December 18, 2014 | 1707 users online

Loose Powders - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Microfinish Powder

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2014 9:07:00 PM More reviews by cutelildeadbear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I actually only bought the travel size to keep in my make-up bag for after the gym or on my way to work (yes I do my makeup in my car- I'm that good at it and I have an hour commute). I chose this because it is translucent. I didn't realize at the time that it was a loose powder, but I actually don't mind that considering the packaging for the travel size bottle is actually really easy to work with. A ton doesn't come out and it doesn't fly everywhere. Although, I have never had an issue with loose powders doing that, but when driving or in a hurry after the gym I wanted something easy and was surprised that this was easy to deal with.

I use it to set my foundation. As far as that is concerned, it is a little more drying than I would prefer. My pressed powder at home is Laura Mercier and that is my HG, so to me this feels chalky almost. I like that it doesn't have a ton of color because my blush shows up nicely.

Overall, I wouldn't buy it again but I have it now so I will use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2014 5:43:00 PM More reviews by buytoomuchmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product a while ago at sephora cause I had heard so many people talking about and loving this powder so I thought I'd give it a try - SO GLAD I did.
This is everything when it comes to setting my eye concealer. You don't really need a lot of product, just a very little amount. It doesn't cake or crease under my very dry under eye are.
I just moisturize my skin, put my concealer on and press a tiny bit of this powder on top to seal everything in and I've never had my concealer last so long. I used this along with a MAC concealer and it literally stays on all day!
I've didn't use this to set my foundation yet cause I think it's too expensive for a setting powder, but I will try setting my makeup with this around my nose, where I tend to get very oily, I'll update on that soon.
But this far I can say that I absolutely love love love this powder. Definitely worth its money.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2014 3:01:00 AM More reviews by unoeme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this product! It makes my face look flawless and im dying to try the pressed powder version because obviously the loose powder just flies all over. I just wished it's more long-lasting and less expensive.

And to those who comment about the white-cast, you're supposed to apply this sparingly and blend it in with a kabuki brush.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by fierymermaid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought the wee size of this for $15 one time when I needed something else to use my coupon at Sephora. I'm sure this was amazing when it was the only silica powder on the market, but you can now get the same thing for $7. You're literally paying for the name and wonky packaging with this.

The holes in the container are so tiny, that you have to shake it like a BEAST to make it come out. I guess MUFE wanted to be kind and help folks get their daily workout in. How nice.

The product is completely translucent, and does a great job of blurring out imperfections such as large pores. Sweet! It's not so great for oil control, though. Talc is better for that. Where can I get a talc and silica powder, guys? I want the best of both worlds.

You only want to use a SMALL AMOUNT, especially if you are going to an event. Combined with flash photography, this stuff has the potential to ruin your day. Ever seen pictures of celebrities on the red carpet, and their noses look like they just snorted coke? It's this powder. You also see it show up on celebrities under the eyes, where it looks like weird white warpaint (why haven't celebrity make-up artists figured this out?). With flash, the silica reflects an opaque white. DERP!

Find a cheaper alternative, and avoid camera flashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Sophiedoodle

This powder to me is very much like Too Faced Primed Poreless Powder, but at a lower price (at least here in Sweden) and I love that! The powder is really light yet effective at keeping everything in its place and smudge free. It does not feel cakey, even if you re-apply it. It's a translucent powder so it fits every skin tone which is obviously a bonus for everyone.

I would absolutely recommend this powder to anyone, especially if you have trouble with make-up getting in the fine lines (for example under eyes) because that's what I told the lady at Sephora that I had a problem with and she recommended this one for me.
The best trick I have is to "PRESS" the powder on with a soft brush (especially underneath eyes), NO "rubbing" (!) as is often so easy to do when you "brush" on the powder. This technique is good especially if you want more cover and for me it makes the makeup last longer.

I give this powder 5/5 because it's the best but it ain't some miraculous fairy dust so you obviously may need to re-apply it if you sweat a lot.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2014 10:12:00 AM More reviews by lizzchan12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have mixed feelings about this product. I like the HD powder in the sense that it does not give me a white cast, sets my makeup nicely and provides a matte finish. I have combo/oily skin and I need a powder that can set my liquid foundation so I don't turn into a grease ball, and this powder prevents greasiness and shine overall, but there are also a few qualities about this product that I really don't like.
For starters, the packaging is absolutely atrocious and hard to work with. You would think that since MUFE asks the consumers to pay so much for their products that they could at least provide some decent, easy to work with packaging, but no, that is not the case. The powder does not come out easily, and when it does, it is often too much, so the expensive product you paid for is partially going to waste. I ended up taking the sifter off the top so now I can just put my makeup brush directly in the container, which makes it easier, but is still a little cumbersome because of the awkwardly small width of the packaging that isn't wide enough for most powder brushes.
Another complaint I have is if applied too liberally, this powder can settle into fine lines and accentuate dry spots easily. I don't use this around my eye area to lightly set my concealer because, even when applied very sparingly, it settles into every fine line in my eye area, so I use another light setting powder, which is annoying because the MUFE HD powder should be fine and silky enough to not settle into lines as much as it does.
If you have normal-dry skin and/or mature/aged skin, this powder will probably not be the best for you due to its tendency to settle around dry spots and wrinkles/fine lines. If you have skin that tends to be on the oily side, this powder might work well at setting your foundation and providing an even, matte finish, but use conservatively because too much of this can make you look cakey and dry. When used correctly, I like the look this powder gives my skin, but due to the inconvenient packaging and the dry spot and fine line accentuation, I won't be repurchasing. There are much more affordable setting powders available that provide the same, if not better, results.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2014 8:58:00 AM More reviews by SanFranGirl

Oh yes, everyone and their mother have been talking about it and...the hype is real! It must be my absolute favorite out of the three.

Formula & Application: this powder comes in a translucent universal shade which I find awesome (no hassle with them tones). The one I use comes in a loose powder formula; even though it gets messy and flies around - a big decently dense brush will solve the issue! You will notice though, HD Powder is very easy in application as if you put nothing at all on your skin. MUFE launched pressed version of same powder, so that might be a bag friendly option!

If you need more information before buying this powder and other MUFE HD products, below is a great blog post:

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Justminick

For the price, no I won't buy this again. $39 and I could get a dupe by NYX - it's literally just pure silica powder. You're basically paying for the packaging, which admittedly is nice, but not $39 nice.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by stephventu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first bought this, I hoped it would mattify my face as I tend to have an oily T zone. The packaging is sleek and classy, which made me buy it. This product would leave me matte for about an hour til I was forced to reapply again. The powder is translucent and doesn't leave a white cast on the face. However during my use of this product in the warm weather (I live in California) this product simply is trash! It wouldn't keep me matte for an hour. Since the weather here is constantly sunny, I do sweat (not profusely) but the places where I would apply the powder the sweat would STAY in place. I have used this product for over a year and I'm now looking for a replacement to this.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2014 5:17:00 AM More reviews by porcelianine

Maybe it's because I have a dry skin, but it really doesn't add anything to the overall look of my makeup. Sometimes it accentuates my dry patches which is awful and really far away from the smooth finish I expected.I regret buying it. Maybe it works better for oily skin types. I will try it again in summer.