October 21, 2014 | 1229 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - 'Green Room Collection' Hybrid 2-in-1 Luminizing Primer

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2009 7:01:00 PM More reviews by x7hx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I kinda hated this. I really wanted to love it.. It was basically everything I've always wanted in a primer, so I thought. But the only problem is there is sooo much highliter and not enough primer. It's so annoying. Most of the time I don't get any primer at all, unless I put my finger over the other hole for the highlighter and squeeze. If it could be dispensed evenly it would be an awesome, maybe even phenomenal, product. I just wonder why the two couldn't be already mixed together. It's so aggravating.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2009 4:21:00 PM More reviews by Amam

I like this product a lot. When I first used it, I couldn't really get the product to spread out evenly on my face.

Then I started to mix it up with my Mary Kay Sunblock. I loved the effect of it. I accomplished what I wanted to accomplish. The natural glow look. The sunblock made it easier to spread throughout my whole face evenly and I used less of the product than I would normally use. If I looked closer into the mirror, it didn't show any excess spots. I didn't even have to use any foundation to make it less shimmery. The result was perfect(at least to me it was), I did not look one bit metallic.

The only thing I hate about the product was that it was just plain expensive.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2009 8:46:00 PM More reviews by rmtodd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used this product for a while, and tried to get use to it. But I never could. While the results were alright, I couldn't stand the smell of the primer, and the way it felt when it came out of the bottle. I finally moved on from it. It just wasn't the right primer for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2009 8:28:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

Being a huge fan of Smashbox's primer, and of highlighting products in general, I jumped all over this product, released with the Muse collection. It's a 29ml tube that houses Artificial Light on one side and Photo Finish on the other.

At about $34 US, this isn't inexpensive and it's most certainly a luxury. Having said that, you'll love having this in your collection if you're a glow junkie like me.

There's a learning curve to using this. First of all, it's difficult to ensure that you're dispensing both products at the same time. I tend to get more of the Artificial Light (a gorgeous shimmery beige with a kiss of gold) than the Photo Finish. When I first used this, I used way too much and applied it everywhere. On a print ad, I might have gotten away with this earth angel/edgy metallic look; in person, I definitely looked like I was channeling the Tin Man. Not a great look. But what I did learn about the product, after this unfortunate incident, was how this stuff lasts and lasts... and lasts. No amount of buffing and powdering made this stuff budge. A couple of layers of foundation over it wouldn't hide the obvious glow. And that's what it was - glow, just way, way overdone (thanks to my overzealous pumping of product). It was a mess, but it wasn't cakey or anything. In fact, my husband only said my skin looked "a couple of shades lighter on some parts of your face." When I used it the second time, taking care to apply it only on the bridge of my nose, over my cheekbones, and above my brow bones, voila - that ethereal look I've been after for so long. After using dozens of highlighters, I've finally found the one.

Now that I've said all of that, I guess I'm admitting this is more of a highlighter than a primer. You just really can't prime your entire face with this stuff, lest you want to duplicate my snow queen episode. So I'm using another primer, and then using this, and then my tinted moisturizer, and then a light dusting of powder. A lot of work, but it amounts to a flawless look. Well worth it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2009 10:55:00 AM More reviews by murphysmomkk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim. I thought the packaging looked interesting and I like to be luminous whenever possible ... and I must say, this does the trick. I really love it - it gives a glow that makes me look younger and does make makeup stay on better. This is pretty shimmery so there's no way I would use it alone, but under foundation, it is so pretty. I use it all over my face, but concentrate on the area right above my cheekbones and that seems to work wonderfully. My only complaints are that is is a fairly small tube and I think I paid 34.00 .... that's pretty pricey to me. But I like it alot and will probably re-purchase. Also, I am not really sure how well the two products inside blend as they come out - it seems one will overtake the other if that makes sense and you don't get an even squirt of product, if that makes sense. But again, overall, I could not believe how pretty it makes your makeup and even in bright outside daylight!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2009 5:22:00 AM More reviews by valentina555

i wrote a not-very-nice review for the orginal primer and have never considered using a primer since my crappy experience. but when i saw this i got excited!
I recently got Dior Forever foundation (want to use it more before i write a review) and have felt it to be a bit too matte/ chalky. the premise of this product was the perfect solution, plus just a great prospect in general.. glowy skin and make up that stays put? sold!

this is an early review. so far i love it. wore it for one night of work (in nightclub) tonight and my makeup looked great by the end. used on eyelids and it really helped my shadow (dior) stay. very pleased so far, but i WILL return to update my review
UPDATE: threw it out 3/4 of the way through. not impressed

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2009 1:29:00 PM More reviews by chicstylequeen

I got this primer with the master class volume 3 kit, so the cost factor was almost nil for this primer, and that's the only thing going for this product.

Cons:

My skin is mostly dry and I must use moisturizer. Even after letting my moisturizer soak in for a 1/2 hour before applying this primer, this primer "rolls" and "pills". I use the orginal photo finish, the one with demaxyl, and BE prime time, and have never had this problem with any of those primers.

This dual chamber design in a squeeze tube sucks, sometimes you get more primer, sometimes you get more luminizer, the mix is not consistant no matter from where you squeeze the tube.

SB should just create this combo already mixed and put into a pump dispenser like their other primers.

I would not purchase this primer on it's own.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2008 10:54:00 PM More reviews by marcyb1112

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this product! It's expensive, but it is EXACTLY what I was looking for in this category of product. I tend to have drier skin, especially in the winter months, but this product COMPLETELY counteracts the dryness that shows up so terribly under concealer and foundation. It makes my skin feel like silk, and I love the way it looks in the light. I will be adding this to my everyday routine. I would recommend this to anyone that may work in the elements also. Living in Alaska, I am very prone to dryness due to the climate. I just love this product, and have already purchased it for some friends. 5 STARS!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2008 8:22:00 PM More reviews by chaimaretto

Honestly, I think this product is just okay, but after reading some of the other reviews I am going to try it a little differently and maybe edit my review later. But for now... I got it in the Master Class set of Smashbox products so I can't complain about what I paid for it, but it is on the expensive side. I have only tried it with the foundation that came in the Smashbox set (HATED the foundation, by the way) and I was really not pleased with the way they worked together. However... one of the biggest pro's for me with this product is just how silky it felt on my skin -- I expected it to feel a little bit greasy or sticky like a lot of primers do, but this felt great! I also don't remember noticing any "luminizing" quality on my skin after applying. To apply it, I just put it on my fingers and then blended on my face. I am going to go back and try blending it FIRST and then applying to my face and see if my results are any different but I must say... that sounds like a big of a con to me also because it's an extra step and since I am a high school teacher and about to have a baby, I am all about eliminating extra steps.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2008 11:20:00 AM More reviews by beauty9584

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am new to the whole smashbox product line, I needed a really good primer and heard great reviews about smashbox. So one day I go to Sephora and they have the full size on sale in a package full off other smashbox items! I decided to go for it since I would be getting 6 full sized items for pennies!
I got it home, and played around with it, and the texture is better than silk, when applied to the face it refreshing and makes your skin feel fantastic. I have acne prone skin and just love the way it evens everything out, with drying my skin like other primers have in the past. The smell of the product isn't to bad either. I love the way you mix the two products that are housed in the one awesome package and it gives you a healthy glow under your makeup!

Also for the price, you get a good 4-6 months of daily use with this product! I love it! Its the only primer I turn to now!!!