July 30, 2014 | 1222 users online

Makeup Brushes - Jane Iredale - Handi Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Parpar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this brush! I use Colorescience pressed mineral powder, and I needed a brush to apply it with (don't ask why I was using a sponge to apply pressed powder LOL).

Anyways I believe it was around $40-50 at my local spa, yah pretty steep but it's well worth it.

It's soft on the face, applies just enough powder and washes well. It's far superior to Sephora's mineral power brush. The Handi is slightly bigger but not too big. I try to wash it every week but sometimes I get lazy. However when I do wash it I run it under warm water, then I put Dr. Bronners on my hand and swirl away and run under warm water until the residue disappears. I haven't had any bristles falling out except for one, but this was after many times of use. Other than that, a superb brush! I find that if you're using pressed powder, you should tap your brush into the powder, the swirl, then tap the excess off...if you keep tapping the excess off you'll still get powder onto the brush but the coverage will be very light and natural looking!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2012 3:24:00 PM More reviews by missayycee

i love this brush. when i got the jane iredale pure pressed mineral foundation , i was just using my regular flat top brush thinking it would give the same results. then i decided to try out the brush. i was amazed about how soft the brush was and how well it picked up the mineral powder. it have me a very nice coverage and finish

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2012 11:57:00 AM More reviews by dancer156

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I searched through tons of reviews on flat-top powder brushes, and based on the positive reviews here as well as on DermStore, I decided to cave. This brush is EXTREMELY expensive ($45), but does perform as intended. I use this to apply my JI PureMatte Finish Powder (amazing oil-control powder, by the way), and this does a great job. The bristles are soft enough to swirl the brush ends in the powder and not scratch your face, yet sturdy enough to hold all the particles. I gently sweep the brush over my face and the powder is evenly deposited. I had previously used MUF HD Kabuki Brush, and while this worked well, it also picked up way too many particles-- and because of the dome shape, half of the powder particles ended up in the air (for me to breathe in) and not on my face...big waste of product and bad for the lungs. On the contrary, this flat top brush deposits most all the powder on my face and very few particles escape into the air. There may be other great flat top powder brushes out there, but I am very pleased with this one so far (has held up for 4 months and weekly washings).
I liked this brush so much that I purchased JI's Retractable Handi Brush as well (a bit more expensive at $50) to keep in my purse for powder application. This has held up well so far! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2012 12:19:00 AM More reviews by divinelilprincessss

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure I will ever have to replace this brush..I bought it 7 years ago and, use it daily. There has never been any shedding at all..I purchased this from a shop here were I live. I don't and didn't pay any attention to the price the MUA used it on me. I believe it was definitely worth the $50.00. It is as soft as the day I bought it even after washing it 5-7 times a week..It works as wonderfully. This a purchase you will never regret .

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 1:44:00 AM More reviews by JaneWhit99

I have the Luscious Kabuki, Ultimate Buffer as well as powder brushes from Laura Mercier, Estee Lauder, Covermark (Japan) etc, so thought I would skip the Handi Brush when I started using the JL Pure Pressed Foundation. The Luscious Kabuki actually did a reasonably good job with the Pure Pressed, but eventually I decided to get the Handi Brush. I'm so glad I did. The first time I used it I found it (OMG!) so silky and luxurious. It's a very well-made brush. The hair is dense but the tips are supersoft and smooth. It gives a medium light, very natural application. I tried to order this brush from skinwest.com but there was problem with the shipping, so eventually I purchased it full-priced at a local spa. Mine does not have any problem with shedding.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2012 12:14:00 AM More reviews by HotKee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a nice brush, as are all of the Jane Iredale brushes. I got this one to use for applying blush, but it would be much better for applying loose powder. The round shape and wider fanned brush hairs make applying blush difficult because you get too much in one spot. I washed it and started using it as a powder brush and it works great!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2012 2:51:00 AM More reviews by itsHannahJane

I have all three of Channel, Mac and Kevyn Aucoin makeup brush sets - all great brushes but JANE IREDALE HANDI BRUSH, hands down BEST makeup brush I have ever had.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2012 12:12:00 AM More reviews by richellealexis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This brush will change your life, I swear. Use it with every powder, every foundation, just everything. Makes your powders look absolutely flawless on your skin. I've had mine for about three years, it still looks and works the exact same as when I first bought it. Washes beautifully, feels wonderful, and I can honestly say that I won't buy it again because I most likely won't need to! Best brush in the history of the world.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2012 9:04:00 AM More reviews by Princessngirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this brush about 7-8 years ago, when I first bought my first pure pressed base. Sadly, Jane Iredale has started to break me out, so I only use the base sporadically.

Overall, this is a very good quality brush. It washes wonderfully and is still in good condition, even after all these years. I use it for buffing out my foundation and on special occasions, for highlighting or light blush. The handle is v solid and a shorter length, so it is easy to control. The bristles are very soft, and the top is flat. Yes, it is a kabuki brush, and because it is so soft, it buffs the product more gradually. I have watched and carefully followed the Iredale videos, and still can't get a finish similar to what I see on the screen.

It is a very dense, brush, w a head that is about two inches in diameter. When I wash it, I usually need to use the cleanser at least twice to get all of the makeup out. And, I rinse it for quite some time to ensure that it is soap free before I dry it.

If you do decide to purchase it, it is really important that you use a VERY LIGHT hand to apply whatever cosmetic with which you plan to use it. The brush is so dense and so wide, it really holds and applies a lot of product. It is really easy to overdue it w this brush if you don't watch it.

When I purchased this brush, I really did not know much about makeup brushes. Since that time, so many more options have emerged. I really think a lesser brush will do the trick in place of this brush. E.L.F. and Sonia Kashuk each has a flat top buffing brush; each is v good. I know there are good, less expensive kabuki brushes out there as well. Yes, this is a good brush. However it is a v pricy one and has limited utility. If I had to do it over again, I would not repurchase.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2012 8:11:00 PM More reviews by Slavisa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The Handi brush is fantastic for applying the JI Pressed Powder and the powder seems to have quite a good grip on the hairs.

Love how soft it is also!