April 16, 2014 | 923 users online

Gels/Soaps - Burt's Bees - Naturally Nourishing Milk & Shea Butter Body Wash

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2010 9:19:00 PM More reviews by lushieluver

This body wash is very thin and runny, and it doesn't lather up, probably because it lacks SLS. It also has an odd smell to it, almost a little like spoiled milk. It did an okay job at moisturizing.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2009 6:17:00 PM More reviews by pinkcl0uds

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love Burt's Bees products and I picked this up because of the nice soft scent but I find that I need a lot of it in order to get it to lather up. I feel like I use way more of the product than I should. I would repurchase but I found better natural body washes.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2009 10:51:00 PM More reviews by judostar18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am trying very hard to switch my beauty routine to more natural products. I love the Burt's Bees line, so I decided to buy this. I won't lie, I don't really like the smell. It smells a bit like scalded milk. I know that sounds gross. I'm not very sensitive to scents, so I just grin and bear it. I love the way my skin feels after I shower...soft and smooth. I will continue to use this product even though I don't like the smell. The smell is undetectable to me after rinsing, so it's no big deal. Plus, it's good for my skin. I <3 Burt's Bees.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2009 11:08:00 AM More reviews by missred2u

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is really good, IMO. It was difficult to get used to the low lathering aspect, but after that, I was hooked. The scent is nice and light and never interferes with other scents I may wear after showering. It's really good for shaving because of the consistency. This may be well on it's way to becoming my HG body wash. I switch body washes so frequently because I like new scents, but I really like what this does for my skin. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2009 7:09:00 AM More reviews by zeynep81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was hesitant to try this product because I hated the smell of Milk&Honey Body Lotion. But it turned out that this one smells quite nice actually. This must be Shea Butter in it then. As a irritant-free product, it performs pretty good. Yes it doesn't lather like crazy. But it's creamy enough to be applied easily. It leaves my skin soft and clean afterwards. Love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2009 3:29:00 AM More reviews by acidcrush

This is an okay body wash. It cleans well and leaves my skin soft. I don't mind the smell. I will not be re-buying because I hate the light, watery consistency.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2009 5:47:00 PM More reviews by daviska4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First, let me say that this doesn't lather like many other body washes... it's because it doesn't contain sodium laureth sulfate, an irritant. But I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this body wash. Whenever I have switched because I get tired of needing to re-buy it so often, I always go back to it. It smells amazing... a warm summery smell (at least to me haha). It leaves my sensitive skin soooo soft. I also use it in place of shave gel, and that seems to work great too. My skin is easily irritated, but this always seems to kill any irritation from the product I used before. It is a little weird at first to get used to a non-lathery body wash, but once you do it's no biggie. The only gripe I have with this is that it only comes in 12 fluid ounces size (for $8). Hands down, this is my HG body wash!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2009 10:56:00 PM More reviews by preppymouse3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This body wash was really difficult for me to track down, I eventually found it in a gift set at a grocery store so I picked it up right away. For some reason the milk and shea just seemed so appealing to me and I generally love burts bees so I had to give this one a try as well. This did not live up to my expectations. I got a deluxe sample size in the set and you need a lot of product for your whole body. The product doesn't really lather so a generous amount is a must. It smells like sweet warm milk which is quite comforting and pleasant. It also delivers on the moisture claim. This product would be outstanding if it lathered, but alas it doesn't and it just isn't worth the repurchase to me. I also got the milk shea soap in the gift set (full size) which was phenomenal. Skip this and get the soap, it is much more moisturizing, it lathers, good scent and leaves your skin buttery soft!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2009 5:53:00 PM More reviews by emodel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Smells very-very sweet, I like that. Even though the consistancy is a bit light, I love it because it helped my dry skin. Now, after a shower I don`t need a bodylotion if I don`t want to, and my skin is not dry anymore, but soft. Very nice product, and very natural. I`ve been using it for years now. (I do not like the bodylotion they have though!) I recommend it to everyone even though it is not that too cheap. It is worth the money, after all, you use it (almost) every day, it is important what you put on your skin!
(I also LOVE: the BB citrus face scrub...., and the Grapefruit&Shea hair conditioner, and this body wash! These are my 3 fav.BB products!)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2009 7:20:00 PM More reviews by KattyKit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

This stuff smells amazing. No matter the quantity you use, you can smell this throughout the entire house. It doesn't last long though, it fades as soon as the steam from the shower is gone. Don't take this to mean that the fragrance is too strong because it definitely is not. If you're the one using it it's difficult to smell, but my sister tried to sneak some and I laughed at her attempt because it was so obvious when she came out of the shower. It's a lovely smell too, like honey and shea.
It was around $7 at my local grocery store. There is so much in here, I think it's 12fl.oz/350ml., it comes in a pretty typical bottle with a snap top. The product itself has a very runny texture but a little goes a long way. Very cleansing, doesn't leave a "film" like some soaps do. I don't break out very easily but I was having some "issues" from the last soap I'd tried and this completely cleared it up within ONE use! I love this stuff. I never thought I'd have an HG body wash, but this is definitely HG. Will definitely repurchase.
Ingredients;
Water, decyl glucoside, carthamus tinctorius (safflower) oleosomes, sodium cocoyl hydrolyzed soy protein, glycerin, fragrance, xanthan gum, glucose, non-fat dry milk, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), citric acid, sodium cloride, glucose oxidase, lactoperoxidase. [Claims to be 98.5% natural]