April 17, 2014 | 1971 users online

Lip Gloss - Clinique - Long Last Glosswear SPF 15 in Bonfire

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2009 11:12:00 AM More reviews by MissBehaviour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have stayed away from long last lipsticks and glosses for years because I experienced skin sensitivity and extreme drying from such products in the past. I'm glad I was brave enough to try this one though--it doesn't irritate my lips or the skin around my mouth, doesn't feel too heavy or plasticky and does last longer than normal glosses. The colour is very flattering, classy and suitable for day wear or at night as part of a more glamorous look. I would repurchase and will check out some of the other colors as well. One lippie off because this doesn't stay on anywhere near as long as advertised (although realistically no gloss will see you through a meal).

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2009 6:25:00 PM More reviews by skye247

I got this gloss as part of the latest Clinque bonus and I have to say, I'm pretty impressed. As other reviewers have mentioned, it can be a little sticky/tacky, but as long as you don't slather it on, it shouldn't be a problem. I haven't noticed any significant taste/smell to the product and I appreciate the SPF 15 and a colour that is flattering on most skin tones. I will definitely be purchasing this one when my sample runs out!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2009 6:51:00 PM More reviews by JanisJ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you find this product to be too sticky, then you are probably using way too much. Remember, it's a gloss so GLOSS OVER your lips, don't lather it on like vaseline on a baby's bottom!

Lasts for hours (until you eat or drink) and as far as I'm concerned, it has no taste.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2008 1:06:00 AM More reviews by Helen031

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The color is sheer, shiny, shimmery pink. It goes on pretty thick but is comfortable. It lasts longer than most of my other glosses too. The problem with this gloss though is the taste. There's an awful taste to it that really bothers me. For that reason alone, I will not buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2008 3:49:00 PM More reviews by queenofthesalsa

I love this gloss for the colour and the SPF. I am medium olive in skintone and this colour works for me and would probably work for different skintones as well. The consistancy leaves much to be desired - it goes on thick and sticky and stays that way. Maybe this is a feature of long-last gloss in general? I can live with it, however, and think it's worth it for the pretty shades and sun protection.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2008 10:32:00 AM More reviews by covetous

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I second (third?!) the first two reviews - and have the same colour experience with this as the second reviewer - although I turn most lip colours pink, this stays quite reddish-gold on me. It's a lovely burnished coppery colour in fact that doesn't look muddy and has a nice, fairly obvious, golden shimmer. The staying power is pretty good (not as good as my beloved and discontinued Pout glosses...) and it's very comfortable and non-drying. It's quite sticky but I don't have a problem with that. My only (minor) beef is with the plasticky taste.
Nice gloss, I'll get more colours.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2008 11:11:00 PM More reviews by laratf

Don't get me wrong, I love Clinique, however...

On a whim, I popped over to my local counter to take this stuff for a test drive and boy am I glad I tried before I bought! This is the stickiest, most uncomfortable gloss I have ever put on. It actually made my lips stick together and left strands of gloss when I parted them. Yuck! The colors are lovely and the packaging is as classy as ever. Sadly this product gets 1 lippie from me :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2008 5:36:00 PM More reviews by gphibgoddess19

I just got this color yesterday and my review is slightly different from the previous one. In fact, her review sparked me to buy this, but it does look different on me. Anyway, I like this better than the old Cream Soda color, I felt it was a little too muddy and/or dark on my PPP NW15 skin. Bonfire, on my pale pink lips actually shows up as a sheer brownish/red/rose with golden glimmer rather than a medium pink. It probably sounds similar to Kittyskyfish's review but it does not look that pinky on me. This is odd because of the review and pic and because I turn all lip colors pink! I couldn't get a good picture unfortunately. But this is a great warm-colored lipgloss. It is very pretty on my pale skin and dyed red hair. This does have some pretty noticable shimmer. As far as lasting power, I didn't think it last much more then 3-4 hours. Which is excellent imo, but for those expecting 8+ hours of wear, don't get your hopes up. The color is slightly sheer, but I find the quality and texture much more appealing than any other Clinique glosses. You can taste a hint of the sunscreen, but it doesn't bother me personally. There is a good color selection and I think it is great that they revamped some of the glosses. Overall, I would recommend this color but try it on to make sure it gives you the color you want!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2008 8:05:00 PM More reviews by KittySkyfish

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a dupe for Cream Soda, the popular shade from the color surge impossibly glossy line. The shade is a sheer neutral rose with golden glimmer - it's very wearable and would work with most skin tones. the finish is beautiful and lasts quite a while. I applied it at 1:00 p.m. and the color and shine lasted for hours, until I ate supper at 5:30 p.m. Then it did wear down quite a bit. It holds its finish best if you don't eat or drink - but that's expected of any lip product. There are some drawbacks: the texture is somewhat sticky and tastes a bit of sunscreen (the sunscreens are octinoxate 7.5% and octisalate 4.0%). I don't mind either too much but I prefer a smoother texture. That said, I love this shade enough to purchase and ignore the stickiness and I appreciate the added SPF. :) Recommendable and will repurchase.

**pictures included - click "continued" to see them**
Pic of Bonfire's undertone:

This is how it glimmers - golden!

And this is Bonfire applied...
continued >>