August 20, 2014 | 1450 users online

Polishes - NARS - Orgasm

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2011 2:40:00 AM More reviews by RachaelSpiffy

Two to three coats to get this coral polish opaque. I love the jelly texture and when I wore it, it did not chip at all. Surprisingly this is my least favorite color out of all the Nars polishes I have. I do like it and it's a great polish I just don't grab for it as much as I thought.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2011 8:27:00 AM More reviews by kazina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this nailpolish! It is the most gorgeous summery colour. It is a pearly pinky-peach, definitely more peach than pink. It's a bit sheer, so you do need two coats for it to look best, but I love the sheerness, it makes my nails look so delicately corally, rather than full on orange. Staying power is pretty good. Every time I look at my nails with this colour on, I just want to put on gold eyeshadow, coral blush and lipstick and run to the beach.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2011 4:30:00 PM More reviews by xleahcarx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a sheer coral polish. It is really pretty with a jelly texture. It did not chip when I wore it. What a great summer polish. If you want it to go opaque you will need to apply 3 coats.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2011 4:16:00 AM More reviews by mairynB

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this polish via eBay after hearing on nail polish blogs how great this colour is. I expected a lot, and I was disappointed. It was more orange than a pretty peachy-pink, and too sheer for my liking. Also, the polish itself was pretty thick and the few times I've tried this, it's never dried properly and always ended up smudging. Perhaps the issue with the formula was due to me getting a crappy bottle though, as no one else seems to have had this issue.
The colour would probably look nicer on darker skin tones - if you're very fair and not so fond of orange, avoid this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2011 5:10:00 PM More reviews by pensopera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

NARS Orgasm nail polish ( 0.50 oz for $17 usd) is a shimmering coral pink polish. The application is smooth but you will need 3 layers to get the same color in the bottle because it applies quite sheer within the first application. The product comes in a cute square type of glass bottle with the NARS signature rubber black cap on top. This is a pretty pinkie coral color for an everyday work or school environment. Orgasm nail polish shines beautifully under the sun, it provides a multi gold sheen to the pinkie coral color. The wear is average for me just as in Essie and China Glaze polishes but they are about $10 usd lesser. NARS Orgasm is a pretty multi shimmering coral pink nail polish if you want an everyday coral color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2011 8:37:00 AM More reviews by Chester99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Despite all the negative reviews, I found that this works pretty good for me. I got a mini bottle and although the square cap is something I had to get used to it was nothing I hate.

I think that the NARS Orgasm polish is much like the NARS Orgasm blush. Both look chock-full pigmented in the bottle / pan but apply rather as a wash. I didn't expect full-on coverage at the first coat from this polish. And I like that I can built it to the intensity I'm in the mood for. One coat if I'm in a hurry or more coats (I usually do 3 which don't take that terriblely long, really) if I have some spare time.

Apart from that I also found that it doesn't chip on me (but nail polishes rarely do that on me, no matter what brand). I only get the regular amount of tip wear. It applies smoothly and yes, sheer but as I said I like to built polishes.

Overall I'm really glad I got this polish. It is lovely, office- and wedding-friendly, wears well and I really can't find anything negative about it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2011 6:53:00 PM More reviews by careypiper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a pretty shimmering peach n/p but applying it requires far too many coats to get that rich color to look even with the sheerness of this polish. I did not find it worth the time or the money. Plus it's a little to girly for my taste, nice for wedding but that's it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 8:04:00 AM More reviews by maan84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This color looks amazing in the bottle but once applied it's not as beautiful. It's actually an unflattering yellow pink color, a bit more "orange-y" than peach once applied. I don't like the color against my pale skin. It's also very sheer, I had to apply two coats to get decent coverage. I didn't like the end result (not my kind of color) so I decided to put IsaDora graffiti nail top in "All City Brown" on top of it. Now I can wear it for a week before I change polish. I wouldn't repurchase. Packaging is nice although the brush could be better. I'm not a big fan of the brush. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2011 11:42:00 AM More reviews by AngelaW

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Horrid horrid horrid polish. The color is a tacky-looking gold and the consistency felt glittery. Took it off as soon as I put it on. Just vile. I love NARS, I love the Orgasm blush and the cream cheek color, but this was just horrible.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2010 12:49:00 AM More reviews by missamber07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this in a swap and I just tried it.. it's actually still wet as i'm typing.. but anyways..

i had to apply 4 - 5 coats on my nails to get it to where you couldn't see through to my nails. and the bottle is tiny! so expensive for barely anything! i'm glad i swapped for it instead of buying it!

i do like the color after i get it on enough. it goes well enough with my skin tone, i think..

..but i don't think i would ever repurchase.. it's not "special" or anything..