April 17, 2014 | 1870 users online

Deodorants - Drysol - Dab-on Antiperspirant

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by povertyd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hi there! So i had a problem with excessive perspiration since like grade 5.. It was so bad.. I had to wear gross baggy shirts which material didnt show wetness much.. Yeah it was that bad.. I was very insecure and felt like crap all the time.. So i googled stuff for excessive sweating and came across drysol reviews and went out and got it otc for about 20 bucks.. Since then.. I've been able to wear sexy tops and it totally changed my life! After just one application! so I've used the stuff less than 15 times in the past 7 years. When i get a wave of heat i sweat sometimes still. Not too much though.

Update:

March 31/2014

Hi guys so it's been a while since I first reviewed this product. My sweating is still totally under control. I love drysol. But when I have a coat on and a sweater or shirt on underneath I still sweat a bit but oh well. And I can't really wear short sleeved t shirts that are tight on my armpits because I will sweat. No matter how much drysol I use, it doesn't stop the perspiration 100%, but I'm fine with that. :]

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by krystalc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Back in highschool I had very bad anxiety (and raging hormones) that caused me to sweat... a lot. It would start the second I started walking to school and wouldn't quit until I got home. It was absolutely horrible and caused even more anxiety that made me sweat even more! Drysol stopped the sweating but I'm not sure the discomfort was even worth it. It itched, it burned, my armpits were constantly bright red and irritated, and it ATE A HOLE in my pajama shirts even if I used a blowdryer to dry it first. Now, five years later, I don't have problems with sweating at all, and I honestly would not recommend Drysol to anyone other than those with the worst sweating ever.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2012 5:50:00 PM More reviews by rosiepalms

I have had botox under my arms for hyperhydrosis and it cost me $1000 !!!!!!! this product is a very close second. The only reason i rated a 4 is bc it ITCHES LIKE A MOFO!!!!! like grab a fork and scrape your pits!!! Even after using a blowdryer. If i ever have a random thousand bucks hangin around ill b getin the botox!!!!!!! If you are sweaty in the pits, i do recomend giving this a try. BTW its located at the pharmacy behind the counter so u gotta ask the pharmacist.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 1:23:00 PM More reviews by calgaryjjj

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Have suffered for years with wet underarms. Couldnt wear certain shirts, couldnt lift my arms. My normal clothing always included a undershirt, and then between my underarm and undershirt was paper towels which i changed on a regular basis. Tried every anti perspirant
out there, none worked. Then I read about Drysol, and figured what the heck it cant hurt. I applied it as instructed at night , to clean dry armpits, there was a small irritation but it went away. I am Amazed at this stuff!! I wake up in the morning , hit the gym, shower, and apply a small amount of deoderant. Before I couldnt wear certain colors cause of the pit stains I was always weary of lifting my arms. Now I wear whatever I want . light or dark and no wetness at all. If you suffer from any of this change your life and try this Stuff. It really Really works.
It is so nice not having to worry about unsightly pit stain ever ever again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2011 10:08:00 PM More reviews by thevnilly

Only thing that works for me and I've tried everything from all drugstore products, certain dri, etc., and even went to an internist (who clearly didn't understand the heartache people with hyperhidrosis go through, but that's another story!) for special-made deodorant.
You do not need a prescription in the US, if you order from a company like westcoastskin.com
It may seem a little pricey, but the bottle lasts forever and over time you may find like I have, that you need to use it less frequently to maintain control over your sweat. I do wish it came in a roll-on bottle or something, as the dab-on applicator can kinda be inconvenient. But hey, it works like a charm!
If I ever feel a little itchy after it's dried, I just put on a thin layer of my favorite regular deodorant to help soothe it a bit.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2011 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Scarlett0722

