July 24, 2014 | 1166 users online

Liquid - MAC - Mineralize Satinfinish SPF 15 Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2012 7:29:00 AM More reviews by SamanthaDeetlefs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have a dry skin which means this product is great as it does not flake or get 'stuck' in dry areas. I love the texture of the foundation, it glides onto skin (although I do use a primer everyday) and gives a wonderful lumionous look that is very subtle. Would highly recommend for anyone looking for light-medium coverage with a drier skin tone. My only gripe is that it does not last a full day of coverage, even when using the prep+prime finishing powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 6:54:00 PM More reviews by pearlbutton

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Lovely foundation -goes on like a dream: not too runny nor too thick. I blend with my fingers to get a soft dewy look. It's got lovely light-reflecting qualities (although I end up with slightly sparkly hands, it isn't at all as obvious on my face!) which, for me, means I use it much more as an evening foundation -when it is super flattering.

Good coverage, evens out my skintone pretty well (very easily buildable depending on the amount of cover you want) -and hides uneven skintone and diminishes scarring/dark areas from eczema/spots. The finish isn't too matt or too greasy on my oily t-zone and sits really well on my dry areas without caking or flaking.
    Super comfortable on my sensitive skin -I don't wear it all the time but it has never made me break out in either spots or eczema. My skin looks lovely & luminous when I'm wearing it, plus it feels gorgeous on; quite light & comfortable. Very gentle scent, not overpowering at all. Really feels like a lovely luxury to put on.

It lasts pretty well, better than many foundations I have tried. You don't need loads to get good coverage. I do re-apply to keep the coverage & freshness after a long day or if I get very warm, but on the while I am really happy with the staying power. I apply a little light pressed powder on the top which helps.

As for the packaging, it's very attractive -all matt glass & a black top. The pump dispenses a perfect amount each time. It has a handy twist bit where you click it to one side so it won't push down, which has never failed & accidentally pumped expensive foundation onto the contents on my make-up bag. This also means there is no fiddly lid, which I like. Considering how I'm always chucking said bag around, I'm impressed with how robust it is.

I'd buy this again -it'd be a big treat for me at £22.50 but I do find mac stuff lasts well, so combined with the quality of the product, it's a good buy.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2012 7:56:00 AM More reviews by janjarang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Unfortunately, this foundation doesn't help covering anything. It doesn't help with moisturization either and I can't see the 'Satin Finish' touch that they claim. The color does not blend in that easily. Overall, I will not buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2012 1:17:00 AM More reviews by AnastasiaAK

Excellent foundation if you have dry skin and want medium coverage. Initially when I received a sample of this foundation I applied it over prep+prime moisture infusion, which was terrible because the foundation started flaking while i was applying it. However next time I used the prep+prime face protect and the foundation went on really nice. It gives a really natural finish, doesn't make my t-zone very oily and last all day.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by plasticbambi

I have dry skin so I thought satin would be a good route to take because well nothing else works.
    This is so sticky (even worse than revlon colorstay)
    It feels like runny gunk on your face. It covers fine. The shade I was recommended really was too light for my skin but, anyway I won't buy again simply because of the texture

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2012 7:16:00 AM More reviews by Caraababy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great product! I see alot of bad reviews about it simply cause the wrong people are using it. If it is a "Satinfinish" why would anyone with oily, acne-prone skin wear it? I have normal skin and my nose gets oily sometimes and i LOVE this foundation. Its geared more toward people with little to know ance or scaring.It is perfect on days you want to just look natural with a glow. I give it a 4-5 because it did have my nose look like a slick but that happens with every foundation i try. Just a little powder helps. I wouldnt know how amazing the coverage is because i dont really have acne or marks. The staying power on this foundation is great!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2012 12:48:00 AM More reviews by loveandlilac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I hate to be writing a bad review for a MAC product-but this is truly horrendous. This is the only product of theirs that I really cannot stand or find another use for. I usually use the Studio Fix fluid, and thought I would try something else because I'm so fair and the SF was pulling yellow on me. I brought it home, primed, and applied how I usually do. Boy was I shocked, and not in a good way. I don't even know what kind of "coverage" this is supposed to offer. This just looked like I applied shiny, oily lotion all over my face, with my redness showing through. I had to load on powder after to even get this to look just okay. I returned it the next day because I couldn't even come up with a creative way to mix this or anything. Sad. Sorry MAC :(

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2012 3:04:00 PM More reviews by MyCuppaTea

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was the first MAC foundation I ever tried. I told the MAC SA that I needed something with medium coverage for my dry, NW 20 skin, and this is the one she chose for me. I took it home and tried it out for about a week and ended up returning it. It did feel dewy, but was too sparkly for my taste. The coverage was much lighter than I had hoped for, and though it claims to be buildable, putting more on did nothing for me but make me shinier. This would probably be perfect for summertime use for dry-skin types with no skin imperfections. But it's just not for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2012 5:01:00 AM More reviews by Darah168

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Packaging
    This comes in a bottle with a nozzle pump. I like it coz its safe for traveling.

Consistency:
    I find the product thick and almost runny.

Finish:
    It says satinfinish and has a tiny specks of shimmer that makes your skin "glow". It comes off dewy but after an hr my face was oily on the T-zones. I tried it setting with MAC Mineralized skin finish (natural) in medium and with out setting powder I still have the same result -- greasy looking skin.

Coverage:
    Medium coverage, covered my blemishes and red spots.

Staying power:
    This doesnt last very long, first hr my t-zones are really oily, 2nd hr It looked like its melting. The product also transfers easily.

I found a way to use this effectively, i mix 1pump of satinfinish and 3 drops of mac face and body. It works well and gives me a medium to full coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2012 2:28:00 PM More reviews by DannyMAC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hey everyone! Dan here. I had reviewd the Studio Sculpt foundation last year, because I used it on myself for events or on the job. However, I most recently converted to this gem. With Studio Sculpt, you could always tell I had "makeup" on, but with this, the compliments I get are more like "What great looking skin you have." Which is what I think most people would rather hear. I'm a guy, so I like to look like I'm not wearing makeup, but have nice skin. This works for me and you can build coverage if needed. I like the pump too. Bacteria stays OUT! I use my MAC 130 to apply. A little bird told me this is being discontinued, which I don't know it's true, but I really like this product.