October 23, 2014 | 1414 users online

BB Cream - Skinfood - Mushroom Multi Care BB Cream SPF 20 PA+

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by blohyuked

My first bbcream experience ever was with Dr.Beauty from The Saem, which was super light on my skin until it would oxidize for a bit. My second was from Skinfood's afternoon tea line, the honey black tea #2 and honestly, I thought I was pretty set on bbcreams. Then lo and behold, I ended up buying this to test it out and it's been absolutely amazing! I've been using it for the past couple of months and I just love it. The packaging is really lovely, especially the cap. It has a unique and fragrant scent that just makes me want to use it all the time. But really, I love how well it blends onto my skin. As other people have mentioned, it feels light and airy on your skin, which is something I really look for considering I don't usually wear makeup. My only real gripe about this is the oil control. To be honest, the oil control really isn't that bad. But after about 4-5 hours, my t-zone in particular tends to get pretty oily. So, to combat that, I just use a translucent powder to set it and then everything's fine.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by smsine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One of my favorite BB Creams. Covers very well and has a great consistency. Smells weird though, so if you're sensitive to smell this is not for you!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2012 2:03:00 PM More reviews by xxhna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my second bb cream after trying out the one from Missha. I loved it! The application was smooth and flawless and lasted all day on my skin. Unfortunately, after months of use, my skin began to clog up in places I never had pimples before. I believe this was the culprit. I do think maybe one needs to cleanse and tone thoroughly to remove this from your face. And never ever sleep in your makeup!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2012 11:59:00 AM More reviews by yaeyae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my first ever review. I wasn't so sure about giving a review as I am such an amateur when it comes to beauty/makeup products. But! I can't believe this amazing product hasn't got higher ratings that it deserves!

Let me start by saying that this is the one makeup product that I can't live without. I am so glad I found this BB cream a few years back and have been repurchasing since. I have fair/light Asian skin and used #1. Now that they have discontinued #1, I am using #2 and honestly I don't see much difference between the two shades.

I can't say I have tried many different foundations myself, partly due to the reason that I would be very slow to move away from this amazing BB cream. I did use Missha perfect cover BB cream for a short while (due to recommendations by famous Asian beauty bloggers), and tried Giorgio Armani fluid foundation and Estee Lauder double wear light samples recently - they all felt so heavy on my face at the end of the day I just wanted to scrape them off! I think I'm so spoilt by the airiness of this BB cream now I can't use another 'real' foundation anymore.

Coverage is not as sheer as some may think. I would say it has medium coverage. I apply a pea size amount on my face with my fingers, then dab on extra product for areas that I need extra coverage - yes! it doubles as a concealer as well. It's a cream formula so it moisturizes and smooths on very easily. Sometimes I use a concealer on top if the spots still show. It gives a very natural dewy look. Some of my friends actually think my skin is "naturally luminous" :)

Lasting power is superb. I work long hours so this is a definite plus. It lasts 8+ hours for me in an office setting and my t-zone can get a bit shiny by the 8th hour mark in the summer days, but nothing a powder compact can't cure. I set it with powder in summer to delay the onset of oil in the t-zone area and wear it alone in winter. I am using it over a primer recently but find that the BB cream could perform just as well when it's worn alone.

My only complaint is the packaging. The tube looks kind of cheap and the sides tend to break open when I am almost finished with the tube. I think skinfood can do better here considering it's not their cheapest product but definitely got one of the worst packaging.

I have yet to try the good afternoon BB cream series so can't really compare, but I don't think I can ever find a foundation to top this. Please never discontinue this product. Your recent cancellation of #1 did give me a bit of a panic skinfood!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2012 2:38:00 AM More reviews by princesssage

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

About me: oily/combo/sensitive skin, NC20ish, yellow/beige undertones, no pink, maybe just a touch of peach. I use shade #1.

PROS:
Dries to a really lovely satin matte
Doesn't need primer
Stays matte for hours without powder or touch-ups, sometimes I think it gets even more matte as the day goes on
Nice color match for my skin
I like the natural, slightly grassy smell
SPF
Hasn't caused enlarged pores or breakouts
Sanitary tube packaging
Reasonably priced

CONS:
When I use my fingers to apply it goes on too heavy and looks shiny, it took me awhile to figure out how to wear it. (I use a fluffy blush brush, dot the product on my face, and blend.)
Shades are limited. I can't imagine this working for very pale girls, or girls with very pink toned skin

Overall, I would totally buy this again. It's a great product, and is my go to for everyday if I'm not sure what else to do. When the product came out of the tube, it looked too dark for me, and I was relieved I didn't buy shade #2. But, I think it goes on a little lighter than what it looks like straight out of the package. Undertones of the product are yellow/beige/peach. I'm not sure if it has any skin care benefits, but it certainly doesn't hurt.

It would have gotten a five, but I took a lippie off for how heavy and greasy it looks when I use my fingers, and the limited shade range.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by zhoo

I adore the smell. I wore it for just that reason alone regardless of the color mismatch.. I was a fine BB cream and it served me well while I owned it. Can't comment on the long-term effects as I gave it away due to it being a tad too pink. SPF could be higher as well. Overall - good but I've known better. Would not repurchase even if the color was spot on.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2012 9:51:00 PM More reviews by Jaimeeec

One of my fav bb creams of all time. Doesn't feel oily. It's easy to apply. The packaging makes it rather travel-friendly. It's reasonably priced.

Light coverage, but it's enough for me for daily usage. I don't normally put on much makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2012 9:12:00 AM More reviews by allthecolours

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I'm pretty happy with this BB cream. When I first got it in the mail, a load of oil came out when I opened the packaging, so make sure you shake the tube first just incase! #1 is very light (too light for me - NC20 for reference) with light yellow tones, #2 is pretty orangey and more for NC23/25 I think. Please look at the swatches on the links below. It doesn't look or feel heavy on the skin, lasting power is at least 8 hours, doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. It's probably the best BB cream I've tried, I just wish the colours were better as neither of them fit my skin.

PROS:
- Feels lightweight on the skin
- Does not get oily on my skin throughout the day
- Affordable
- No breakouts
- Lasts all day without touch-ups
- Neither matte nor dewy finish...more like natural skin texture
- Blends easily
- Whitening ingredients

CONS:
- Limited colour selection
- Very low SPF

Copy links to see swatches of both shades (No.1 on left and No.2 on right)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by teetearose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This BB cream is the most long lasting BB ever in my list. I use it almost everyday for my acne prone skin. My skin easily to erupts acne or white head in a second, but this BB cream saves me a lot. Hides my reddish skin, not making my acne goes bad and even heal it after i wash it off at the end of the day. Now my skin is acne free or at least less acne on it, so I don't use this often unless i got red eruption on my face. The greyish shade is there like other BB cream, but not too grey compared to other BB cream I used to try IMO. The moisture is not annoying for my oily combination skin, harmless for my acne prone skin, and last long on my skin unless i wipe my skin over and over again with tissue, it stayed just fine till afternoon. Great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2011 8:39:00 AM More reviews by burgundyangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

I absolutely love the coverage of the Skinfood Mushroom BB cream. Shade 2 is perfect for me. I am a NC25-30 girl. I am in for heavier coverage and I love how this bb cream does a good job to smooth out my face. But again, I usually have a primer/base on before any makeup.
I find the scent very refreshing and alluring. As I have a combination skin, I would still need a little touchup maybe 4 hours later, but I am totally fine with it.
Yes. yes. I will repurchase again when I am running low.