November 26, 2014 | 1809 users online

BB Cream - MISSHA - M Perfect Cover BB Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by snowprinc3ss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This BB creme is too white for my complexion. It makes me look grey and ghost like. The coverage was light and it doesnt stay on for the whole day either. I dont even know if the sunscreen works or not. The only things I like about it are its pumping tube and that it is natural looking.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2014 11:24:00 AM More reviews by apgoh2

This was given as a gift hence i didnt get to pick the shade. Shade number 23 is a tad dark for me... But i guess it gives a warmer tone to my otherwise pale complexion. This BB cream comes with medium coverage and somewhat gives a flawless complexion. Texture wise this is rich (but not oily)... It has the texture of a moisturiser, without the powdery feel to it. Blendability is easy and also has your SPF covered (spf 42 +++). I have no complaints on this bb cream-if i would repurchase it'd be shade 21 which i believe would have been a closer fit for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2014 7:21:00 PM More reviews by Evilbee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Great texture, coverage and staying power. It really evens out my redness, but doesn't completely fade out my freckles so it looks very natural. 21 is the perfect colour for my fair skin. I will repurchase again and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2014 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love it - this is one of my most favourite BB creams as it's so easy and foolproof to use, the consistency of this formula is very light for a BB cream, I find 2 pumps is more than adequate to build up to a light to medium coverage, evens out skin tone beautifully but you still have the look of healthy skin which is nice and natural.

If you are NC 15 or lighter this is the BB cream you need in your life, I have found the perfect match in No.13 for my NC 15 yellow under toned skin, I suspect I am more fair than this in the winter so this is my perfect winter BB, when my skin is slightly tanned in summer past NC 15 this is too light but wearable with some bronzer.

My favourite way to apply this is with a spritzed, slightly dampened flat top kabuki, this is a very easy formula to buff in. I get a good days wear out of this easily and as I have normal - combination skin still need a little powder for my nose and forehead. I have been using Hourglass Ethereal and Nars Light Reflecting pressed powder with this and very happy with the results. Will certainly be buying this one again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2014 5:18:00 AM More reviews by Steelermummeh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

(Had to edit!)

I've had this for a couple of months now and I did have some issues at first; even with moisturizer and primer, it still dried very cakey. Now that I've perfected my skincare routine for this product, #23 is just great for me. I know others have had issues with dryness and/or cakeyness and/or "grey" toned skin, so I figured I'd give a couple of hints.

(As a reference point, I'm NW20 and NC25 in MAC)

First things first.

Korean BB creams are NOT the same as American BB creams! No, no they are not! If a Korean BB cream represents the favourite child, its American counterpart is the red-headed step-child.

Korean = champagne
US = Mr Pibb.

And that's perfectly okay - sometimes you want a glass of luxury, sometimes you want a mouth full of sugar saturated soft drink. Both have their places.

Moving on then.

I bought #23 and it arrived very quickly. The packaging is ... well, to me it looks like one of my late Mum's expensive face creams so I tend to associate the burgundy/gold with spendy. It also has a pump dispenser which does promote lack'o'bacteria at least to some extent.

Out of all the various potions and lotions sitting around, I couldn't make up my mind so I eventually reached into pile and randomly pulled one out (ELF's BB cream) to act as a control. Each was put to the test

Fragrance: If ELF's smell is the cutest most adorable little chubby-cheeked newborn, then MISSHA would smell like the wrong end of the baby. Weird.

Consistency: MISSHA is markedly thicker than ELF. If anyone can remember Avon's foundations from say...1990...MISSHA would have just about the same consistency.

Coverage: MISSHA won this hands down. ELF is great for "oh crap I need a gallon of mik, what's the quickest way to make myself look less frightening to other shoppers" crises. MISSHA on the other hand ran off ahead of ELF, did its shopping and carried the bags home before ELF had even got out of bed.

Blendability: MISSHA does take longer to blend down, so ELF won this round

Longevity: Again MISSHA ran circles around ELF.

Hints:

If you're oily: don't prep your skin too much. This formula moisturizes on its own.
If you're dry: moisturize!
If you're normal or combination: common sense tells us to moisturize the dry bits alone.

Pump some out, and apply it to your skin. I use my fingers for application and a bit of blending (I'm such a rebel), and a concealer brush to just to make sure I'm not streaky.

If the shade looks grey, give it 10 minutes or so. It will adapt. Don't add more - please don't add more. If you're still not happy with it, wash it off and try again the next day.

The truth is that this cream is just not going to work for some people unless they use a bunch of other products and that sort of defeats the object. If this includes you, call it a lesson learned - at least you know that you won't use it, right?

After you're good with the final-ish shade, set it with translucent powder (or not at all - it's up to you). If you're oily you should get a good 5-6 hours, if you're dry or combo, you'll get a lot longer if you've primed first.

An important point for sensitive folk: this is one of the more perfumed products I've used, so bear that in mind.

Ultimately this is an excellent product for some people (I'm one), but it's not going to be a "everyone can wear it" product. I'm going to keep buying and buying though - it has become one of my Holy Grails.

