April 18, 2014 | 1851 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - Bamboo Blush Brush

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2013 12:27:00 AM More reviews by ShawTee843

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ughhh I really liked this brush at first!! I heard really good things about this brand and I needed a new brush to apply my blush/ bronzer and I bought this because I love the Eco-friendly quality and the fibers were so soft and silky! The price was fabulous too! Unfortunately, none of that matters bc this brush was absolute garbage!!!! I had the damn thing for about a week and all the sudden the bristles were coming out in chunks! I mean, CHUNKS!! No exaggeration. It just seemed so cheaply put together! I had hardly used it! It seems like the company just gathered the fibers together, and wrapped metal around them to hold them together and didn't bother to adhere them to anything in any way, so they just slid out! So disappointing. Hopefully, I just got a crappy brush and this isn't a common occurrence bc I've never had anything like that happen before and I've definitely owned cheaper quality brushes than this. I just had to say something bc it was ridiculous and something that I never thought I would ever experience and I felt that it was my civic duty to share my story so others could be warned before they potentially waste their money. I was actually very generous with my 2 lippies.. Bc honestly, what happened to me was not cool.. Having said that.. I don't *think* that this is a common occurrence with these brushes and hopefully I was just a randomly unlucky person. If that didn't happen, I would have been pleased with the brush. It was very soft, with a sturdy handle and I appreciated the eco-friendly quality. If you decide to purchase, do so with caution and keep your receipt!!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2013 10:03:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I bought the blush brush to use for powder since the powder blush that Ecotools makes is a little larger than I like in a powder brush. I really love Ecotools brushes with the exception of the bronzer brush so its no surprise that I like this. The bristles are really soft, its not too dense or sparse and best of it...it does not shed! Would recommend.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

I had high hopes for this brush. I prefer to use blush brushes to set my foundation with powder, but this one is not quite cutting it. I find that the bristles- as dense as they appear to be- are actually quite flimsy... which makes it difficult for me to pick up product (I use a pressed powder to finish) and deposit it evenly on my face. The brush bristles bend when I touch it to the powder, and then they are in a flattened position when I am trying to apply it to my face. I really don't like that about this brush. If anybody has any recommendations for a good, dense, blush brush (similar to the MAC 129)... that holds its form in use and doesn't shed hairs all over your face (::ahem:: MAC 129 !!!)... send me a private message with your suggestion so I can check it out! My favorite used to be the Sonia Kashuk 02 brush, but Target doesn't seem to carry that one anymore (or SK stopped making it), and mine are very old and started shedding hairs all over the place. The MAC 129 is pricey and also is a big time shedder for me... right from the start! Bobbi Brown's handle is too long for my taste, and I don't like Sephora's blush & powder brushes, either. I just can't find the right one for my needs! :o(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2013 6:38:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

If this was 2/3 of its size, it would be perfect for blush, but as it is, it is too big for my normal-size face.
If you'd like to use it for powder, I'd say it's too small and not fluffy enough for that (too dense). It is fairly nice for bronzer, but again not the ideal shape and not my go-to for that either.
No complaints regarding quality, it's soft and hasn't shed once, but it's not not the right size and density for any product, which means I only ever reach for it if all my other brushes are dirty.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Shelbsca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Hmm I'm not quite sure what everyone loves about this blush brush. It's way to big to apply blush. I had to work with this for months to actually get used to this brush because it makes applying blush so much more difficult. It does pick up a lot of color, and the brush seems good quality, and it'll work temporarily until I find a better blush brush, so that's why I gave it two stars.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by jorates

Great brush. I am not the great brush expert, but I can tell this ones pleases me: it is dense, soft, has a great shape and a good handle. No fallouts. Blends the blush as I would like and picks up the exact amount intended, be it more or less.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by tutlitu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's a nice brush, but not my favourite EcoTools brush. I use it for its intended purpose; to apply blush, but I find that it doesn't pick up as much product as I'd like, and the brush straws don't keep together that well. It's still a good blush brush for the price though, but not the best I've tried. No shedding, which is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Adi96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this for setting foundation, applying my blush, any bronzer, and even powder foundation. This literally does everything. If you don't have this brush, you're missing out big time! And nothing's better than Eco friendly tools and make up! ^_^

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by RobinFace

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's a great blush brush. Goes on perfectly and much better than E.L.F

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2012 8:34:00 PM More reviews by nadeen4ever

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

to me this is the best POWDER - not blush - brush ..i use it whenever i wanna set my foundation with a really LIGHT coat of powder.It picks up the perfect amount of powder and blends it in amazingly.it works great for that ..it is the softest brush i ever felt on my face