January 29, 2015 | 1947 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - Clean Fragrance Free Pressed Powder

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2011 4:34:00 PM More reviews by cking2013

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Ok, so the powder I tried is newer than the one in the pictue, it comes in a brown case but this is the same product. This powder was averadge it covered my blackheads that I have on my nose well, reduced shine and evened out my skintone but it couldn't be used as foundation unless your skin is close to perfect and seeing as this is a makeup site I don't think anyone here is perfect myself included. I was really annoyed with the packaging though if you drop the case it WILL break, I've done this twice now the little powder puff it comes with is OK it serves it's purpose but it's nothing special. Still this is what I would expect from a drug store brand and if you want an amazing product you're going to have to spend a little more money. Also it does have a powdery smell, it smells good but it's not fragrance free.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2011 4:34:00 PM More reviews by angelwingsx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very average powder. You don't expect too much or too little. But for the low-end price it's nice for a beginner/ametur/someone who doesn't want to spend $30 on a powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2010 10:43:00 AM More reviews by tarzina789

This product is very average. I find it to be a little cakey and emphasize the peach fuzz on my face. For this reason, I've decided to only use it on my t-zone and it works great that way. It takes away the shine and looks good. The color doesn't mask any other makeup if you happen to be wearing blush. I just wish the powder was more finely milled so it wouldn't look quite so thick.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2010 12:58:00 AM More reviews by megan1309

I use this product daily.. I don't use the little poof applicator it comes with.. I use just a regular powder brush and lightly put it on my skin to set my foundation. However I don't use it alone.. when I tried it it stuck to alllll the little hairs on my face and looked cakey. So I always pair it with a foundation and it work great!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2010 10:36:00 PM More reviews by worstnightmare

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

It's ok. A little cakey and it doesn't cover everything.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2010 10:00:00 AM More reviews by carville5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried to use the old CG Clean formula but never had luck with it - typically I'd end up with small breakouts along my chin. I found a few good deals on the new formula in the last two months and picked up several packages to try.

First, the coverage is pretty light which is exactly what I'm looking for. It goes on easily, as long as you apply primer or moisturizer first.

This, along with a few dabs of the CG Clean FF liquid is all I need foundation-wise. My complexion appears smooth, I don't get breakouts, and it doesn't feel as though I'm wearing a pound of make-up.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2010 1:42:00 AM More reviews by h20liliz

This broke me out like crazy! As soon as I stopped using it, my skin cleared up. I will definately NOT re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2010 3:49:00 PM More reviews by lareinarumbera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

surprisingly good for a drugstore powder! color match for me is pretty good (classic ivory, i usually wear MAC NC15-20, bobbi brown cool beige). i'm reviewing the new formula, not the old one, so i don't know how it compares - but this one is pretty good. i agree that it's a bit like MAC blot, only cheaper. i keep this one on my office desk for quick touch ups during the day. it applies very nicely with a powder brush, but throw out the puff it comes with, it's garbage and goes on all uneven and thick that way.

didn't oxidize, or feel heavy in any way, but lacked pigment - i only use it to blot shine, so this is fine with me, but it is a setting powder, rather than a powder foundation, so this may not be for you if you're looking for a powder foundation. one lippy off since the color range kind of sucks and would only suit those who are fair-fair/medium. even the darkest shade isn't what i would call tanned... what's up with that?

overall, at CDN$9 a pop, not bad - mops up oil and doesn't irritate my sensitive-combo skin, or cause clogs/breakouts. no weird fragrance. buy a $10 ecotools powder brush to apply it with, because the puff is terrible!

kudos on covergirl for the new packaging - it's less cheap looking... it's not as nice as a chanel or a nars compact, but this would look less horrible when you're touching up in public. would buy again to stash at the office. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2010 10:14:00 PM More reviews by peoplerpeople

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Buff Beige does not equal Translucent Medium in Fresh Complexion or Fresh Look pressed powders. After 10+ years, Cover Girl has kicked me to the curb. Have it your way, Cover Girl. Peace.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2010 11:03:00 AM More reviews by melodypristine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The rating above is for the OLD CG Frag. Free Powder, not the new crap. Which, btw Cover Girl, WTF??? You changed the formula of this product to be the new "Clean Sensitive Skin" and the crappy new formula breaks me out. I don't know why the other one did not break me out since it did have mineral oil in it, but this one? SUCKS. HORRIBLY. Cover Girl, why did you mess with a good thing? Also, the new packaging is really cute and all but do you think you made it hard enough to open??? Jeeeeez. Not to mention, it oxidizes horribly on my face and I just look dirty by the end of the day. Now, after having used CG Fragrance Free for years without incident, I have to go on the horrible hunt for a new cheap powder that doesn't irritate my skin and which I can actually get into without the jaws of life. "Sensitive"?? HA! That's a joke. Epic fail, CG, epic fail.