April 19, 2014 | 1762 users online

Bronzers - TheBalm - Bahama Mama

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 11:30:00 AM More reviews by aneezy

I returned Too Faced Chocolate Soleil because the color is similar to NYC sunny, which is too orange for my yellow undertone. Bahama mama is $20 cheaper (from Amazon) than Too Faced chocolate soleil and it is perfect for my asian skin tone. It really gives that depth/illusion when i contour my cheek. Bahama mama is a cool tone bronzer and its not muddy at all; I never really like the warm orangey "bronze" look on me. No shimmer, no smell, and super pigmented. I literally only tap my brush against it and it produces enough color on my cheek.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by l0laxc0la

This is a good product for contouring. It's a neutral matte brown. I guess the original price is a bit much, but it's often on sale at HauteLook and similar deals sites. I got mine for $10 and you do get a lot of product so I feel like that's a good deal. Especially since this is SO PIGMENTED I don't think I'll ever ever use it up!

If you have super fair skin like me, this is not the HG product it would probably be for medium or dark skin tones, but it's still totally usable and does look natural for contouring as long as you use a VERY light hand. Like, lighter hand than you have ever used before, lol. I'm amazed at the color payoff here.

Learning to work with this and am pleased overall! I rated it highly because i think it's a great and high quality product, but if you're quite fair you may have to play around with it a bit to get the effect you want.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 9:28:00 AM More reviews by d61rlz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Love this bronzer/contouring powder so much! it beats the benefit hoola which i thought hoola is more pricey i guessed i should get better experience with hoola.. the color is super pigmented so a little goes a long way.. it is very dark for people with fair skin, but you can tap off the excess for less dark.. for me (who is around NC 20-25) i don't mind.. well, every positive side there must be a negative side.. first, they are super powdery! even you dab only once, the excess is everywhere! Second thing, the packaging.. i hate they have magnetic closing system, which can lead bacteria/mold grows in it.. i have the frat boy blush, and it has mold! ewww~ and it happened to my naked color from naked palette too! i've never had this kind of exp with my other palette/blush.. idk if it just me or the packaging system considering i live in a tropical humid country..

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 6:12:00 AM More reviews by ggalie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my HG bronzer. Perfect contour shade, blends out nicely and doesn't fade quickly. I don't care for the packaging since I keep it in its original sleeve and have to take it out every day. Price is kinda high but worth it for the amount of product. Beats Nars Laguna and TooFaced Chocolate bronzer for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2013 3:34:00 AM More reviews by NightAng3l

I feel like I got a dud one. I bought this bronzer specifically because the reviews said it was a cool matte and quite dark bronzer that would be good for contouring but maybe a bit too muddy for bronzer,and that it had to be used with a light hand. And that is exactly why i bought it, I was looking for a contouring shade that would allow me to play around with the darkness of the contour. I was slightly disappointed when even after heavily swirling my contour brush in the product, it showed up to an ok level for contouring and did not allow for a darker contour. I am not even that dark, I am NC20. So even though I get a nice shade for contouring (a tad on the light side for my liking but still wearable), I definitely do not go light handed with this. This can also be seen as a good thing in that I can never overdo my contouring and look like a clown. So pros and cons for me. I wouldnt buy it again because I want to find a contour product that allows me to build the darkness if I want to. This wasnt it but I will still use it up anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 5:53:00 AM More reviews by zed4zorro

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A cool, dark, matte bronzer which is excellent when used to contour. The packaging is slim with a magnetic cover which opens up like a book, so no more lost lids/covers. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 4:40:00 AM More reviews by RunawayGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product. I love how dark and rich it is, and the simple sleek packaging. This is mostly matte, and appropriate for contouring. I am medium skinned and this does not look harsh if applied moderately. I like this better than Too Faced Chocolate Soleil!
Absolute fave & my HG bronzer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by laureg

TheBalm is a highly underrated brand, imo. I bought Bahama Mama specifically for countouring and have not been disappointed. I don't use this as a bronzer because the color looks dirty on me, but it's not the product's fault, as I'm pale and most bronzers look too orange/dirty with my coloring. As with all of TheBalm products I've tried, the quality is great and the product is very pigmented, so it lasts forever. I'm also a huge fan of TheBalm's minimalist packaging, and find it quite brilliant, actually- slim cardboard compacts that close tightly with magnetic lids, and stay firmly closed. There's no room for the product to go bumping around and breaking up, leaving a mess in your m/u bag. All in all, a winner, and I will continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2013 9:58:00 AM More reviews by PISALISA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Words cannot express how much I love this Bronzer for contouring. I previously used Nyx's Taupe blush for contouring...but it just looked a little "off". Bahama Mama is a cool-toned brown Bronzer, and Nyx Taupe is more of a grayish color. This Bronzer goes on like butter and stays put all day. It looks completely natural and has zero shimmer. This is my new HG contour Bronzer!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2013 11:08:00 AM More reviews by lozzie88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a lovely bronzer, but I wouldn't but it again simply because it's too dark for me. I can use it if I use a stippling brush and a really light hand and take my time, but I usually can't be bothered. So honestly at this rate im not going to need to repurchase. I would recommend if you enjoy contouring or have a deeper skin tone.