April 17, 2014 | 1010 users online

Moisturizers - Atopalm MLE Face Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2008 4:06:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used to have oily skin, but when I turned 30 and started using Differin Gel and Shiseido SPF 55 Lotion. My skin started to dry out, and my previous favorite moisturizer, Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Moisture Gel, just wasn't providing enough moisture anymore. I tried quite a few different moisturizers (including the other three PC ones), but they didn't hydrate enough, were too heavy and/or greasy, or irritated my sensitive skin. I kept hearing great things about Atopalm MLE Face Cream, but I was hesitant to try it because it isn't fragrance free. However, I finally took the plunge and ordered it from skinstore.com. Now I wish I hadn't waited so long to try it. It makes a huge difference in the moisture level of my skin so that it is no longer flaky. Yet it is lightweight and doesn't cause me to break out. I use it in the morning before my Shiseido sunscreen and in the evening after my Differin. I do wish that it were fragrance free. I don't particularly like the fragrance, but fortunately, it dissipates quickly and doesn't seem to irritate my skin. Overall, I expect to repurchase this for years to come.

Ingredients: Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Myristoyl /Palmitoyl Oxostearamide/Arachamide MEA, PEG-15 Glyceryl Stearate, Grape Seed Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, PEG-10 Glyceryl Stearate, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Squalane, Allantoin, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, BHT, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Bisabolol, Calcium Lactate, Dimethicone, Licorice Root Extract, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Decyl Esters, Mannan, Methylparaben, Panthenol, Propylparaben, Sodium Lactate, Stearic Acid, Sunflower Decyl Esters, Tocopheryl Acetate, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance.
Note: These are the ingredients as listed on the packaging, which differs slightly from those listed on skinstore.com's web site. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2008 9:44:00 PM More reviews by willozza

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have really dry skin and get flaky skin quite abit especially when I used foundation. I saw this recommended in the book Skin Type Solutions and checked the Makeupalley reviews. It seemed quite good for dry skin and considering the mid end price, I decided to give it a go.

I found the texture quite light and seems to moisturises my face. Because it is not heavy at all, i sometimes wonder whether it is hydrating on my face at all. But then after using foundation, my face does not flake at all. I started using this a couple of months ago in Autumn Australia and then now it's heading towards Winter. My face is still really nice and not flakey at all.

I recommended this if you have dry skin like me. Also, I have found that it has made parts of my face less red. However, the change has not been siginifcant.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2008 12:29:00 PM More reviews by ingiepop

Sorry to break the positive streak, but I had a major bad reaction to this cream. I tried it once in the evening on one side of my face and woke up to a bunch of upset red little bumps on that side that took a week to subside. I'm so glad I did a test spot instead of using this all over my face! I totally realize that when it comes to sensitive skin care, YMMV, so I wouldn't say this moisturizer is terrible; it obviously works for a lot of people. I suppose the purpose of my review is to just remind you to ALWAYS do a test spot first before trying a new product all over.

As for the product itself, it had a very nice light texture and no appreciable smell. So it's certainly worth a try - a small try ; )

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2008 12:27:00 PM More reviews by fannyfarmer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very sensitive and dry skin in the winter time and I purchased Atopalm MLE skin cream from SkinStore.com. It is a non-reactive, non-greasy soothing cream that is a great moisturizer, especially in the drier months. Atopalm is manufactured by a Korean company that makes a number of sensitive skin products. If the cream is too heavy, there is also a lotion that is thinner that you can use in the warmer months. Atopalm is also available in a body cream and is great for scaly patches, dermatitis and eczema. I have used the foaming pump cleanser as well and it is also great for sensitive and reactive skin but cleans very well. I do love this line, and the packaging is great. I highly recommend it as a moisturizer for sensitive skin that won't make you break out and it doesn't sting. Way better than B. Kamins or Eucerin Redness Relief, both of which I have tried. I always have a tube of the face cream for when I have redness disasters! Great for Rosacea skin.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2008 12:03:00 PM More reviews by girliegirl323

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff. It's so light but it moisturizes really well. Moisturizers are either too heavy, resulting in oily or greasy skin, or so light that they are pretty much useless. I use this during the day and the MLE cream at night. Another thing - a lot of moisturizers tend to irritate my sensitive skin. There's too much scent, etc. This cream feels soothing and calms my skin unlike so many others I have tried in the past. It is a bit pricey (why is this always the case with my favorite items!), I have repurchased.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
UPDATE:After learning about the harmful chemicals commonly used in beauty products from such website as ewg.org and safecosmetics.org, I no longer use this product. Check it out for yourself. It was a real eye-opener for me. I ended up throwing out so many products (that cost a lot of money), but now that I limit myself to buying only "green" products, I don't spend nearly as much money on products as I used to. Don't be afraid to educate yourself.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2008 1:02:00 AM More reviews by kylesmom27

This is one of my favorite moisturizers and I love that it's in a tube instead of a tub! It's very soothing when my skin is irritated but isn't greasy or heavy. No breakouts even though I'm acne/rosacea prone. I'm DSNW for reference, extremely sensitive. Very faint scent that discipates quickly.

Ingredients:
Aqua, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Myristoyl Oxostearamide/Arachamide MEA, PEG-15 Glyceryl Stearate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Macadamia Ternifoliaseed Oil, PEG-10 Glyceryl Stearate, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Squalane, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Calcium Lactate, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Decyl Esters, Mannan, Sodium Lactate, Sunflower Decyl Esters, Tocopheryl Acetate, Allantoin, Bisabolol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Methylparaben, Panthenol, Xanthan Gum, Propylparaben, Stearic Acid, BHT, Essential Oil, Fragrance