December 19, 2014 | 814 users online

Treatments (Face) - Tanda Skincare System

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2012 11:17:00 PM More reviews by leh529

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was always on the fence about this product and even though i returned it I am still not sure about it. I am sure this would work for some people but it really wasnt the miracle I had been hoping for. If you have more than 3-4 pimples then this product is not for you. Since you have to treat every pimple individually it took a ton of time to do my entire face and I did not see any miracles after a week and a half of 2x a day use. My bestfriend also bought it and loves it but her face is clearer then mine. I just didnt have the time to be spending 15-20 mins every morning and night standing there zapping zits when an acne gel can clear my face in less time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2012 11:48:00 AM More reviews by ilovethe80s87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This review is for the small TANDA ZAP with blue light:
I guess I would say that I do not regret my $50 purchase. I'm not in love with it, but I don't hate it by any means. If I use this on a pimple as soon as I can feel it starting to form, it will usually keep it at bay. It won't miraculously vanish, but it won't get any bigger and it won't form a head. But let's say I don't use it immediately after noticing the pimple is there; I use it on the pimple that does begin to form and it speeds up the formation and healing of the pimple. So instead of suffering with the pimple for a week, it's only there for about 3-4 days (depending on the size). I don't use this as a treatment for my entire face, just as a spot treatment, which is why I like the small hand-held version. I usually apply a little benzoyl peroxide on the pimple first, then use the tanda zap for two or three cycles each time (this one kicks off automatically after two minutes) a few times during the day. It really keeps the pain of my pimples to a minimum and it works pretty well to keep pimples from becoming massive disgusting volcanos on my face. I'd recommend buying this from somewhere that you can return it if you're not satisfied with the results, as it works for some people but doesn't for others.

Oh, and it goes through batteries pretty quickly, so buy alot of AAAs

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2012 5:07:00 PM More reviews by tricia_g_c

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the Tanda Blue for acne. Is this the miraculous product that they claim it to be. Uhhh, no. I tell you what it does for me. It feels nice because it's warm. When I had a painful pimple, it would actually take away some of the pain with the warmth. And, it seems to decrease the healing time. But otherwise, it does nothing. I cannot stand the time it takes to use this on your whole face. It's all fine when you want to spot treat there were areas that I was prone to breakout and even if there was no breakout, I'd feel like I should use it there to prevent breakouts. 3 minutes for each cycle and to use it on 4 to 5 areas is just too much time. I used to use it as I lay in bed just before sleep or just as I woke up.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2012 12:12:00 PM More reviews by releets

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This review is for the Tanda Luxe Red Light. I bought this yesterday so I cannot comment on what it is/ is not doing for my skin - hoping for it to make my rosacea a bit better, pores smaller, and tackle a few age spots - but I can comment on use, its function, and so on.

I was intially very tempted to buy the Baby Quasar but I live in Calgary, Canada and no stores sell it, have to buy online. Now being an impatient type when it comes to beauty gadgets I somewhat impulsivley bought it from a Shoppers Drug Mart, $205 and a return policy of 30 days. Not bad.

I followed the instructions that came with it and have not had an issue with the battery so far...I used it for 45 min last night and again for 45 min this morning. The only complaint I have (and I think others have metioned it as well), is that it seems fiddley....When I try to put it directly on my nose it will not work....maybe the device needs to be in contact with all skin and not just some? I think the triangular head on it does make it easier to get into some places, but if it wont work in all places, not so good.

For myself - everybody is different - I have no problem at all with the warmth that it generates - does not make my face go red, and I have rosacea and do go red when exersicing, hot tubs, bath tubs, hot climates.

I think I will still purchace the baby q online as there as been far more positve reviews
swirrling around the internet than for the tanda. Willl update either way!

