April 19, 2014 | 1052 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - Clean Pressed Powder Fragrance Free

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2010 12:58:00 AM More reviews by megan1309

I use this product daily.. I don't use the little poof applicator it comes with.. I use just a regular powder brush and lightly put it on my skin to set my foundation. However I don't use it alone.. when I tried it it stuck to alllll the little hairs on my face and looked cakey. So I always pair it with a foundation and it work great!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2010 10:36:00 PM More reviews by worstnightmare

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

It's ok. A little cakey and it doesn't cover everything.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2010 10:00:00 AM More reviews by carville5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried to use the old CG Clean formula but never had luck with it - typically I'd end up with small breakouts along my chin. I found a few good deals on the new formula in the last two months and picked up several packages to try.

First, the coverage is pretty light which is exactly what I'm looking for. It goes on easily, as long as you apply primer or moisturizer first.

This, along with a few dabs of the CG Clean FF liquid is all I need foundation-wise. My complexion appears smooth, I don't get breakouts, and it doesn't feel as though I'm wearing a pound of make-up.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2010 1:42:00 AM More reviews by h20liliz

This broke me out like crazy! As soon as I stopped using it, my skin cleared up. I will definately NOT re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2010 3:49:00 PM More reviews by lareinarumbera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

surprisingly good for a drugstore powder! color match for me is pretty good (classic ivory, i usually wear MAC NC15-20, bobbi brown cool beige). i'm reviewing the new formula, not the old one, so i don't know how it compares - but this one is pretty good. i agree that it's a bit like MAC blot, only cheaper. i keep this one on my office desk for quick touch ups during the day. it applies very nicely with a powder brush, but throw out the puff it comes with, it's garbage and goes on all uneven and thick that way.

didn't oxidize, or feel heavy in any way, but lacked pigment - i only use it to blot shine, so this is fine with me, but it is a setting powder, rather than a powder foundation, so this may not be for you if you're looking for a powder foundation. one lippy off since the color range kind of sucks and would only suit those who are fair-fair/medium. even the darkest shade isn't what i would call tanned... what's up with that?

overall, at CDN$9 a pop, not bad - mops up oil and doesn't irritate my sensitive-combo skin, or cause clogs/breakouts. no weird fragrance. buy a $10 ecotools powder brush to apply it with, because the puff is terrible!

kudos on covergirl for the new packaging - it's less cheap looking... it's not as nice as a chanel or a nars compact, but this would look less horrible when you're touching up in public. would buy again to stash at the office. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2010 10:14:00 PM More reviews by peoplerpeople

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Buff Beige does not equal Translucent Medium in Fresh Complexion or Fresh Look pressed powders. After 10+ years, Cover Girl has kicked me to the curb. Have it your way, Cover Girl. Peace.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2010 11:03:00 AM More reviews by melodypristine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The rating above is for the OLD CG Frag. Free Powder, not the new crap. Which, btw Cover Girl, WTF??? You changed the formula of this product to be the new "Clean Sensitive Skin" and the crappy new formula breaks me out. I don't know why the other one did not break me out since it did have mineral oil in it, but this one? SUCKS. HORRIBLY. Cover Girl, why did you mess with a good thing? Also, the new packaging is really cute and all but do you think you made it hard enough to open??? Jeeeeez. Not to mention, it oxidizes horribly on my face and I just look dirty by the end of the day. Now, after having used CG Fragrance Free for years without incident, I have to go on the horrible hunt for a new cheap powder that doesn't irritate my skin and which I can actually get into without the jaws of life. "Sensitive"?? HA! That's a joke. Epic fail, CG, epic fail.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2010 4:54:00 PM More reviews by bisco

First off, let me share my history with the CG pressed powder. I first used it when I was eleven or twelve (2000-2001) and I used it all throughout middle school and high school. I'm unsure of when I stopped buying it, but I'd like to say it completely left my bag after 2008. I didn't always use it continuously (I dabbled in revlon, and I tend to have shade trouble with them. Porcelain, is like non existent. Almay, always provided me a creamy vanilla foundation. But, whatever.)

Regardless, being cheap I bought E.L.F powders. Ironically, the 1 dollar elf powders are better than the studio E.L.F pressed powder. As of late, I started to notice a yellow tint. My skin has no yellow in it at all, and I tried as much as possible, to make it work. But finally, I went out and bought this. E.L.F's studio powder is way too yellow, and although I loved the coverage at some point, I no longer do.

Moving on, I was surprised by the new sleek compact CG has gotten. No longer hangs grandma's compact from the shelves. It's a solid green, with a clear plastic/layer finish. Gone is that marble like green compact, I grew up with. Which for nostalgia reasons, I kinda miss. The product is still the same, soft white and peachy in ivory (hurrah! perfection with my almay or CG foundation. buh-bye nasty yellow!)

It's still as chalky, but I either find powders to be heavy or chalky. And if I had to choose, I'd pick chalky because it's less cakey. The nice smell still exists, and it does as it says. On yahoo's front page, it actually made "Top drug store products."

As for coverage, it's fair to medium. It all depends on how much you apply. Lasting power, is pretty good though. I don't see myself switching for awhile again. And all in all, you can't beat the price and nice quality.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2010 8:01:00 PM More reviews by Nekura

I actually am reviewing the new Clean pressed powder for sensitive skin in the clear + teal packaging. I'm not sure what the old ingredients to this power was as it never intrigued me for years but the new packaging is quite modern and eye appealing. However the ingredient list seems pretty minimal with the add of oat powder which is a bit unusual (but I assume logically this might help sensitive skin stay calm?)

As for the powder, I'm quite surprised with the quality. Keep in mind this is sheer. It can even out minor discoloration but I don't see how this can be used as a foundation unless you just need a subtle tint. For keeping the oilies away, covergirl has always done a great job with this in powders from what I have noticed but I only have steered away because a lot of their face powders contain a high level of bismuth and irritates my skin. This senstive skin powder however seems to be bismuth free, fragrance free, controls the tzone nicely, leaves my skin soft AND non-itchy unlike their other products.

The overall texture of this reminds me a lot of MAC Blot. It does come off a bit chalky (just like the MAC) so if you have super dry skin I wouldn't suggest using this (try Maybelline Dream Matte instead). The only difference between this and MAC blot is that this cakes less, has a bit more color to it, but overall works just as great. A $7-8 price tag for a Covergirl powder seems a bit steep (weren't these like $5 before?) however it works so well I don't regret buying it at retail. Will definitely buy a few extras next time I see a BOGO sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2010 6:28:00 PM More reviews by erijica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am quite sad that this is being discontinued. I recently found it stashed away in a random makeup bag, and I decided to try it out again. I love it. I use it to set my foundation and it works wonderfully. It doesn't look cakey or sink into my pores, like some other powders I've tried. Plus, the lightest shade is perfect for my super pale skin. AND, it looks very nice on it's own, if you just want to even out your skin tone and take away oilies.