November 21, 2014 | 1798 users online

Eye Shadow - Mary Kay - Mineral Eye Color-Granite

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2009 10:11:00 PM More reviews by sunlee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This color is very unique and gorgeous. It's shimmery with gray, taupe, silver, bronze, colors. It makes a beautiful lid color. I've been really impressed with the quality of MK's eye shadows: they're really concentrated and intense, but go on silky-smooth.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2009 9:20:00 PM More reviews by princessgracie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this! OHMG! I consider myself a snob when it comes to this stuff. I will buy Merle Norman at times, but otherwise its Dior, EL or MAC. This stuff can hang with the best of them. This color is a unique gray, brown, taupe shimmer all mixed into one. I love this and mix it with purples, pinks, and browns. Will buy again and again. Love the new packaging that is magnetic!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2009 8:45:00 PM More reviews by mjoy14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my fave taupe eye shadow. It goes on very nicely... I like all of the MK Mineral eye shadows!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2009 8:24:00 PM More reviews by thesavagefamily

I have all brands of eyeshadows, from WnW to Chanel, Dior, and Guerlain, so of course I have some MK also! I am reviewing the new mineral shadow in granite. It comes in a very small magnetic pan in a plastic shell case. The color reminds me of MAC Smoke & Diamonds--a grey/taupe frost. It looks different depending on the colors it is paired with--more taupe when I wear it with Stila kitten, brown when I add it to Chanel Shimmering Dunes, and grey when mixed with Dior Tropical Light. For the price, I will definately try more colors. The shadow wears well and goes on smoothly. I definately recommend trying this color if you love taupes!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2008 3:37:00 PM More reviews by megharp17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this eyeshadow after trying it at a friend's marry kay party. I loved the way it looked on my eyes. Sometimes, depending on what I am wearing, it looks either grey or brown. It stays on all day. It is in a small package. You can buy more and fill one of the new MK palettes, but as a college student, I did not feel like spending that much money! I have had it for over six months, using it frequently, and you can barely see a dip in the product. A little bit really goes a long way! I will be buying some again, of I ever run out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2008 7:25:00 PM More reviews by Hillarryyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

In some lighting it looks grey,others brown. Good pay off.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2008 1:27:00 PM More reviews by meggan0903

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this new Mary Kay mineral eyeshadow in granite! In the catalog this color appears gray, but it is not gray at all. It is a deep brown. It is also shimmery, which is very nice and helps it to glide along the lid with ease for blending. In comparison to MAC eyeshadows, I would say the shimmer is a cross between a frost and a luster finish. The new mineral eyeshadows are much more pigmented than the older version. Even though the new eyeshadow pans are smaller than the old ones, a little bit goes a long way, so the difference is trivial. I will be buying this again when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2008 10:21:00 PM More reviews by ABCirillo

I really wish they wouldn't have made the new products so much smaller and from what I'm hearing Talc is not so great (I'll need to look into this a bit).. but as for the color I personally LOVE it (my favorite of the new and old ones) and it stays put most of the day on me and doesn't take as much as the old colors to cover (which is why I'm assuming they are so tiny). I'm definatly buying more of this color though.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2008 11:50:00 AM More reviews by jenf77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The color looks gray in the brochure and on the website, but it has much more brown in it when put on. It is about the same color as the Mary Kay eyeliner in taupe. The texture and quality seems great; the only reason it got four stars is that it is very shimmery (a little too much for my taste) and it takes quite a bit since the color isn't very intense. Putting another color under it and using this to add some iridescence seems to work best. The reduction in size from the old Mary Kay eyecolors is disappointing, but still a good deal compared to similar products from other brands.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2008 6:58:00 PM More reviews by lnrocmor

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this Mary Kay eye shadow in Granite! It makes a nice smokey eye or can be applied for a lighter taupe gray color. Mary Kay has 6 new mineral eye shadow colors. I like most of them for my skin color. I LOVE that the shadow container is magnatized. There is a new magnetic compact that holds your choice of color cosmetics. Very chic!!!!!