear it. (I use a fluffy blush brush, dot the product on my face, and blend.)
Shades are limited. I can't imagine this working for very pale girls, or girls with very pink toned skin

Overall, I would totally buy this again. It's a great product, and is my go to for everyday if I'm not sure what else to do. When the product came out of the tube, it looked too dark for me, and I was relieved I didn't buy shade #2. But, I think it goes on a little lighter than what it looks like straight out of the package. Undertones of the product are yellow/beige/peach. I'm not sure if it has any skin care benefits, but it certainly doesn't hurt.

It would have gotten a five, but I took a lippie off for how heavy and greasy it looks when I use my fingers, and the limited shade range.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by zhoo

I adore the smell. I wore it for just that reason alone regardless of the color mismatch.. I was a fine BB cream and it served me well while I owned it. Can't comment on the long-term effects as I gave it away due to it being a tad too pink. SPF could be higher as well. Overall - good but I've known better. Would not repurchase even if the color was spot on.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2012 9:51:00 PM More reviews by Jaimeeec

One of my fav bb creams of all time. Doesn't feel oily. It's easy to apply. The packaging makes it rather travel-friendly. It's reasonably priced.

Light coverage, but it's enough for me for daily usage. I don't normally put on much makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2011 8:56:00 AM More reviews by Heiaken

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a good bb cream for combo skin if you want something that leaves a semi matt natural finish and doesn't have full coverage. The finish is only slightly dewy but not shiny. After application it feels a little sticky so you may want to powder it. Without powder it lasted about two hours with out getting shiny and with my Inglot loose powder I had to blot after four hours. With little blotting it lasted about 8 hours on me, so to wear is pretty good. It has light to medium buildable coverage. I bought the shade #1 radiant skin and it does blend well on my NC15 skin but will most likely work better on NW15-20 skin. I'm not a fan of the smell, but luckily it does disappear after a while.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2011 2:43:00 AM More reviews by alissss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought both the Aloe and the Mushroom skinfoods BB creams ages ago on ebay. I only recently opened the mushroom one since the Aloe one lasted so long. I do not use these in the summer with a tan. I like them a lot. It's just the light coverage I need. Be warned that the light shade is really quite pale - this works great on my skin (NW15). I actually like the smell. Overall, I am very happy to find this product. 4 instead of 5 stars because there aren't too many color choices.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2011 9:49:00 AM More reviews by Messie

I'm on my second tube of this product, so you can tell I'm really loving it. I'm even considering getting my third tube as a backup already! ( greedy I know. )

but anyway, this is an amazing bb cream. I have tried skin79, baviphat, brtc, and dr jart ones, but this mushroom bb cream has to be the best.

it just gives me such a flawless face and makes my face look so much brighter! I am using #2 and I am an NC20 for reference. I do not have oily skin, so I don't have to worry about oil control.

Anyway, I would definitely recommend this amazing bb cream to anyone who does not have too much to cover, wants something light to use everyday to school, and does not have too oily skin, because I know this bb cream does not provide excellent oil control =)

overall for me though, this is definitely a HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2010 10:50:00 PM More reviews by mooneyes89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is thick and moisturizing but at the same time light and not heavy. It covers well and smells amazing! If the smell is coming from the actual mushrooms thats great but its probably perfume and has little skin care in it. It is an amazing makeup though!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2009 10:53:00 AM More reviews by vagabondking

i first got this in shade 2, but it was too dark and pink for me (i'm an NC20 ~ why does it seem like almost everyone uses MAC for a reference?), so i gave it to my mom (who likes it a lot). i then bought it in shade 1, and it was a good match.

this bb cream is a little more moisturizing than the aloe one (i think it's meant for more mature skin anyway), and the consistency is a little thicker, but it still goes on nicely and doesn't feel like i'm wearing makeup. i found that the oil control is pretty much similar to 'aloe' (which is okay, except for my nose, which is a lost cause), and the coverage is medium (also similar to 'aloe'), but it does seem to make my skin a little brighter than 'aloe'. i always get compliments on my skin when i wear it. i'd recommend this for those with dry to normal/combination skin looking for something to brighten their skin and don't require too much coverage.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2009 4:40:00 AM More reviews by mickey5252

I've got all 3 BB creams from skin food (gingko, aloe vera and mushroom), and gingko is the one that i liked the most, because in comparison with the other 2 it provides more coverage, however, it does not have SPF in it.

I've shifted to Aloe Vera because it has SPF20 PA+, but i wasn't satisfied with the coverage, it feels almost like a tinted moisturizer with no coverage at all.

For the mushroom, I've only used it once, because i've got combo/oily skin and it feels too heavy on me.

I'm a huge fan of BB cream, but I'm not using skin food BB cream anymore, because they've only got two shades, and even the darkest one is too light for me (for reference, I'm a NC30)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No