December 20, 2014 | 1680 users online

BB Cream - Skinfood - Aloe Sun BB Cream SPF 20 PA+

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2013 12:41:00 AM More reviews by royalpri

(+)
-It smells good (for me, at least).
-It is a light, easy to spread BB cream, good for daily use.
-It is cheap.
-The texture is smooth, not a sticky one.
-The dewey effect is almost perfect. It leaves you a moist appearance yet it does not make your skin look too matte, too oily or too dry.
-It has a nice yet light formula that suits my oily skin so somehow it does not cause acnes.

(-)
-Low coverage ability. If you have pimples, dark spots, redness, marks, or any of those, you have to apply much amount in order to cover your skin or else it will be still clearly visible.
-Low viability. It started to fade just after 3-4 hours and if you blot your face even with the softest tissue, you will get some residue of this BB cream.

Conclusion:
Overall this is a nice BB cream, if only I am not looking for a long lasting BB cream, I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Scott77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Of all the BB creams I reviewed this is my favorite. It is a dupe (to me at least) of the La Mer TM. Same performance, texture, etc. Side by side Shade 2 of the SF is nearly identical to medium of the LM.

Pros:
SPF 20
Natural look. After 10 minutes the shade blends with your skintone and looks like a better version of your own skin.
Very inexpensive if purchased online.
Nice mild scent.
Not too dewey, not too matte.
Larger amount than the other SF BB creams.

Cons:
None

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2012 2:52:00 AM More reviews by NewWave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The coverage is qite light, but still enough to cover minor imperfections. Doesn't accentuate dry patches, so can definetely be used on those with dry skin. Looks devy and nearly perfect upon application, but gets shiny and starts sliding from my face after about an hour despite primer and setting powder AND setting spray (!!!). So this is not good enough for everyday use in the office. I still keep my tube for occasional application on weekends while at home and can be worn 2-3 hours without turning very ugly. For the reference I have combo skin with oily T-zone, so probably ladies with dryer skin can still make it work. The finish is beautiful and very natural. I just wish it lasted longer.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2012 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Morbidprince

Texture: creamy
Coverage: 10%, layering possible
Scent: mild
Staying Power: up to 4 hr without powder, up to 6 hr with powder

It's an okay bb cream, not my favorite cause it didn't wow me (looked about the same with and without). This will be something I'd go for when I'm doing the minimal makeup look. It can feel quite sticky when first applied, but a little bit of Gurelain Meterorite will fix that. I don't recommend wearing BB cream without translucent powder on top.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2012 12:38:00 AM More reviews by woaifobs

This is an average Korean BB Cream. At the cheapest end of the spectrum, it does quite well as a moisturizer, oil controller, and evens out the skin color of your face. As other reviewers have mentioned, there is little to no coverage for blemishes or dark spots. As for the "aloe qualities" promoted by Skin Food, I haven't seen any major improvement to my skin quality after using this product everyday for 2 months.

I have porcelain Asian skin that is very fair, so there are by far much better options for me as far as Asian BB Creams go. Therefore, I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2012 7:46:00 AM More reviews by Lillyan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this bb cream. I have a really light skin tone, so #1 suitet me quite nice. The coverage are indeed quite sheer, but you can try to double it up. This bb cream is not to oily on my skin (weey).
Since the coverage somethimes are to sheer for my liking i mix this bb cream with my shiseido foundation, and the result is awesome!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2012 3:00:00 PM More reviews by harunaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a good BB Cream, my first Skinfood BB cream. It really moisturizes my skin and it last long. At first when I apply it, my face becomes kinda pink-ish but then it becomes normal and gives a matte look. Finish with compact or loose powder and you're good to go. This is my everyday BB cream. It doesn't give much coverage which is pretty great because I don't really like cakey effect on my face. But for some occasions I need to cover my imperfections I just use concealer before applying this and it's perfect.
Pros:
- Perfect everyday BB cream
- Light, non-cakey BB cream
- Smells nice
- Moisturizes skin well.
- Last long.
- Only need a VERY small drop into your hand, it can be used for the whole face.

Cons:
- I think this is for Koreans who have paler/whiter skin than me. I have yellow/brown undertone and I don't think this is very suitable for me.
- When I'm sweaty or tired or it's really a hot day, my face gets kinda pink/red-ish. But only for a few minutes.
- Literally no coverage. So this isn't very useful when you need to cover some flaws in your skin. Totally a day bb cream.

I don't think I'll purchase this again. I'm still searching for a perfect BB cream.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by AngelsdoExist

This bb cream is not the best but there are literally close to a hundred bb creams on the market right now so its hard to know which is really best
I have tried about 10-20 bb creams and nothing about this one really stands out, its just another bb cream

I tried this one in the color #1 radiant and when first applied its slightly too pale but then adjusts when it oxidizes

The one thing about this bb cream that I liked was that it looks extremely natural, it seems to "feed into" the skin unlike some other bb creams that just sit on the skin and look like makeup
This bb cream is also less oily than ones like lioele beyond the solution and skin79 hot pink but its not completely oil free it does start to get shiny after a couple of hours, also the coverage is pretty good id give the coverage a 4 out of 5

The one thing that I really dont like about this bb cream is that is super thick compared to some others... which means its not good for your skin! Im glad I did not buy the full size and only bought some samples...my hunt continues for the perfect bb cream

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2012 5:08:00 AM More reviews by dewmercia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is my first bb cream and I hated it.It was thick and greyish.I was so disappointed I swore off bb cream in general for like half a year until I came across a video on how to apply BB cream.
Now I just dot the cream on my face and pat gently.
I use this more as a makeup base before applying powder foundation because the coverage is not enough for my ance marks.
BB creams are supposed to improve your skin and it is true for this BB cream for me.My face has become smoother and my scars are slowly fading.I can see obvious improvement on my cheeks where there are a lot of small acne marks.
But my face has become fairer as well within a month so I'm thinking maybe I should stop using it after my scars fade.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2012 5:38:00 AM More reviews by staytunedmel

This bb cream seems to be a little thick and while it does give good coverage, i think that it does seem to give me occasional outbreak. I have an unfinished tube and have long changed to more water based bb cream