December 19, 2014 | 896 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - Powder Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 7:58:00 AM More reviews by Lynnnguyen

This is better than Clinique. On some brushes, you can feel how synthetic the bristles are but this brush the end of the hairs are soft. I use this with the ELF HD Powder (loose) and it blends perfectly. It feels so soft on your skin! The only downside is that its so big it takes longer for it to dry after you wash it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 12:47:00 AM More reviews by sarah_417

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This brush is worth about what it cost (very little) The real techniques brushes are a better option at this price range. I know a lot of people like it for applying blush, but it is way to big for that for me. It eats product like crazy and does not apply evenly. The only use I found if for it was buffing out blush.
Once you wash this brush it is pretty much garbage. (I spot clean with MAC makeup brush cleaner) An actual clean with baby shampoo ruined this brush.

What I wish I had known prior to purchase:
What really irritates me is the Eco-friendly claims. First off, that giant plastic package they come in, really? Bamboo is not a green material. Here's a quick over view of why:

Bamboo is only renewable if it's properly maintained, and the fertilizers, pesticides and clear-cutting that has become more common to keep up with the demand for bamboo has made it less than an eco champion. There's also the cost of transportation, as well as the cheaper bamboo that has popped up on the market, which is not only less durable but also use formaldehyde emitting finishes.

The manufacturer claims it is green because it grows so quickly compared to wood. Most bamboo is manufactured in some of the worlds most pollution filled countries, with minimal laws on the chemicals that can be used and dumped. Properly maintained and harvested forests are much better for the environment.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 5:40:00 PM More reviews by chriseileen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this brush! Its soft and fluffy. I've washed and spot cleaned it numerous times and no hairs have fallen out. I reshape it with a brush guard when washed. No chemical smell or dye like how elf brushes sometimes have. It picks up powder product really well. Its affordable especially when you shop around (amazon!). It feels nice on my face not scratchy or prickly. I would purchase another if I ever lost it and would recommend to others.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2013 8:47:00 AM More reviews by Kentauride

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

As drugstore brushes go, this brand is probably your best choice, but I personally do not like mine. The bristles are not soft enough, especially after washing they feel like a really cheap stuffed animal. Difficult to wash and impossible to reshape after washing. On the other hand, it holds onto its bristles well and dries quickly. I don't use mine at all any more, I stashed it in a drawer.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by aquaprincess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like how it is Eco friendly and that it works great. The bristles are so soft and don't shed. It picks up a lot of product and applies it evenly :) but it is soo hard to wash the product out. It looks like the product is washes out but it really isn't most of the time.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 7:53:00 PM More reviews by SiteNo8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this brush. So soft and fluffy and it gives me a fine dusting of translucent powder without going all cakey on me. It's cheap, well made, looks good, and works well. It also fits into my Real Techniques brush case. What's not to love?

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 3:09:00 AM More reviews by paralleluniverse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Pros:
- Effective at evenly distributing loose powder
- Soft dense bristles (feels wonderful dusting powder on my face)
- Good quality; I've had this brush since January 2012 and the brush has never ever shed on me despite numerous washes!
- Made of environmentally-friendly recycled bamboo

Cons:
- Overpriced in Priceline (Australia). Go on iHerb.com to buy it for cheaper!
- I wish the bamboo handle was shorter so that I could put it in my make up bag when traveling.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my favorite powder brush. I have owned two or three and this one is by far my favorite.

Year round I prefer a bit of "glow" to my foundation and often powder brushes are very large and too dense and apply WAY to much face powder so I end up loosing my glow! Which makes me a little frustrated.

Then this little brush caught my eye in a video of ARode186's on Youtube (she's great btw!) so I stopped by my closest drugstore to find it!

It is very soft and not scratchy at all and the bristles are quite floppy but that's what I want! It does not overdo it on powder products and I like that quite a bit! I use it mostly for powder and bronzer when I want just a light dusting.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Eeeeelicia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've had this brush for well over a year now and there has been absolutely no shedding whatsoever. It is in perfect shape, just like how it was from day one. This brush is dense, yet somehow soft at the same time. I use it to apply my Kryolan Anti-Shine powder, and it's just perfect. I love this brush and I would totally buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by dianelarsenemail

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great blush for applying and setting foundation powder. Full brushes with great bristles that does not scratch or fall out. Not too expensive, affordable and easy to use!