October 30, 2014 | 1604 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Wallpaper Shadow Box

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2009 4:46:00 PM More reviews by EvilQueen_

I received this as a gift and all I have to say is HOLY GLITTER BATMAN. Sometimes glitter is fun for going out but for some reason with UD's glittery e/s the glitter falls off my eyelids and into my eyes! I've worn super glittery e/s in the past but this is terrible. The colors are pretty, but I definitely won't ever really use this, especially since the colors I like (Last Call, Smog, Shattered, Chopper) are in the Urban Ammo palette, which is love.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2009 4:49:00 AM More reviews by blink1217

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Beautiful e/s! But like everyone else has mentioned UD basically dropped a glitter bomb into this palette :( When looking at the colors initially it appeared that the e/s had some shimmer (except Uzi...you could see the glitter in it from space) it's when you actually apply them is when it becomes obvious. But the shades are too pretty, I'll be using mainly the shades without the excessive glitter.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2009 3:58:00 PM More reviews by world_of_tights

I really like this palette. I understand that some people don't like the glitter fallout, but a lot of the UD eyeshadows have that and I don't know why you'd buy something with so much glitter if you don't like glitter. I don't mind it at all, and there are so many colours in this that I use all the time - shotgun looks really beautiful on my green eyes.

I love the look of this palette as well, I really like the colours and patterns used on the packaging, but my one major complaint about it is that after a while I've noticed that the plastic that covers the paper is beginning to come away and blister, which looks pretty horrible. Saying that though, I have had this for a few years and the eyeshadows inside are still completely fine!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2008 10:53:00 PM More reviews by cyncord4

I love all UD kits, but this one has a little too much shimmer for me. The colors are pretty neutrals but again, too much glitter for a couple of shadows. Great buy though, as always with UD

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2008 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Chickeys

I bought this on a complete whim from Sephora. I had never used UD shadows before, heard about Smog and Midnight Cowboy and whatever else the m/u board raves about, I figured, whatever. Took it with me on a trip (points for being travel-friendly, palette is flat and has a magnetic closure) and used it exactly one time -- I think the only colors I touched were Last Call and Midnight Cowboy, which are very pretty, but holy glitter, Batman! I tried tapping off to get rid of some of the sparklies, to no avail. I pretty much hate glittery e/s, I don't mind some frost or luster, but there's a difference between glitter and frost. I'm going to try to return this palette to Sephora, but if not, it'll be up for swap! :) I think I paid $32 for this. If you don't mind the glittery UD shadows, this is nice, but I don't like them. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2008 6:08:00 PM More reviews by akkk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this after sampling the deluxe shadow box, which I love. The colors in this set are great, and I won't describe them since an earlier reviewer has done such a wonderful job of that. I will say this: I don't like the glitter. It is over the top, and I don't know if this amount of glitter is appropriate for teens, even. Looks to me like it could be very irritating to sensitive eyes. I for one, will not be trying this set with contact lenses. However, as yet another reviewer pointed out, it is possible to brush off the glitter with a stiff brush, just don't make up the rest of the face before doing this. Otherwise you might find yourself trying to clean up over your makeup. Not good. I will not repurchase, simply because of the glitter. Which is a shame, because the colors are lovely.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2008 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Bsheth86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I got this as a gift and this is my first time using ud eyeshadows. Their color selection matches that of MAC. However, as mentioned by others there is just TOO much Glitter. I have to be very careful as to how much color i pick up onto my brush other my whole face will shine with glitter.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2008 5:10:00 PM More reviews by dudet

The first thing that I want to say is that I LOVE Urban Decay. This pallete really doesn't show that classic Urban Decay style (except for the glitter :) ). The color selection is very neutral with the exception of purple and an aqua blue. I did like the kit, but most of the other Urban Decay kits come with the Urban Decay Primer Potion , which this one did not. I hate the mirror that is inside the palette, but the overall packaging is cute. If you are looking for a pretty natural look , then this is probably one of the best selections from Urban Decay.

p.s. update: The more that I have used this kit, the more that I have noticed an ungodly amount of fallout from the glitter. I would suggest buying another kit from Urban decay.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2008 11:28:00 AM More reviews by user1988

This was one of the first brand name eye shadow sets I ever bought. It was okay for the most part, but whenever I did wear it I always had people ask me why I have glitter all over my face. Not only that but the big chunks of glitter got into my eye and irritated my contacts.

I still have the set but it's hidden under my make up box, I never use it anymore. There are better things out there that's more pigmented and look a lot better.

Update: still don't like this, bad bad staying power even with primer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2008 4:49:00 PM More reviews by scridsrolls

Urban Decay shadows are typically very well pigmented and true to color, most with silky, shimmery/pearly textures. This set, while it has an adorable case with a magnetized lid and a decent sized mirror, has very small shadow pans. Not much shadow for your money ($34?...yikes!) Most of the colors are twists on neutrals and are lovely. GRIND is a pale neutral pink, with a decidedly iridescent finish. SHOTGUN is a warm coppery pink, a medium shade. LAST CALL is a very pretty plum color, also warm-toned. ASPHYXIA is a cool violet and is very iridescent..has neat blue/purple two-toned look to it. This shade probably suits cool-toned gals best, though it looks ok on me. UZI is a bright silver. SHATTERED is a really gorgeous peacock teal, and goes on somewhat more sheer than it appears. Also pretty iridescent. SMOG is a rich brownish gold, and is the most intense of all the shades. Not really a daytime color. Highly pigmented! CHOPPER is a pink/peach medium color, more orangey on than in the pan. MIDNIGHT COWBOY is a nice neutral beige, with a slight pink tone. Lovely colors, but here's the catch:

THEY'RE FILLED WITH GLITTER!! Chunky, you can see it with your naked eye, large pieces of ART STORE QUALITY silver glitter. I don't mean mica, I don't mean shimmery flecks...I mean real glitter. The only shades that don't have it are Aspyhxia, Smog, and Shattered. The othes are loaded with it. Which is a shame, because the colors themselves are perfect. But the glitter really ruins it, unless you're young and you like that sort of thing. Not a sophisticated look. It is somewhat possible to forcibly brush the particles off, but even with a gentle application, they somehow ended up all over my face...my cheeks, my nose, my forehead...and even using a stiff-bristled powder brush to remove them didn't really unstick these little devil particles from my face. My cat even had it on his head after I patted him. It just makes me laugh. I'm baffled, honestly. I may buy this again, just because the colors are perfect...if only I can find a way to deal with the glitter...