*update* reviewed too soon. This product DID leave my face red - last thing a person with rosacea needs - I used it faithfully for a week and the returned it because it left my face red almost every time. I bought the baby q online last night for 319 US dollars at Arivia Skincare using the promo code RE20. Will review when it arrives.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2011 5:07:00 PM More reviews by Chocolatedippedstrawberri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this because around my period I get a cyst that seems to last for 2 weeks. I thought if I used this, it would prevent the pimple from occuring. Boy was I wrong! Not only did this not help in preventing my pimple, it made my skin WORSE! I normally get 1-2 pimples a month, sometimes cysts, sometimes just clogged pores, but this gave me the worst skin in like 10 years! I had five HUGE angry swollen cysts in the areas I used it on on in less than a week period. I used as directed, 3 minutes twice a day, but it didn't work for me. After I stopped using it, my skin cleared up and the cysts are almost completely gone now and no new pimples, but I still have the red marks there. I returned this to Sephora for a full refund.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2011 10:24:00 AM More reviews by mariswee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using the tanda blue light for a few years now. Through months of trial and error I feel like I've found the best way to use it. Firstly, I threw out all the creams/lotions it came with. Secondly, DONT OVER USE IT. I found if I used it for too long, it would get hot, cause my skin to sweat and cause huge breakouts. I'm in my late 20s and have dealt with cystic acne for what seems like forever. I have tried literally everything, and spent thousands of dollars. The tanda has helped for prevention more then healing breakouts. I use it one in the morning after I wash my face, one session for the right side, one session for the left side. I also started using products from inlovewithbodycare.com ... i use their cleanser and their marigold miracle cream. They work AWESOME!! Definitely has transformed my skin. They products are all natural and made by a bunch of sisters. I order the stuff online. I feel like this "combination therapy" of tanda and really amazing facial products have healed my cystic acne. Woohoo!!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by rcmp1234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i had very high hopes for this product considering the number of positive reviews i have read online. i purchased both the blue and red light which costed me over $300. i've been using this product every day at least twice daily for almost a month already and i have seen minimal results. the product claims to work wonders and can reduce a pimple in just 24 hours but the reality is that its complete bogus. i used this on my mild/moderate acne and it hasnt lived up to the hype - it may have had a plecebo effect, and may have helped a pimple or two but it takes about the same amount of time for the pimple to go down by itself. i also used benzoyl peroxide which is MUCH MORE effective than this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2011 8:23:00 PM More reviews by jaya22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just wanted to add something about the battery problems everyone is having. I had similar problems with an electric toothbrush and felt silly when I realised what I had done. I make sure I don't do the same with the tanda. When you recharge - don't put it in the charger when the orange light comes on! Your unit will still be on and not take a full charge properly. Make sure you press the button to switch it off before you put it in the charger. A friend bought it the same time as me and she said it would only last a few seconds before switching itself off again. I happened to mention it to her because of my previous experience with the toothbrush.
She now has no problem and it takes a full charge - Hope this helps some of you.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2011 4:36:00 PM More reviews by Michaelangelo22

this is mainly for the blue one. If you are committed, this will transform your skin. When i use this, it definitely clears me up, i just hate sitting there with a light on my face. it gets annoying after a month of using. but if you can stand that and are willing to use it frequently, it will give you the acne free face you've always wanted. the red light is also with post acne scars and any kind of hyperpigmentation.this product is expensive but very well justified. if cost about 200-500 dollars per session in a dermatologist office or by esthetician. this is 250 for about 5000 sessions. VERY ECONOMICAL.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2011 7:52:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm using the Zap by Tanda - and it's amazing! just got it a few days ago and I'm pretty much stunned by how well it works. Sorry if this is an 'over-share' but I've got PMS and some nasty breakouts...and the Zap completely eliminated them within 24 hours. I thought it would speed up healing, but it completely eliminated them. No marks, they are faded and it didn't dry my skin or irritate it.
I highly recommend this product! At $50 CDN (got mine at Sephora) it is meant to last at least 1000 uses, and I'll definitely buy it again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No