MAC Lustre - Costa Chic

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Costa Chic is a warm-toned coral-peach lipstick. I love how clean and bright it is, every time I wear it, I look much more Ďtannedí and my complexion looks brighter! I think this is due to the fact itís more of a peachy coral with a tinge of orange than the traditional red-tone, which often clashes with my skintone. Itís also my first Frost finish lipstick from MAC, so I wasnít quite sure what to expect. What I can say is that is that the frost gives it this shimmer that catches the light Ė it looks very flattering! The frost is also very subtle, but definitely gives Costa Chic a juicy twist! I must say though that the frost highlighted lines in my lips, even when I used chapstick beforehand, but luckily I found a solution by using a nude lipliner underneath which in turn makes the colour much more vibrant and long-lasting! Most of you will find this a colour to be worn during the warmer Summer months, but I have been wearing in our current weather too, and it looks great, as well as cheering me up!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Other

I was soo excite to get this lipstick in the mail, I thought for sure this was gonna be my perfect coral match. Reel Sexy and Ravishing don't work either. It is so bright on my NC45 skin it looks like a cheap lipstick on me:( Really wanted to love.. Maybe I will try with a l/l and a light dabbing motion.

I think it's a very daring color, one that is difficult to pull off and harmonize with clothes/make up shades, so girls who aren't used to wearing lipstick would probably find it "too much". Well, I love the color! Like others said here, it's pinkish-orangey, neon-like, a very cheerful color. What I hate about it is the finish. If you use it with a bit of lip balm, it gets more even, but as you reapply it (which I do often) it gets weirder and weirder. The product gets into the thin lines of my lips and the result is gross (I don't even know how to explain it, it looks as if it builds up too much on some parts and gets uneven in others). I've had it for about a year now and would like to wear it more often, but I just can't stand the "cracked-lips" look. I tend to get somewhat disappointed with MAC's lipsticks. The colors are usually great and different, but the finishes are usually bad. The luster one disappears from the lips fast; the satin feels dry; the frost - my God, the worst! I wish they were better, because for the price you pay, I always ask myself: are they really worth it?

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love the color! I'm a NC25 (but have yellower undertones) and it's a pretty, bright coral-y color. Perfect for summer! But I give it a 3 because it bunches (?) up/collects on the inside and sides of my lips. It does settle in my lip lines a bit but that's not nearly so bad as the 'bunching/migration'.

Edited 8/2/12 - MAC Prep + Prime Lip Primer prevents Costa Chic from settling in the lip lines and helps a lot with the migration.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is a really great product for people with darker/tan skin tones, like me. If you have a light complexion this is definitely not the shade for you, it will come out overly bright and tacky. The actual lipstick does come out a little bit more orange then it looks in the pictures, but I was actually happy about that. Other then that, the frost finish looked picture-perfect and it's a very moisturizing lipstick! <3 it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this color! It is a perfect coral - not pinky; not orangey. It is light and soft but has a brightness to it that is very pretty. It is a frost finish, but to me it looks more like a satin. There is no frost - just a light shimmer. I took one point off overall rating because it tends to settle into lip creases - I just apply some lipbalm with my finger which helps. It seems to be a trend with the brighter formulated lipsticks in MAC - they tend to settle in lip creases and cake in the corners. If you don't mind touching it up a little now and then, this is an excellent lipstick!! NC15/NW20

After many bad purchases from Mac recently, I get smarter now. I don't just test the product at Mac counter and buy it right away if it looks all right in the mirror. I actually go outside and see what it looks like outdoor.

Costa Chic is so bad, even at the Mac store, it looked cheesy on me. It's this bright coral orange lipstick in frost formula. The formula is actually the least problem. It's the color. It's so cheesy. I think the only occasion this lipstick would work is at the beach on a sunny day. You can wear colorful bikini and costa lipstick against the blue sky. After all, doesn't every go to the beach on a sunny day?

It looked horrible at Mac store. It looked ugly when I walked around in the mall to check out my reflection in several mirrors. Then I went outside to check myself out in the mirror. Still horrible. The color just looks like a cheap drugstore lipstick. I am glad I didn't buy it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

I was very pleasantly surprised by the colour. I was looking for a pinky coral colour that was still wearable. I purchased this product and was a little nervous to put it on, but after I did, I was sold. The colour is just beautiful, it isn't too orange or neon, it is a bit softer than most corals, and I can see it suiting a lot of different skin tones. If you want to jump on the coral trend, I think this is a beautiful way to do it.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

So gorgeous! If you are even a little tan or warm toned, this is your lipstick....not too neon, not too bright, but just right to liven up your skin tone and look pretty all year 'round, but particularly in spring and summer. Just a delicious color; love, love it!!

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Okay, so I went into the store looking for a peachy pink colour cus it was all the rage in the summertime and I tried it on in the shop and looked fab, however once I got home and went into the normal light outside it looked straight up orange on me. I think it will suit fairer complexions, I am naturally a honeyish olive tan colour and thought it looked nice under the lights at the mac shop...but I dont think I can pull this off, perhaps its also my jet black hair, orange and black dont compliment eachother....I think if I had brown hair maybe it would look better? Still a lovely colour, just not for me :(

Recommended for Medium Skin