Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Microfinish Powder

3.7

100% silica

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I was sure I reviewed this powder before but hey.. I forgot. This is a decent microfinish setting powder that makes your skin look flawless and super silky. It does set the makeup fine. However, it makes the dry skin look flakier, and it can ball up if used with certain kind of product... Also, to me it's really similar, IF not the same product, as the HD setting powder from elf... so If you want to try this one but not try the price.. go and buy the E.l.f. HD setting loose powder, and you'll be all set.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

It's a fun extra to have as I was curious to try it out...if you have coin to throw away, but it. I wouldn't bother buy again, I'd rather get a sample

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

The MUFE powder was pushed on me by some of the girls at Sephora who swore by it when I went in looking for a loose powder. They all said it was the best one they've ever used and I tried so, so hard to love it but there was just something about it that I generally hated. I didn't realise what it was until I finally ran out and got a different brand, but the texture did not agree with me for some reason.It also made me look pale, the sick looking kind of pale because I'm very fair naturally. No matter how lightly I applied it, this stuff made my face look like a ghost and on top of that it made my makeup so cakey! I'm not sure if I just got a dud, but I'm not willing to repurchase and find out.

I love this!

The finish is soooo silky smooth and fine. It covers all my pore and gave a glowy (not oily) matte look. I have used it to touch up in the middle of the day after blotting, and my make up just looked fresh again. Face stayed non-oily for a longer time then using the MUFE Ultra Matte loose powder. It doesn't leave a white cast on the skin. I have also purchased the kabuki brush that is recommended for the application, and it blends the powder onto my skin really well without much effort.

It would be a tad bit troublesome to bring it out for touch-ups due to the packaging.

Nonetheless, I still think that this is the best loose powder that I have ever used.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Never blends/goes away no matter how much you blend and buff and even with the smallest amount used. It always left dust on my face that just gets pushes around when I try to sweep it over your face. Also it smells like cat litter! No joke. I have to hold my breathe and fan it away with my hands every time I use it. The only pro about it is that the texture is silky smooth.

This is a great mattifying powder that is super silky and goes on like a dream! When I use this I can definitely see a difference in the way my makeup looks and lasts, and I do stay matte for hours longer than if I used a regular face powder.

I had a deluxe sample size of this from Sephora and I am nowhere near finishing it yet, you really donít need much of this. It is so finely milled that breathing in the powder when applying is always a risk, and it does tend to fly everywhere. But despite this minor issue, this is a great powder and I will certainly consider buying a full size when my sample size is finished.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I love silica powders. They are by far my favorite powders because they control my oil and I'm super Talc sensitive so most others won't work for me. This one is quite light so it's easy to inhale (which I dislike). The new packaging with the mesh is really nice and helps keep the mess down. My biggest complaint is the price. I just can't justify the price when awesome powders like ELF HD are around for so cheap. If I can figure out how to get the top off, I'll refill it with ELF HD powder.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This keeps me matte and looking flawless, making my pores invisible. I use a baby kabuki with the small pot. No breakouts or clogged pores.

Pros:
- does mattify the skin for maybe 5-6 hours
- makes skin look flawless
- texture is really fine and smooth

Cons:
- makes me look ghostly white in flash

Overall, great powder. Didn't repurchase it because of how it causes flashback. Would probably be good for a daytime look and not night. LOL

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Just FYI, I have the travel size. I LOVE this HD powder. It makes my skin flawless, oil free for however long I need it (and trust me, I put on make up as early as 6:30am and take it off as late as 10pm) However, I don't like how a brush cannot fit into the travel size one so it's hard to swirl around. It does have a scent that I don't really enjoy - but it goes away after you dust it onto your face so I can live with it. Love this.

Video Reviews & Tutorials