November 20, 2014 | 1937 users online

Deodorants - Drysol - Dab-on Antiperspirant

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by lucyrox

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am thrilled with how great Drysol works! The main ingredient is 20% aluminum chloride, which is even stronger than any drugstore clinical strength, over-the-counter antiperspirant. My primary physician wrote me a prescription, but I believe you can also buy on-line. The whole key with clinical strength antiperspirants is to apply at night, and not shave the day of application. Drysol has a neat little sponge-tip applicator, which makes over-application very hard. You only need the smallest dabs. I can usually leave the product on at night for about 3-4 hours (which is recommended), and then I'll wash it off, or I will get a rash. Some days I don't even think to use an extra deoderant/antiperspirant in the morning, that's how well Drysol works! When I start to sweat again about every 5 days, then I will use Drysol again at night.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 8:02:00 AM More reviews by Yamiek

I had very bad excessive sweating, especially at school. I'd be walking down the hall and the sweat would be almost unbearable. I got Drysol and it stopped my sweating completely! I put it on once every 2 or 3 days at night before sleeping and it works until the next time i put it on. The only thing I have to complain about is that it itches after you put it on and don't put it on after shaving because it'll burn. This isn't very cheap either, it's about $25 for a small bottle but I can see That it'll last me a while. Great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2012 1:40:00 AM More reviews by bluebelleyes

I've had hyperhydrosis - overactive sweat glands - for around seven years (since grade 8).I suffered through it for two years trying every deodorant out there, including the clinical strength etc. My under-arms and feet are the worst. Constant 24/7 sweating that left wet footprints (even wearing thick wool socks) and huge sweat marks in my tops. I made makeshift absorbing pads for the underarm area of my tops and sewed them into all my shirts. There was a LOT of clothing that I couldn't wear because it would show the sweat too much. Hyperhydrosis is a hugeeee confidence killer, and can really hurt you socially. Finally in grade 10 I went to the doctor and was diagnosed. That night I used drysol on her reccomendation. The next day I was COMPLETELY DRY THE ENTIRE DAY. :) I spent the day with my boyfriend and I was absolutely shocked when I got home and hadn't sweat a drop the entire day. After that my life literally was changed. My confidence came back, along with the wardrobe I'd been missing out on. I joined the cheerleading team, and eventually became cheer captain.

I used it initially every night before bed for one week.
I gradually decreased my usage, now, years later I use it once every two weeks or so to maintain dryness.
Warning: IT BURNS AND STINGS AND ITCHES LIKE NOTHING ELSE ON THE FREAKING PLANET
I've seriously burned my skin several times, but usually it doesn't cause an actual burn, it just itches like nothing else. If you ice it; use a hairdryer after application, or sleep with a comb beside your bed to gently itch the area in the night then it can help lessen the itch; but seriously. This stuff burns. And might keep you awake. But it changed my life, sooooo I'll keep using it forever!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2012 2:49:00 AM More reviews by adrianabanana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have very sweaty palms, and this stuff is really good for controlling it. I put it all over my palms at night (not every day, just when I feel like they're really sweaty) and then wash it off in the morning. But I have to warn you, they will completely dry out your hands (or wherever you put it) to where they're almost cracking. Then you'll feel like you need to moisturize (which kind of defeats the purpose). But once you wash it off, there is almost no sweat. I can go for a few days without sweaty palms after that. So it works really well, but don't put it on everyday because that would be overkill. And also, if you have any cuts, it will burn them.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by povertyd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hi there! So i had a problem with excessive perspiration since like grade 5.. It was so bad.. I had to wear gross baggy shirts which material didnt show wetness much.. Yeah it was that bad.. I was very insecure and felt like crap all the time.. So i googled stuff for excessive sweating and came across drysol reviews and went out and got it otc for about 20 bucks.. Since then.. I've been able to wear sexy tops and it totally changed my life! After just one application! so I've used the stuff less than 15 times in the past 7 years. When i get a wave of heat i sweat sometimes still. Not too much though.

