October 20, 2014 | 1628 users online

Loose Powders - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Microfinish Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2014 8:58:00 AM More reviews by SanFranGirl

Oh yes, everyone and their mother have been talking about it and...the hype is real! It must be my absolute favorite out of the three.

Formula & Application: this powder comes in a translucent universal shade which I find awesome (no hassle with them tones). The one I use comes in a loose powder formula; even though it gets messy and flies around - a big decently dense brush will solve the issue! You will notice though, HD Powder is very easy in application as if you put nothing at all on your skin. MUFE launched pressed version of same powder, so that might be a bag friendly option!

If you need more information before buying this powder and other MUFE HD products, below is a great blog post:

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Justminick

For the price, no I won't buy this again. $39 and I could get a dupe by NYX - it's literally just pure silica powder. You're basically paying for the packaging, which admittedly is nice, but not $39 nice.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by stephventu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first bought this, I hoped it would mattify my face as I tend to have an oily T zone. The packaging is sleek and classy, which made me buy it. This product would leave me matte for about an hour til I was forced to reapply again. The powder is translucent and doesn't leave a white cast on the face. However during my use of this product in the warm weather (I live in California) this product simply is trash! It wouldn't keep me matte for an hour. Since the weather here is constantly sunny, I do sweat (not profusely) but the places where I would apply the powder the sweat would STAY in place. I have used this product for over a year and I'm now looking for a replacement to this.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2014 5:17:00 AM More reviews by porcelianine

Maybe it's because I have a dry skin, but it really doesn't add anything to the overall look of my makeup. Sometimes it accentuates my dry patches which is awful and really far away from the smooth finish I expected.I regret buying it. Maybe it works better for oily skin types. I will try it again in summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2014 2:42:00 AM More reviews by WhatsUpButtercup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used to swear by this product until I tried the $6 dupe by e.l.f. - I'm a convert. Same flawless look, much better price.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2014 9:20:00 PM More reviews by sweetangel631

I bought this product because Ahanhbarbie34 talked about how amazing it was and how it make your pores disappear and skin look amazing. So after a lot of thought and using my old powder up, I decided to splurge on this powder which was $35 CAD at Sephora. I have nothing bad to say about this product but it didn't "make my pores disappear" like I heard it would. I basically just sets my liquid makeup. I didn't look white on me because i didn't overdo it like I suspect ppl who said it looked white did.
I don't know why anyone hasn't mentioned the horrible packaging but its really hard to get the powder out unless you shake the package and either a lot or not enough comes out each time which is a little frustrating since its such a waste. (maybe thats why people had the white face since so much can come out at once)
I bought the ELF HD powder ($6) and I honestly cannot tell the difference between the two. I wish I could because it was so expensive but I'm just going to use it up and buy something else next time.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2014 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Dee2014

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I went to MuFE counter first time to buy this, seeing the astounding review from high end magazines for a couple of years. I was looking for loose pwdr to replace my bare minerals veil; not that i dun like them but it wasn't sold in my country. So i thought if i can get the replacement that sold in country, it'd best. The SA asked me to also try the HD primer, the camouflage cream, HD concealer (see my review on this) and since i don't wear foundation, he topped it with foundation compact powder and a brush of the HD loose powder. I ended up bought the primer, camouflage cream and concealer and off course the HD loose powder! I quite like the rest but ironically don't like the powder!!! I already re-purchased the primer and concealer but hardly ever use the powder. The powder make my face looks white, chalky, not improving my complexion at all. I only use it once w/out any other powder. I tried to use it sparingly on top of my usual bare mineral veil as the SA told me, but i couldn't see any differences at all!!! It becomes a un-necessary extra step that i've to put up evry morning. Give up after 2-3 times and now it's sitting in my make up drawer. Actually i want to make it works since i already paid for the product and looking at all great reviews about it. But no... Somehow it doesn't work on me.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2014 11:09:00 AM More reviews by Shortcourt0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

An all around okay product. I haven't used it in awhile, thankfully my skin is starting to become less oily so I don't have to wear powder everyday. You don't need to use a lot, I like to apply it with a powder puff and stipple it on my skin. Makes my face feel soft and does a good job at keeping oil at bay, didn't break me out. The container can be a bit of a mess, seems like more powder ends up on my counter than on my face. Pretty expensive for what it is but does the job. I don't think I would repurchase, maybe a smaller size, definitely not the full size.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 2:37:00 AM More reviews by JillyBalboa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this product! I have been using this powder for about 4 years and cannot live without it! Sets makeup to last ALL day - and makes your makeup look beautiful, controls oil.. All around amazing. Can be used just for touch ups mid day to keep your makeup looking fresher even longer.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2014 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Cyndyxoxo

i recetnly started using this product. A coworker told me about it so i went out and bought it and i fell inlove with it, it works amazing! It lasts all day doesnt make my face shiny or oily like my other powder would.