July 24, 2014 | 1143 users online

Loose Powders - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Microfinish Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2014 11:09:00 AM More reviews by Shortcourt0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

An all around okay product. I haven't used it in awhile, thankfully my skin is starting to become less oily so I don't have to wear powder everyday. You don't need to use a lot, I like to apply it with a powder puff and stipple it on my skin. Makes my face feel soft and does a good job at keeping oil at bay, didn't break me out. The container can be a bit of a mess, seems like more powder ends up on my counter than on my face. Pretty expensive for what it is but does the job. I don't think I would repurchase, maybe a smaller size, definitely not the full size.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 2:37:00 AM More reviews by JillyBalboa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this product! I have been using this powder for about 4 years and cannot live without it! Sets makeup to last ALL day - and makes your makeup look beautiful, controls oil.. All around amazing. Can be used just for touch ups mid day to keep your makeup looking fresher even longer.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2014 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Cyndyxoxo

i recetnly started using this product. A coworker told me about it so i went out and bought it and i fell inlove with it, it works amazing! It lasts all day doesnt make my face shiny or oily like my other powder would.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2014 11:39:00 AM More reviews by pcsheather

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

way too expensive for a product with ONE ingredient- silica. you can buy silica powder dirt cheap from coastal scents and put it into a sifter jar. same exact thing for about five times less $$$$.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 8:54:00 AM More reviews by margokissy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I adore this product. I buy the smaller jar of this, it's .14oz now, I think it used to be .19oz. The packaging is great, you can throw it in your makeup bag without it spilling and losing a bunch of product.

For the price, it lasts very long...three or four months for the small size. I love the way it smooths everything out.

My biggest concern when I purchased this was that it would leave white all over my face in the event a flash photo was taken of me. I had read that a lot of places and even seen it in celebrity photos. They must be doing it wrong...because this doesn't happen. It simply doesn't with this powder.

I will buy this over and over. I bought it because I read that translucent powder doesn't "add volume" to your face. Perfect, no caking. It has one ingredient and doesn't clog my pores. Love!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2014 10:44:00 PM More reviews by loucat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like how this loose powder doesn't show any of my fine lines and wrinkles, but if i use too much you can get a ghosty look on your face and i also noticed that you can't take pictures with this powder at nightime or indoors with a flash because white lines will show up all over your face on the phots. so if you use this powder i would recommend it for day use and put it on lightly and it works well.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by sxyleolady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this powder. I have been using it for many years and it's still the best IMO. It is very lightweight and I use it to set my foundation as well as throughout the day to mattify my oily skin. When used lightly, it gives the skin a smooth finish. Pores are less visible and the skin stays matte for quite awhile. Do not apply this powder heavily (especially under the eyes) or you'll end up looking like a reverse raccoon.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 1:51:00 AM More reviews by staceyd2401

I used to think that this powder did nothing for me and I started using it just to use it up. Then all over a sudden people starting complimenting my skin and asking me what I was doing with as it looked really soft and smooth. The only thing I could put it down to was this powder. I do use it everywhere besides my cheeks just to stop my makeup from moving into any expression lines but have found that it does also have a great blurring effect on my mid size pores and I think this is why people think my skin looks smoother and softer.
I would love to see them improve the packaging on this so it was more travel friendly. I do have the travel size but never travel with it for this reason!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2014 8:55:00 PM More reviews by nostradamus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I want a more matte finish, I buff this finishing powder all over my face. If I want a more "natural" look, I only powder the T-zone, and maybe dust under the eyes to discourage any migration of eye makeup. Even though it seems pricey, a jar lasts a really long time if you apply with a light hand. My one issue is with the packaging because I like to tap the powder into the cap, but the cap is rather small and my powder brush barely fits into it. The jar should be redesigned in width for a more user-friendly application.

And for those who travel with their makeup, consider taping over the little release holes to avoid a surprise (read: huge mess) by your arrival time. Seriously.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2014 7:09:00 AM More reviews by LisaJanson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I only use this products in spring and summertime, since my skin is far too dry during the colder months. Oily skin isn't maybe the biggest problem of mine, but I like to swirl this on because it leaves your skin all soft and velvety ...a truly luxurious feeling.

This powder works fine but the pricing is absolutely ridiculous, considering how small amount the jar contains. Love the packaging though. No spill whatsoever:)