Update:

March 31/2014

Hi guys so it's been a while since I first reviewed this product. My sweating is still totally under control. I love drysol. But when I have a coat on and a sweater or shirt on underneath I still sweat a bit but oh well. And I can't really wear short sleeved t shirts that are tight on my armpits because I will sweat. No matter how much drysol I use, it doesn't stop the perspiration 100%, but I'm fine with that. :]

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by krystalc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Back in highschool I had very bad anxiety (and raging hormones) that caused me to sweat... a lot. It would start the second I started walking to school and wouldn't quit until I got home. It was absolutely horrible and caused even more anxiety that made me sweat even more! Drysol stopped the sweating but I'm not sure the discomfort was even worth it. It itched, it burned, my armpits were constantly bright red and irritated, and it ATE A HOLE in my pajama shirts even if I used a blowdryer to dry it first. Now, five years later, I don't have problems with sweating at all, and I honestly would not recommend Drysol to anyone other than those with the worst sweating ever.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2012 5:50:00 PM More reviews by rosiepalms

I have had botox under my arms for hyperhydrosis and it cost me $1000 !!!!!!! this product is a very close second. The only reason i rated a 4 is bc it ITCHES LIKE A MOFO!!!!! like grab a fork and scrape your pits!!! Even after using a blowdryer. If i ever have a random thousand bucks hangin around ill b getin the botox!!!!!!! If you are sweaty in the pits, i do recomend giving this a try. BTW its located at the pharmacy behind the counter so u gotta ask the pharmacist.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 1:23:00 PM More reviews by calgaryjjj

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Have suffered for years with wet underarms. Couldnt wear certain shirts, couldnt lift my arms. My normal clothing always included a undershirt, and then between my underarm and undershirt was paper towels which i changed on a regular basis. Tried every anti perspirant
out there, none worked. Then I read about Drysol, and figured what the heck it cant hurt. I applied it as instructed at night , to clean dry armpits, there was a small irritation but it went away. I am Amazed at this stuff!! I wake up in the morning , hit the gym, shower, and apply a small amount of deoderant. Before I couldnt wear certain colors cause of the pit stains I was always weary of lifting my arms. Now I wear whatever I want . light or dark and no wetness at all. If you suffer from any of this change your life and try this Stuff. It really Really works.
It is so nice not having to worry about unsightly pit stain ever ever again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2011 10:08:00 PM More reviews by thevnilly

Only thing that works for me and I've tried everything from all drugstore products, certain dri, etc., and even went to an internist (who clearly didn't understand the heartache people with hyperhidrosis go through, but that's another story!) for special-made deodorant.
You do not need a prescription in the US, if you order from a company like westcoastskin.com
It may seem a little pricey, but the bottle lasts forever and over time you may find like I have, that you need to use it less frequently to maintain control over your sweat. I do wish it came in a roll-on bottle or something, as the dab-on applicator can kinda be inconvenient. But hey, it works like a charm!
If I ever feel a little itchy after it's dried, I just put on a thin layer of my favorite regular deodorant to help soothe it a bit.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2011 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Scarlett0722

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My dermatologist prescribed me this since i have hyperhydrosis. I was told to apply this to clean, dry armpits - and to use a hairdryer to blowdry my pits if need be. Then apply the Drysol and put plastic wrap over it and socks in my pits to hold it there close to the body. This method is too annoying for me. I now just apply it & then blowdry it dry to reduce irritation/itching. I find the itching it causes when i don't blow dry it will keep me awake. It's really annoying. To eradicate perspiration you need to apply this several times a week. Initially it usually cause irritation & redness for me. It's also recommended to do this on not recently shaved areas - so don't shave the day you use it. Besides it being a multi-step product, it still is awesome and I should try to use it more. I do recommend it, as it works better than any antiperspirant you can buy.