July 31, 2014 | 1666 users online

Styling Products - John Frieda - Luxurious Volume Thickening Mousse

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by MoG04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't think I've made anything my HG so far, but this is it for mousse!! At least until I find something better. BUT I have tried over 15 different mousse products so this is by far the best. If you want the product to last through the day this is it. I straighten my hair daily and so I need my hair to hold and have good lift at the root and it does it with this! Even when I don't want to straighten it I can use this mousse. I would say there are better curling mousses when u aren't straightening, but this is it for straightening. I actually found this by accident when I went to my grandmas I forgot my mousse and she happened to have this. She didn't have much hair due to chemo so I took this and it did the best lift I've seen! Love love love it!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2012 8:38:00 AM More reviews by heathermrm

Am experimenting w/ volumizing products since my HG was d/c a year ago and I am running out of my backups (David Babaii Volcanic Ash Sculpting Clay). This stuff workx!! I do get volume that in conjunction w/ my hairspray = lasts all day. If I want INSANE volume, I add in a volumizing root powder.

The only reason I'm giving this a 4 instead of a 5 is that it does leave my hair a bit sticky - I can tell there is product in it- but I cement my hair w/ hairspray anyway, so this is most definitely not a deal breaker. If you have long straight hair that you want people to run your fingers thru, be advised this may not be for you. But if you want all day volume, I recommend trying this. However, be warned, there is no lid w/ this bottle (at least there wasn't w/ mine so I'm assuming this to hold true for all) = no traveling w/ this product.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2012 2:07:00 PM More reviews by Donnie130

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Hi when the original of this product came out I loved it. It was great, did not leave my hair sticky, just gave me lots of volume. They changed the packaging and evidently changed the product.
Why do all these companies change the formula?
I have thin baby fine frizzy hair and am looking for anything that will help without the sticky feeling or making it look dirty a few hours later.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by JosephineC

So impressed and pleasantly surprised! Tons of volume and thickening that works with my long hair. Best when blow dried - but it still volumizes when used in damp hair. My hair gets pretty oily too and this doesn't add to it at all. I doubt I will find anything better for the price - $7.99 and it has lots of product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by MsHepburn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So far, the only acceptable volumizing mousse I have come across. No crunchiness/dryness/lack of movement/tangles with this. However, my hair is extremely difficult... it is quite glossy, but that also means that nothing freakin' sticks. My hair is poker straight and it won't go any other shape. This mousse lifts it a tiny bit for a few hour but not much... But I will take what I can get because my hair is impossible to texturize without making it into a sticky mess first.

I am on the fence about whether I would buy this again. Probably yes, because my hair just needs that little boost. But my hair usually looks it's best a day after washing, with a little dry shampoo in it.

The day after I used this stuff I badly needed to wash my hair again because it had gotten very greasy, normally I can go one day without washing, but this time dry shampoo wouldn't have cut it.

So I guess this makes my limp hair just a tiny bit less limp and I will have to settle for that for now, since I haven't found a better product (and I have seriously tried a lot!)

Edit 7 April 2012: Scratch that. Not buying it again, this does nothing for me. I thought it did but then I saw a picture of myself where I had used it, and my hair looked just as limp if not limper than normal. Maybe if you blowdry this will be better but I am simply too lazy for that... A stciking with dry shampoo for volumising from now on/ This stuff makes my hair really greasy after a few hours.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2012 9:56:00 AM More reviews by violetmist

Fair Warning: I am about to hoarde this product. Kerastase will not be getting $35. per can from me any more! I would not abandon it because it really was the best around - good volume, lasting hold, soft and imperceptible to the touch. I tried to find substitutes for years but finally, finally came up with this. It performs exactly as well as Kerastase for $7.50.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2011 11:25:00 PM More reviews by ilikeegg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wasn't that impressed with this product but using this on one side of my head and the super cheap Garnier volumizing mousse sealed the deal for me.

Save your money and go get the $2.50 Garnier one. They both have the same mostly disappointing results. Although it doesn't have the cheap fruity smell of Garnier.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2011 8:37:00 PM More reviews by missrish22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good product, not the best. But great for lifting and creating volume at the roots. Great for long hair as it gives body and great texture, but doesn't all all day/night. Maybe my hair is heavy, not too sure but it's still worth trying. $15 AUD is affordable for the results you can achieve. Would use it again but hopefully I do find something better.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2011 8:19:00 AM More reviews by mayyami

I use this mousse after I wash my hair and I massage a bit on the crown of my roots and blow dry my hair upside down. It gives my crown a good (but natural) boost, otherwise, my hair is pretty flat. The volume usually goes down by the 2nd or so day.

Bad point was that I had about 1/4 or less left in the bottle and one day when I tried to pump the mousse out, it was all watery and wouldn't form. I had to throw it out.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2011 10:12:00 PM More reviews by cdesla1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really liked the last bottle I had, but I recently re-purchased and I am not liking this mousse. It comes out a little watery and weighs my hair down. It's better than not using anything on my fine/thin/oily/straight hair, but that's not saying a whole lot. I wonder if they reformulated this recently, or perhaps I got a bad bottle...