August 23, 2014 | 1560 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Japanese Cherry Blossom Body Puree

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2012 5:27:00 AM More reviews by Romanticide

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pros:
- none

Cons:
- alcohol type lotion
- drying to skin
- fragrance is not consistent with the other products in the line (body butter)

This lotion was horrible and provided absolutely no benefit to skin, other than to fragrance it, which is not even worth it in my opinion. Body wash from this line was also disappointing. Don't waste your money.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2012 8:33:00 AM More reviews by lululemon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is rubbish, what a waste of money.

If you're looking for a good body moisturizer, save your money and spend it on palmers jergens or nivea but don't bother with this.

The scent is okay, the texture not so great - I couldn't figure out why my skin was still dry after I applied it a few times in an hour.... Conclusion - this is an EDT masquerading as a lotion. Waste of money!

Since I got this as part of a smaller travel pack, I wound up chucking the lotion and keeping the bottle (which is awesome for travel use by the way).

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2011 11:42:00 PM More reviews by jessbear

i only tried this as a tester they had out and i looooved the smell! i didn't really notice any difference in the way my skin felt tho like not moisturized really but i would honestly think about buying it just for the scent lol

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2011 9:36:00 PM More reviews by Lezanib

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am glad it was not just me feeling that this product does not provide any moisturising at all.
Fragrance is very nice but as I and my children have very sensitive skin I was quite concerned when I realised that there was this cooling sensation after each application. I was worried that there was alcohol in the gel and when I went to check the ingredients I noted that there are none printed on the bottle (I though that was illegal in Australia).

Anyway, further investigation reveals why it is so cooling and why I wont be buying it again.
From the Body Shop web site;
Water, Alcohol Denat., Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Sorbitol, Fragrance, Carbomer, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Hexyl Cinnamal, Sodium Hydroxide, Benzophenone-4, Linalool, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Disodium EDTA, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, t-Butyl Alcohol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Prunus Serrulata Flower Extract, Citronellol, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Phenoxyethanol, Geraniol, Denatonium Benzoate, Red 33, Yellow 5.5.

But then again, it is probably similar products to those in icecream......

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2010 5:03:00 PM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

I really like the scent of this however it is not very moisturizing at all. I wanted something less thick than their body butter, but this is less thick than a regular lotion so I guess that's why its called a 'puree'. Its quite expensive for something that doesn't really moisturize so I wouldn't buy it again. A good use for this is if you had already moisturized [with something else] earlier and then put this on for some extra moisture/scent prior to going out somewhere. But I wouldn't recommend it for actually moisturizing, and def not for after shaving legs!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2010 5:08:00 AM More reviews by amandaboop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I noticed that people who reviewed this product said that it's to light and does'nt moisturize at all. I do have to agree with them a little bit, however, I actually use this product just for my legs and the lightness is what I look for because I actually use a seperate lotion for my legs and another one for the rest of my body. The reason I use a seperate one for my legs is because when I wear pants I really don't like that heavy lotiony feel on my legs against the fabric, especially denim. I also really like this in the summer because it's very light and it does'nt feel gross in the heat. I know this is just me being weird. I love the smell of this lotion and, for me, I actually find that the scent lasts all day, however it does fade a bit. I also LOVE the packaging!!! It's so cute and pink! So overall I love this and it will definatley be my go-to LEG lotion! lol (Sorry for the rambling!)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2010 9:04:00 AM More reviews by dea2407

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

( 0 - 5 points, 5 = excellent, 0 = very bad)
texture: 4
feeling on skin: 4
moisturizing*: 2
sinking into the skin: 5
smell: 5
packaging**: 2
TOTAL POINTS: 22 of 30 = good

* according to the skintype it's supposed to suit
** Can you get out the very last drop?

I can't decide if I like the bottle with the pump dispenser or not. The upside is, that the lotion is easy to get out - the downside is of course that you are not able to get out everything like this. I also think that the amount of lotion is not very much for the price!
The lotion itself is light and smells sooo great, I love it! It is only for normal skin in my opinion, cause it's not rich enough for dry skin. It sinks in quite fast and leaves a fresh feeling.
I will buy again - but probably the body butter version next time...

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2010 9:04:00 PM More reviews by de2isme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i was quite disappointed at this product. it has strong floral scent. the color, the package were cute. the structure is like gel but more liquid. it just doesn't give oil that moisturizes our skin. it feels like water with some fragrance in it. it feels cool when you put it on your skin, but the coolness comes from the alcohol i think. it just doesn't moisturize your skin and it's bad when you use it during winter, doesn't help at all. the scent and the lasting power are bad. it is also pricey. in Netherlands, it is 12 euro. since spring and summer are coming, i will see if the product gives a better result and i will give and update. but for now on i prefer to have my old seba med lotion or vaseline lotion. cheaper and more moisturizing

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2009 3:46:00 PM More reviews by Veedebee

I loved the smell of this, really fresh and pretty and easy to wear. I bought it with the shower gel and scent for an easy every day smell. It is definately more of a gelee than a cream or lotion, I actually found this fine on my body, legs and arms - it moisturised adequately and my skin didn't have any reaction to it. The only thing I disliked was that I did find it really tacky on my hands, so after applying this all over I then had to wash my hands and use a different moisturiser for my hands which was annoying. If you try this or a similar product in a different scent then just rub a tiny amount between your fingers to see if it's sticky or tacky.
Maybe I should have gone for the body butter version instead?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2009 11:23:00 AM More reviews by michybabe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm surprised about the negative reviews! Major props to the lotion for the amazing smell... It smells sweet, fantastic and amazing. So far I have not met anybody who doesn't love the smell of this lotion.
It also makes my skin feel really cool and refreshed when I apply it.
Sadly it absorbs too fast and leaves my skin feeling really sticky. I don't mind about the dry part because I hate my skin feeling oily from lotion.The reviewers are right- the smell does not last too long, but it doesn't bother me.

Will buy again just because it smells way too nice.