MAC Patisserie

4.3

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I will update the more I wear this.

The only two Mac lipsticks I own are angel and hue. Both are well loved and use them everytime I go do something "fun" like go out with friends, or out for dinner or on a night out. I have very pigmented lips so they are brilliant at lifting my lips. As well as those two lipsticks, I am a sucker for all nudey pale pink toned lipsticks. This is the type of colour I gravitate towards but is not what necessarily suits me. .

As time has progressed and my makeup tastes have changed, I have increasingly craved a more toned down makeup look. I have realised that pale lipsticks actually wash me out and look harsh and unnatural, especially since I always like to go for a full-on eye look. And cool pinks look horrible on me so I really don't know what I was thinking. The brown-ey nude colour that Kylie Jenner wears has everyone going crazy for brown lips but since mine are so pigmented already, that type of colour scares me at little. It is exactly what I try to get away from when trying lipsticks as my lips pull brown and dark already. But I do love that natural, not too over-powering look she has going on.

I didn't go into mac intending to buy Patessierie but I gave it a try on my lips and liked it instantly on me. It brightened up my face a little! A tad bit lighter than my natural lips, but not too brown, not too nude, not too pink, not too dark, not too light. As someone else said, its just right! It does still have a pink tone in it, which is why I think I like it and not as scared of the brown tone. But it isn't cool - and it isn't so warm and rosy to look like a grandma lipstick either. This lipstick is perfect to wear everyday for uni or work because it doesn't scream over-done and it isn't over-the top at all. But it's just something extra, giving you a more polished look. Love it! No, its not a "look at me" lipstick, but it does help achieve fresh-faced and polished make-up, especially if you need to look professional.

The lasting power isn't good at all though, I feel like I need to constantly think about re-applying which isn't ideal. And of course it comes clean off after eating, but I suppose that its to be expected. Otherwise I am very happy with my purchase so far :)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Is it possible that this shade has been reformulated? I purchased this recently and don't see any giant glitter particles at all and numerous reviewers have commented on the extensive glitter. It's a very pretty and sheer pink on me (NC 25/30). It's not that different from my natural lip colour but provides a nice sheen. I love it for every day!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Love the color and lustres are my favorite MAC finish but honestly it is so chunky I loathe putting it on. There's glitter particles embedded in the lipstick that I just can't stand. I'll be happy when it's gone and I can back to Mac it.

This is honestly my favourite MAC Lipstick to date. The formula is extremely buttery, with a hint of gloss. The colour works extremely well with my fair skin tone, and I feel like it is a colour that I could purchase again and again.
I would recommend this lipstick to anyone who is thinking of starting out with MAC!

Patisserie was first launched with the Euristocrats II Collection in 2009. After that collection it was only available via MAC's website and Pro stores. It was re-released in 2014 and is now permanent at all locations...yea! MAC Patisserie (Lustre) is a sheer, glossy, neutral pinky nude. I'm about an NC20 and have naturally soft pinky toned lips, and I don't detect any brown or peach tones in this lipstick. On me, Patisserie is that elusive shade of soft creamy pink...gorg! There's a hint of shimmer in the tube, which is barely detectable on my lips. I'm down to a nub and I will most definitely repurchase!

I am very pale and blonde, and this color looks really pretty on me. It is a pink lipstick but more like a peach color. Not a screaming `hey I am pink` but a soft, peachy pink. Looks very natural and pretty. However I won`t buy it again, because it is kinda drying and sits in the little lines on my lips. I don`t like that. I normally buy Estee Lauder or Dior (of course, twice the price) but I find them a much better formula, much more moisturizing and they never make those lines worse, actually they make my lips more even and smooth. So therefore if you have dry lips, this might not be the best for you. But the color is pretty for sure.

I love this lipstick so much, it's one of the most versatile shades I own. This lipstick applies so naturally, only applying a little bit of colour and sheen meaning it goes with any makeup, outfit or hairstyle. I do find that I need to keep on applying the product throughout the day but it's not so bad because I always carry whatever lipstick I'm wearing with me. I'm not a fan of lipgloss because they're always so floppy and sticky, lipsticks have a much smoother feel and this particular product gives the closest lip gloss look without actually being a gloss.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

It looks really natural on my lips which i really like. Also it smells really nice. I think it is a great nudy/natural lipstick with a little bit of pinky undertone in it, also looks really nice on medium/olive/tan skins because with some other nudy lipsticks i look like im dead. But this is a great lipstick recommend it to anyone who is afraid of looking pale with nude lipsticks. I think it looks great on all skin types.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I was actually a little bit gutted when I first bought Patisserie- I hadn't noticed the glitter in the store and was disappointed when I noticed it has big honking, hefty gold glitter chunks running through it. It's quite strange really because the lipstick doesn't benefit from the glitter at all. It's actually not really that perceptible when you wear it (look at online swatches, it's not at all obvious)- it doesn't give it a shimmery effect, they are just there, particularly when the majority of it has worn off....

Anyway- looking past the glitter, this is a lovely MLBB shade. I'd describe it as a nude but with a bit of life to it. Sort of pinky, almost a touch of mauve to it- it is lighter than my natural lip colour. It is a great lip to pair with a more dramatic eye, or when you want to wear makeup without being very obvious about it.

Formula and lasting power is equal to all the other lustre shades in the line.

I really like it, I don't know if I *love* it yet but it is getting plenty of use. Particularly when I can't think of what lipstick to wear; I seem drawn to this as a 'go with every look' sort of shade.

This is like my lip colour and it looks really natural. I feel like it goes with many looks and it's very wearable. As for the glitter issue, I really don't mind it and I don't notice left over glitter on my lips when the colour has worn off :/ I'm not in love with the formula because even though it has a shiny/glossy finish, it feels drying. Not my favourite formulation but I really love the colour.

Recommended for Medium Skin