* I asked my husband to help me. I told him it was all sciency and stuff, and that's why he's currently walking around with foundations and BB creams covering his arms.

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2014 12:29:00 AM More reviews by kaysae

I can't believe I haven't done a review for this product yet, it's amazing! Well, maybe not that amazing, but it works pretty damn well. For reference I am a NC15-20 and I have both original shades 21 and 23. No. 21 is a good match for people with slightly fair-light skin color (Mac 15-lighter 20's/Revlon Colorstay 150 Buff), No. 23 is probably better suited towards darker NC 20's-25. However No. 21 is I would say leans slightly more pink toned whereas 23 is more yellow in comparison. Both also have a slight grey cast, but it does oxidize a bit to fade away. I have combination skin, dry (sometimes flaky) cheeks/forehead with an oily nose, and overall staying power is pretty decent (~5-6 hrs/I don't powder) and it actually fades away pretty naturally, if that makes any sense. The formula is a bit thick but creamy, with a medium coverage that dries to a satin, with a tiny bit of a tacky/sticky finish. I use my fingers to apply but occasionally I'll use my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush; both methods work nicely, I feel like I get more coverage when using my fingers though. The price varies depending where you get it from, I always buy the 50ml version (there is a smaller 20ml) for about ~$13-14 online. My favorite part about it is the amazing sun protection of SPF 42 it gives, which in downside does cast white in flash photography (I looked shining bright white). Also, there is a light powdery fragrance to it, I like it but some people might not. I love this stuff, have repurchased and will continue to do so.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by Ginal514

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have gone through 3 tubes of Missha Perfect Cover BB in the past 3 years (this stuff has longevity). 2 in shade 31 a pretty dark pink toned shade and now currently switched to 27 a lighter more yellow based shade. I cannot say enough good things about this multitasking product. For starters it's more of a true "foundation" than BB cream, due in part to it's superb coverage. Coverage is medium to a buildable full coverage. But, because it is a BB cream after all it does have a creamy texture. It has extremely high SPF for a foundation of this coverage which makes it a great beach day face for me. If you are oily this product mixes well with the natural oils in your face versus just breaking down and deteriorating. It looks better as the day goes on. I can attest to the anti-aging properties. When i strictly wore this every day for 6 months my skin was glowing.

I now mix the shade 27 with some cover girl outlast in a much darker shade, due to the fact that i am too tan. These two products together are my HG foundation at the moment.

If you're contemplating buying the product give it a try.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2014 8:22:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

I have had tons of samples of this just laying around for months without ever trying it (I order my HG sunscreen from the website and I get a lot of free samples).

I needed a foundation that was sheer to medium coverage yet looked natural so thought I would try it. The color 21 is the most perfect match for my skin that I have ever found...not too dark, not too chalky, neutral undertones. I can spot-apply this and not worry about there being an obvious line. The finish is satiny but not overly dewy. I have tried other bb creams from Missha and been really unimpressed but this one is almost perfect.

I love the range of colors, such subtle differences between them so I will have no trouble going to a paler shade in winter if necessary. The shade range isn't great for darker skin though so that will be problematic for some.

The SPF and PA+++ rating means that I can wear this in florida without worrying about skin damage (I wear it over Missha's Time Revolution SPF50 sunscreen).

The only issue I have is that it just doesn't last on my skin. I have an oily nose and chin, and dry cheeks and eye area and even if I am inside in air conditioning all day, this is almost gone by the end of the day. I don't think I would buy this again, even though it's a great product I need something that lasts. I do recommend this if you have very dry skin though, this may have more staying power on skin which is less oily than mine.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by MilenaBR

Feels nice on the skin and I love the SPF (42) for daily use, but I don't like that it doesn't last on me too well, even after setting it with powder. I get around 4-5 hours out of it.

Shade #23 is a tad too light for my NC25-ish skin, but totally workable.
The coverage is medium, it evens out my skin nicely and I come back with concealer for the under eye and spots.

The texture is thick, very creamy, very blendable, very smooth. I find it applies best with my fingers, but that's just my personal preference, you could use a brush if you want. The finish is slightly dewy, very natural.

I can't speak for oil control, because my skin is slightly dry at this time of year, one more reason to be disappointed at the poor wear time for me.

It has a very subtle floralish scent mixed with sunscreen. It doesn't bother me at all, I can hardly notice it.

The package is lovely and very practicle.

Overall, I really like it. Wish it was more long lasting on my skin and a little bit more yellow toned. Very nice product for daily use!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/10/2014 4:52:00 PM More reviews by baika

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought it because of its colour (#13) which matches my pale skin perfectly.

My skin is VERY VERY oily, so it was a big mistake to buy it. I get a little bit oily before I even finish to apply it. My face is all shiny just an hour later. This thing makes my face sticky, it's disgusting to touch it. Also, it completely slides off my face after 2-3 hours. This BB cream leaves its colour on everything you touch: your clothes, your hands, your phone.

Coverage is great for a BB cream. It applies smoothly (I apply it with my fingers). Didn't clog my pores. It has relatively low price and really bright colour, which is difficult to find for me.

Despite that, I will never buy it again. And don't recommend to do this for those who have oily/very oily skin.