Bobbi Brown Shimmer Wash Eye Shadow in Heather Mauve

4.3

on 2/26/2010 8:26:00 AM

I have this as part of the Basics palette. I've no idea why they've called it Heather Mauve, because it's neither heather, nor mauve - no purple in it whatsoever. It's taupe (mixture of grey and brown). For me it has too little pigment and too much (or too large) shimmer. It's not terrible but not that great either. I prefer to put it on wet for a bit more impact. I was hoping for a shade with a subtle hint of purple to enhance my green eyes, and this is not it. I'm sure I will use it as part of the palette, but also glad I did not pay to get this individually. Would not buy again.

on 1/2/2010 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love it. It is greyish taupe. It is in cool side with more grey than brown. The shimmer is beautiful. Good quality, Very smooth. Love it.

on 10/25/2009 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

No, this shadow is not anywhere near the realm of mauve. There is a slight hint of purple to it, but not much. Misleading name aside, this shadow is gorgeous. It's the perfect grey. Many shadows called grey are really silver, but this one is not silver at all. The color is almost impossible to describe. I apply the shadow with a damp brush and it goes on the lid very nicely, no fall out. The pigmentation on this shadow isn't really sheer, as the name shimmer wash would lead you to believe. I think that the pigmentation is more on par with Bobbi Brown's metallic shadows. The name may be all wrong, but the shadow is all kinds of right!

on 6/12/2009 12:51:00 PM

I'd have to agree with the prev. reviewer. This shadow is not heather or mauve in any way but that was OK by me. It's perfect for blending and goes on very easy. It's my crease color for every day. I have light brown eyes and fair skin. This will be a standard in my make up bag. I love the new packaging in that I can any BB eyeshadow (or other product) in a palette.

on 6/11/2009 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

One word...GORGEOUS! I'm not sure where Bobbi came up with this name though, because I don't see any heather or mauve in this shadow. I'd descibe the color as a silver-taupe-brown. This isn't sparkly, but it's more of a beautiful pearlized sheen. The texture is very creamy & buttery & applies like a dream. I absolutely adore this. The new packaging is also excellent, & the size is generous & will last a long time (THANK YOU BOBBI!)

on 5/14/2009 8:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I got 2 GWP of these, in the color Heather Mauve, a silvery taupe. I wear it damp (with my damp MAC angle 266) along my upper lash lines with black mascara and it is gorgeous! Makes my blue green eyes pop. Would purchase a full size if and when I run out. Beautiful color.

on 5/13/2009 1:40:00 PM

Heather Mauve is described on the Bobbi Brown website as "silver grey brown." That's a very good description. I wonder why the word "mauve" is in the name. This stuff is gorgeous. Subtle yet shimmery. Simply beautiful. Bobbi is the best.

on 3/5/2009 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

WOW~ this just may be my new "love" among eyeshadows! If you have hazel or greenish eyes, I think you will really like Heather Mauve Shimmerwash! As soon as I patted this on my lids, my eyes just glowed! I found this to be a very flattering color on me, even by itself with black liner. At first I thought this was more of a crease color, but I read on BB's website that this is good for a brow highlight, which raised a question in my mind: If it's that 'light,' why not use it as a lid color? Well, I'm glad I did, because it looks nice as a wash, or with a darker color (ie. BB After Hours) in the crease and some black liner. I don't need a back-up, becuz BB certainly has some generously-sized eyeshadow pans! (Then again, you are paying for what you get...)
Anyway, I love Heather Mauve SW! I would definitely buy it again if I ever use it up, and I would definitely recommend it. BTW, the color is a silvery, light greyish-brown.

on 4/27/2008 9:15:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Heather Mauve is one of the new shimmerwash eye shadows in Bobbi Brown's repackaged line of eye shadows and blushes, released in April 2008. Bobbi Brown's web site describes the color as "silver grey brown," which, though simple, is apt. The grey and silver are more prominent at first glance, though there is enough brown to warm the overall appearance. I would categorize this as a neutral color suitable for many different complexions. It may well be one of the more versatile eye shadows in Bobbi Brown's lineup. The shadow is richly pigmented and slightly more shimmery than I've come to expect from Bobbi Brown, but that is not a complaint. The wear is excellent; without primer this stayed on my lids without creasing for 12 hours. Drawbacks include the texture, which is a little more crumbly than some of Bobbi's other shadows, and the price, particularly for a shade that, while lovely, is not especially unique.

on 4/29/2004 12:12:00 AM

The packaging is really nice and sleek although there is actually very little product for the price you're paying. I like the colour, it is a sheer mauve colour that's definitely buildable. The staying power is also decent and it leaves my lips feeling moisturized