October 25, 2014 | 1858 users online

Sunscreen - Banana Boat - Sport Performance™ Sunblock Lotion SPF 50

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2009 10:00:00 AM More reviews by Mel_C

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I gave this 3 lippies because it really is a great sunscreen as far as protection goes, but unfortunately it caused my skin to break-out. If you have sensitive skin, you might want to rethink this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2009 7:42:00 PM More reviews by jatkins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff works great. It's super moisturizing and does not smell like sunscreen at all. I use it every morning before I apply my jergens natural glow and then put foundation over it after the lotions set.

I love that this product is made for "sport performance". That means it should last much longer than regular sunscreens. The bottle claims that it last for 80 minutes of nonstop playing hard in the sun and water.

I'm 25 and realize how important it is to protect my skin. I will definitely keep repurchasing this. I think this bottle will last forever since I only apply it to my neck, shoulders, and face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2009 10:19:00 AM More reviews by ias23

♥ i've used coppertone but when i tried this it becomes my HG!
first, i love this coz of the ingredients it has aloe vera, vitE, vitA and no parabens plus it is avotriplex that means it has UVA/UVB protection and spf50..
second, i use this on my face it doesnt cause me any greasiness, sting my eyes or breakouts while on my body it doesnt dried my skin, no white residues or anything.. it feels light and it absorbs into my skin quickly..
third, there's no any chemical or sunscreen odor so it doesnt clash on any prefumes or it doesnt make me smells stink like other sunblock do.
fourth, i think this is really a waterproof one or sweatproof coz after i exercise or run the sunblock is still there like i dont feel it fades away.
fifth, i love how it lasts i dont need to worry to reapply every 1-2 hrs. but still if im really active or i stay longer outdoor i reapply just to be sure..
sixth, the prize is cheap for an effective and multitasking protection..
overall, i love love love how it works on me. i'll definitely buy this again.. ♥♥

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2008 10:43:00 AM More reviews by TropicalyFrozen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really loved this product, it's a awesome all over sunscreen. I hated the packaging though, ever time I would open it some of the sunscreen would come out and you have to hold the sunscreen upright while putting it on or else it would constantly leak out of the bottom. Other than the packaging I loved it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2008 5:52:00 PM More reviews by mercymercyme

I admit ignorance regarding sunscreen components and what makes one sunscreen more or less effective than another. But I am very conscious of which sunscreens appear to work for me. Being biracial, I have pale skin which tends towards the pink and translucent, but I color and burn very slowly. So when I do show a little color, I take that as an indication that I've gotten far too much sun, and I've been very vigilant as of the past few summers to make sure that I'm protected. This summer - my first spent at altitude, where the sun is out consistently, and stronger than it is at sea level - I've been using this product, and I have to say that it has worked. I've worn it during an incredibly sunny and hot long weekend in Santa Fe; I've worn it jogging in the morning; while hanging out for hours at the park, and I haven't had a sunburn on the areas that I've applied it to. I like that when I sweat - which I'm proud to say I do quite a bit, and in abundance - it still works (even though I do reapply it every few hours, when I know I'll have lots of sun exposure). I have yet to try it in the water, but I'll update if performance suffers after an outing at the water park next weekend.

The price is just fine for the high protection and for the amount of product you get. It is a bit greasy, but I've just been applying it instead of body lotion.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2008 1:07:00 AM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

This sunblock is pretty great because it contains their patented AvoTriplex (like Neutrogena's Helioplex but this one doesn't flake/ball off like the Neutrogena's). Therefore, the protection lasts much longer and you don't have to reapply the sunblock that often or at all. I have this in the 50 SPF so it is a little greasy, but the benefits probably outweigh the slight greasy factor. Anyway, I will probably try the 30 SPF the next time around to see if it is more matte. This doesn't break me out. I would repurchase this but will get the 30 next time.