Ecotools Bamboo Angled Eyeliner Brush

Bamboo

on 11/3/2013 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This brush is fantastic! I use it to smoke out liner and apply eyeshadow underneath my eye. It's very small for precision application. I've had it for a while, and so far it hasn't shed a single bristle. Compared to other brushes, it's very cheap. I got mine for around $6 at the drugstore.

The bristles on this brush are soft, but very condensed. For that reason the brush is a bit rough and could irritate the eyes. I have no problem with it, but those with sensitive eyes/skin should be wary.

All in all, I love this brush! Definitely a must-have.

on 10/11/2013 7:49:00 AM

don't like it at all. it's too harsh for bottom lash line. i never use it.

on 9/2/2013 4:54:00 PM

Love this brush! It is easy to clean, applies well without pulling or tugging and lasts forever. Good value.

on 9/1/2013 2:43:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I've owned 2 of these and overall they're alright. My first one was great, didn't shed, worked alright for my brows, but I ended up losing it. Bought the second one but it shed like an old dog, still works but I had to pill the loose hairs out. So the quality of this brush really varies.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I think this brush came with the blush brush. I feel like this brush is too thin to feel my eyebrows in with. (I prefer something a bit thicker, like the mac 266). I use this angled brush to line my lash line with eyeshadow when I want a softer look or to set my gel liner with an eyeshadow. I don't find myself reaching for this brush a lot so I wouldn't repurchase!

on 6/9/2013 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This brush was one of the first brushes I ever bought about 3 years ago. I was just starting to get into makeup and wanted something to apply gel liner. Upon trying it, I found it too thick for that purpose. I prefer an angled brush to be slightly thinner so I can draw my liner on really precisely.

However, I quickly found it to be very handy for applying eyeshadow to my lower lash line. I use it every time I need to do that! It's also great for when I use pencil liner and want to either smudge it out or extend it into a wing.

As expected, the brush itself has held up extremely well. After several washes it's still in good shape. It's made from synthetic taklon bristles like all Ecotools brushes, so if you're interested in something that's cruelty-free, this is your best bet : ). The bristles are also soft so they don't poke at or irritate my eyes.

I recently purchased another one for a different purpose, I use it as a lip brush! For some darker shades of lipstick, I find it so tricky to apply it on nicely straight from the tube. This brush helps to line my lips perfectly and also to fill in. I like working in lipstick using this brush for a stain and long lasting colour.

Highly recommended! Also, it can be purchased for $7.99 AUD.

on 5/19/2013 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I love what the brand EcoTools stand for so that's what attracted me to their brushes instead of Manicare etc. at Priceline. This is a fairly small angled brush and having had this brush for a few years now, it has never shed and it works well at applying brow powder & doing gel-liner. Highly recommend!

on 5/10/2013 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love this brush!
The GOOD: Super cheap, does exactly what you'd expect. Lasts well, perfect firm/soft ratio. In summary is everything you'd want from an angled liner brush. I use this to do gel eyeliner, it's the best thing I've ever used for getting perfect cats eye flicks.

The BAD: I don't really mind the length of the handle, but it could be a little shorter, for close up work.

I got this on it's own for less than $10 (AU), based on reviews here and am very pleased.

on 4/15/2013 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this product! I use it as my brow liner. It has the right density... not too thick, not too thin. I also love the fact that it's so cheap and there is no hair fall outs at all :)

The fact that it's all plant-based, meaning no animal hair, is just a bonus! Love it!

on 4/14/2013 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Best eyeliner brush for my Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner. It makes the application very easy and precise at the same time. Since I started using it together with Caviar ink shade of BB gel eyeliner, i am constantly complimented on my eye makeup. I think i found my HG eyelining duo :-)

Popular Makeup Brushes