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My dermatologist prescribed me this since i have hyperhydrosis. I was told to apply this to clean, dry armpits - and to use a hairdryer to blowdry my pits if need be. Then apply the Drysol and put plastic wrap over it and socks in my pits to hold it there close to the body. This method is too annoying for me. I now just apply it & then blowdry it dry to reduce irritation/itching. I find the itching it causes when i don't blow dry it will keep me awake. It's really annoying. To eradicate perspiration you need to apply this several times a week. Initially it usually cause irritation & redness for me. It's also recommended to do this on not recently shaved areas - so don't shave the day you use it. Besides it being a multi-step product, it still is awesome and I should try to use it more. I do recommend it, as it works better than any antiperspirant you can buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 3:48:00 AM More reviews by hellokatieeeeee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is so cool! all you need to do is dab it on areas where you want to stop perspiration and bam...no more sweat! It's best to do this after a shower and before you go to bed. it does tend to get a lil itchy but nothing too unbearable..just don't scratch. i love this so much! I'm sweat-proof just in time for summer! ohhh, to get this in the US you have to have a prescription but if you live in canada you can just pick it up at your local drugstore or walmart, no prescription needed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2011 1:29:00 PM More reviews by cleogirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This stuff is truly, truly nothing short of AMAZING. If regular deodorant is not working for you, try this. It's about $25 CDN but well worth it as it does last a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2011 9:04:00 PM More reviews by lovebird403

OMG drysol thanks so much! Im 14, and sweating has been a problem for about 3 years for me. I live in Canada, but even when it was -30* celsius outside in the winter, I'd be sweating up a storm. Drysol keeps my underarms nice and dry and free of pit stains!

The only complaint I have about drysol is that it itches like a bitch! However, it is well worth it, with a remedy. If you moisturize your underarms (right after applying drysol & letting it dry) with STRAIGHT petroleum jelly, the itching never happens! it's absolutely great :)

Before drysol, i had tried secretr clinical strength, degree clinical strength, lady spee stick clinical strength, PerspireX, Mitchum, Certain Dry, and multiple guy's products. Nothing worked, and I wasted SOOOOO much money, so Perspirex has been great :)

The price is amazing, considering the fact that you can buy 25 bottles for the price of ONE botox treatment that would only stop sweating for 6 months :)

Good luck trying to stop your sweating, and I HOPE DRYSOL WORKS FOR YOU!!! :) <3

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2011 3:35:00 AM More reviews by Tit4Tat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am one of those people who can get out of the shower, apply typical antiperspirant, wear my clothes and by the time I'm done my makeup, I'm sweating as if I'm caught red-handed at the crime scene. *sigh* I gave Drysol a try figuring something must put me out of the annoying inconvenience my body puts me through, even though you're supposed to be sweating as this is the way of your body detoxing and so forth. Giggling at the idea of having to apply it right before you go to bed with saran wrap around your pits + tight t shirt, I gave it a try anyway, doing the same for my feet (another good reason to do it straight after a shower otherwise it's just plain gross lol). Not very fun but worth it because you don't sweat at all. Basically, you reapply it every 2 days or so and it's recommended to wash your armpits in the morning before you put clothes on as residue may damage clothing. Definitely not recommended to apply right after you shave the armpits, you're supposed to wait 24-48 hours (I guess you gotta douse the stubble and shave it off in the morning lol) but you kind of get a hang of it even though in summer it would be a bit of a peeve since you don't want to wear long sleeves to hide growth. If you're on the desperate end of spectrum and considering botox for excessive sweating, I say give this a try first, it really does work. Or, if you know you will be attending an event where arm flailing is inevitable (night club, getting lined up to catch a bouquet at the wedding etc), then this is also your good friend. I wouldn't recommend it for regular use as your armpits become so dry, they will itch and drive you crazy and may even cause an ingrown hair or two but it would be perfect to use on feet for athletes since you can always moisturize your feet should dryness occur. I paid about $20 CAD, which is worthwhile if you will be using it on occasion but dryness took the best of me so I switched to Dove Clinical Strength which does protect me from wetness but not completely and it loses its potency after a month or so but works well as long as you remember to apply it at night, it's very important. Discomfort is the only reason I am giving this product 3 lippies as well as the packaging because for hygienic reasons you're pretty much stuck with applying it only to one area meanwhile there are identical antiperspirants on the market that come in a small jar in cream-like consistency and you don't have to go through the saran wrap jibba jabba and no stinging effect either so you can apply it anywhere you like.