Cover Girl Clean Fragrance Free Pressed Powder

Price: $

Price: $

on 11/10/2011 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

All the ladies in my family were hooked to this pressed powder for a good number of years cuz it was available in our skin tone (Indian brown), came in a strong case, the puff was soft and felt good against our faces and of cors, the powder itself didn't damage our skin. When I grew up I realised it settles into my pores a bit although it doesn't look cakey as such. Its a nice powder but we've all moved on to better products...we DID use this for a long tym! :)

on 7/11/2011 5:49:00 AM

a very good powder, i dont get the "caked" look with this powder at all. overall i was very happily surprised with the quality of it, compast, puff and the product itself. it does everything you would expect it you and so i will repurchase.

on 6/14/2011 4:34:00 PM

Ok, so the powder I tried is newer than the one in the pictue, it comes in a brown case but this is the same product. This powder was averadge it covered my blackheads that I have on my nose well, reduced shine and evened out my skintone but it couldn't be used as foundation unless your skin is close to perfect and seeing as this is a makeup site I don't think anyone here is perfect myself included. I was really annoyed with the packaging though if you drop the case it WILL break, I've done this twice now the little powder puff it comes with is OK it serves it's purpose but it's nothing special. Still this is what I would expect from a drug store brand and if you want an amazing product you're going to have to spend a little more money. Also it does have a powdery smell, it smells good but it's not fragrance free.

on 6/11/2011 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a very average powder. You don't expect too much or too little. But for the low-end price it's nice for a beginner/ametur/someone who doesn't want to spend $30 on a powder.

on 11/11/2010 10:43:00 AM

This product is very average. I find it to be a little cakey and emphasize the peach fuzz on my face. For this reason, I've decided to only use it on my t-zone and it works great that way. It takes away the shine and looks good. The color doesn't mask any other makeup if you happen to be wearing blush. I just wish the powder was more finely milled so it wouldn't look quite so thick.

on 7/27/2010 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use this product daily.. I don't use the little poof applicator it comes with.. I use just a regular powder brush and lightly put it on my skin to set my foundation. However I don't use it alone.. when I tried it it stuck to alllll the little hairs on my face and looked cakey. So I always pair it with a foundation and it work great!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

It's ok. A little cakey and it doesn't cover everything.

on 3/22/2010 10:00:00 AM

I tried to use the old CG Clean formula but never had luck with it - typically I'd end up with small breakouts along my chin. I found a few good deals on the new formula in the last two months and picked up several packages to try.

First, the coverage is pretty light which is exactly what I'm looking for. It goes on easily, as long as you apply primer or moisturizer first.

This, along with a few dabs of the CG Clean FF liquid is all I need foundation-wise. My complexion appears smooth, I don't get breakouts, and it doesn't feel as though I'm wearing a pound of make-up.

on 3/18/2010 1:42:00 AM

This broke me out like crazy! As soon as I stopped using it, my skin cleared up. I will definately NOT re-purchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

surprisingly good for a drugstore powder! color match for me is pretty good (classic ivory, i usually wear MAC NC15-20, bobbi brown cool beige). i'm reviewing the new formula, not the old one, so i don't know how it compares - but this one is pretty good. i agree that it's a bit like MAC blot, only cheaper. i keep this one on my office desk for quick touch ups during the day. it applies very nicely with a powder brush, but throw out the puff it comes with, it's garbage and goes on all uneven and thick that way.

didn't oxidize, or feel heavy in any way, but lacked pigment - i only use it to blot shine, so this is fine with me, but it is a setting powder, rather than a powder foundation, so this may not be for you if you're looking for a powder foundation. one lippy off since the color range kind of sucks and would only suit those who are fair-fair/medium. even the darkest shade isn't what i would call tanned... what's up with that?

overall, at CDN$9 a pop, not bad - mops up oil and doesn't irritate my sensitive-combo skin, or cause clogs/breakouts. no weird fragrance. buy a $10 ecotools powder brush to apply it with, because the puff is terrible!

kudos on covergirl for the new packaging - it's less cheap looking... it's not as nice as a chanel or a nars compact, but this would look less horrible when you're touching up in public. would buy again to stash at the office. continued >>