December 20, 2014 | 831 users online

Shampoo - Dove - Go Fresh Cucumber & Green Tea Cool Moisture Shampoo for Normal Hair

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2011 11:27:00 PM More reviews by JenniferDeann

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have fine, dry, color-treated hair so finding a shampoo that moisturizes without weighing my hair down has been very difficult. I do like the way this shampoo lathers, but it leaves my hair feeling too heavy no matter what conditioner I use afterwards. My hair comes out in my hands while I'm rinsing which can't be good. And I noticed that my hair color faded after a very short time. Not sure what I'm going to do with the rest of the huge bottle I got, and I'm not repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by phalaenopsis_619

It has a very pleasant smell and lathers pretty well. It's a pretty good buy in the drugstore.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2011 5:34:00 PM More reviews by klpezl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

First of all, I LOVE the way this stuff smells! It's sweet and refreshing. It also leaves my hair shiney and soft and managable. For whatever reason people like to pet my hair, and I always get compliments on how soft it is, which in part is due to this shampoo. Due to the fact that I've been coloring my hair so much in the last couple months, I can go days without washing my hair and it doesn't look greasy. The best part about this shampoo? The scent lingers for days in between washes, so my hair smells nice and sweet even on the days I don't wash it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2011 11:17:00 AM More reviews by mmarrs

This does a good job on my hair and does not leave a residue however it has a strange consistency and it does not lather up well and I have to use alot of product to wash my hair. But I would buy again

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2010 4:40:00 PM More reviews by PinkMargarita

This shampoo smells wonderful and leaves hair bouncy and soft. It also provides a good amount of moisture without weighing hair down. Decently priced too (I purchased a huge bottle with a salon pump for only $6 at Costco)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2010 7:30:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

This shampoo and conditioner is amazing. I've been struggling with dry ends/oily roots and unmanageable hair for months. I figured I'd give my shampoo a switch since I was using the same brand for about 3 years now and my hair is transformed into silky smooth, straight, managable hair thats unbelievably soft to the touch. Its so clean looking and the scent is a great clean fresh smell that lingers in your hair long after you wash and dry it. I find the shampoo lathers really well with not a lot of product and actually makes my hair feel like its being cleaned.

This is the first Dove shampoo I tried and I'm not sure what made me pick this up off the shelf but I'm glad I did. The price is reasonable too...about $8CDN for a large bottle thats likely to last me for a very long time. My hair is about mid down my back, dry ends, oily roots and a bit on the thin side. If you have my kinda hair this may work for you so give it a try :).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2010 11:34:00 PM More reviews by goofyhusky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have this in a really large bottle and having been using it for 6 months now, it has repeatedly failed to satisfy me, I finally decided to buy a new shampoo and use the remaining for cleaning.

ease of use: 3/5. Need a lot to lather.
cleanliness: 1/5. Hair gets dirty sooner than usage with other shampoo.
fragrance: 5/5. I can barely smell it, so that's fine.
feel after wash: 1/5. It doesn't really give that refreshed clean/smooth feeling after wash.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 1:16:00 AM More reviews by mistyaqua

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I originally bought this shampoo after seeing the commercials that claimed that it "energized you". I fantasized about it waking me up in the morning.

When I first bought this, I loved the smell. Loved! The original green packaging was beautiful. After about 4 months of using it, I swapped back to my old favorite Pantene shampoo and conditioner, just because I saw that it was on sale at Walmart. Big mistake. It really made me appreciate this shampoo and how silky and manageable it made my hair. My hair felt like it did when I was a child, before I color treated it.

Over the course of a few years, I tried all of the other Dove shampoos, and something about this specific formula (not the lemongrass one, even though it's also part of the "Go fresh!" line) does something amazing for my hair. It makes it smooth and silky, especially when combined with the Biosilk product that I use in my damp hair after I brush it out.

Another thing that I like about this shampoo: I don't have to swap shampoos every two months anymore. Usually after using a shampoo for a few months, my hair will begin to get greasy at the top more rapidly and dry and damaged on the bottom. This occurs due to product buildup. I am aware that there are measures that you can take to prevent product buildup (such as using Neutrogena's Anti-Residue shampoo every week), but with this specific Dove shampoo, I notice that I get virtually no product buildup. I have seen other Dove commercials where women wash mirrors with Dove soap and generic soap, and the Dove soap leaves no product behind while the generic brand does. I think that product buildup is something Dove really pledges to prevent in their products, although I did notice mild product buildup after going through a bottle of the Dove Moisturizing shampoo... however, I have no complaints with any of the other lines.

I would like to say here... Everyone has different hair, and I think that shampoo is a very personal thing. This shampoo did not work for my mom, who has dry, wavy hair. She also has a very sensitive scalp, and it made her scalp oily and flakey. My hair waves when it's humid, but is otherwise pretty straight. I've always had medium-thick hair that is shiny, and a scalp that is on the oily side. If your hair is similar to mine, I would definitely recommend trying this shampoo and conditioner out.

Now I'm not sure what they did with the fragrance or packaging, but now I can only find skinny white bottles of the stuff, and it does not smell anything like it used to... Which is really a shame, because that was one of the things I really enjoyed about this product. The shampoo doesn't really have a nice smell; it's just a very mild soapy clean smell. The new conditioner smells musty and reminds me of a swamp or a moldy closet. Yuck. Maybe I just got a bad bottle of the stuff, but it really turns me off. The formulation still does wonders for my hair though, and I will continue to use it religiously despite the smell. This product used to leave my hair with a very pleasant, light scent of the shampoo. With the new (and icky smelling formula) it will NOT leave a scent in your hair, thank God. Even if it did leave an icky scent, I think that I would still put up with it, just because I love the line that much.

I believe that the packaging changed due to the bad economy. I've noticed that a lot of companies have changed their packaging to sell less of a product for the same price that it would usually be bought for. The original bottle was slightly larger. I suspect that the fragrance of the shampoo has also changed for the same reasons. The price has also been on the rise ever since it came out.

Really quite a shame that it's changed, I fancied it so much more when it was a new line. I will continue buying this though, and will stay very loyal to this line until it is discontinued or I find something that works significantly better for the same price.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2010 12:15:00 PM More reviews by SinisterRouge

I have been using this shampoo for a couple years now, and I abosolutely LOVE it! I have longer than mid back length wavy thin/medium hair. This shampoo makes my hair really soft, but I must say the old formula was much better. I love the scent and it lasts all day. I sometimes have a hard time finding the conditioner for this so becuase i use a lot of heat (blow dry then straighten) almost daily, I use the Dove conditioner to protect from heat. I haven't cut my hair in probably over a year, and with all the abuse my hair endures, my hair still looks really good! I will continue to buy this shampoo until it gets discontinued...which will hopefully be never!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2010 10:32:00 AM More reviews by athousandhearts

I really thought I would like this.. but it seemed to weigh my hair down too much. I liked that it was gentle on my hair, but I think it was a bit too gentle, my hair just didn't seem to have any body after using it with the Cool Moisture conditioner.