September 16, 2014 | 1953 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2014 12:02:00 AM More reviews by newtomakeup411

I wore this foundation a couple of times, as I don't want to waste it seeing it was about $40 CDN. I think you could absolutely find a drugstore foundation that's better than this. Pros - Full Coverage - Has a Pump - Looks flawless in pictures Cons - Can look cakey if you apply too much - Don't pack on the powder if you have dry skin - The cap can come off sometimes and since there is a pump my other products in the bag shake around and push the pump causing some product to come out this probably works better on combination/oily skin but on my normal/combination skin that gets more so dry in the winter (which is when I used it) it tends to cake up if I tried to apply a second layer or packed on the powder. the wear of this is really good, for me it stays on for up to 9 hours! I used it for my graduation and it was horribly hot inside, and it stayed on through the whole night, even through the dance! I don't tend to touch my face when I have makeup on so when I occasionally did I found that some of the product wore off on my fingers... so if you have normal/skin I would reccomend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2014 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Tacoramackenzie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this because of all the hype on YouTube & blogging websites raving about it. Lots of people feel as if it is full coverage? I totally don't see that! It feels nice and lasts without oxidizing, but it is not exactly Medium coverage as it claims, I would say that it's light, but build-able to medium coverage. The formula is pretty runny, and the color selection is excellent, but in my opinion, there are far better alternatives that do not cost $42 an ounce. It is not the product I expected for the amount of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 12:55:00 AM More reviews by thetinanguyen

Im not the kind to really wear foundation because I am still in school but I find that this product is perfect for everyday. A lot of people say that it is a heavy item but if applied correctly it looks extremely natural. It doesn't break me out and covers blemishes perfectly. It is the product that I cant live without. If you are on the fence about the item, just try it! You can achieve full coverage or light/medium depending on how you apply it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2014 2:40:00 PM More reviews by larabr

It took me a long time to realize that I actually hate this foundation. I guess I was in denial because it's such an iconic product and I really researched about it before purchasing it. I used it many many times until I finally realized that it just didn't work for me! It gives me "foundation face", which is my biggest fear whenever I put on foundation. It feels heavy, cakey and just doesn't sit right on my skin. It's weird because for a long time I used it and didn't really like how my skin looked throughout the day but I never thought that this was problem! Like I said, denial! Very disappointed because I thought I would love this...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by kalimichelleee

I have to say I have finally found my HG foundation, after months of searching! It is so lightweight feeling, but with amazing coverage. The finish is slightly dewy but sets amazingly with the HD pressed powder. I have to say that this foundation will forever have a spot in my collection with back ups included!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by noelizgonzalez

I have been using bareminerals powder foundation for 3 years already. I've been scared to use anything else because of my acne prone skin. I decided to give this foundation a shot, and I must say I was very pleased. My skin looked better under all this foundation. I normally use a little bit more foundation to cover up my blemishes, redness, and acne scars. I noticed that my blemishes were less noticeable. My skin became oily after a couple of hours but that's what usually happens to me. My make-up lasted literally all night for me. I was out partying until the next morning, and even with all the sweating I had from dancing, my makeup still looked amazing. I still love bareminerals, but this foundation is just much more easier to apply in my opinion. I definitely am going to continue to purchase this foundation and use it mainly for when I'm going to be out all night.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2014 4:28:00 PM More reviews by sgreene52

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just purchased its been on the back on my hand as the Sephora consultant left it and it is so smooth and soft. I know it will do the same for my face as I use the concealer already.But so far I like it and the face that it is a pump.All of their products are amazing!!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2014 4:09:00 PM More reviews by thestyleduckling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to like this foundation after hearing all the hype about it, but sadly I was disappointed. The fact that it came with a pump is the only reason I'm giving this two stars, but other than that the packaging isn't anything special, and the actual product itself left me very disappointed.

It is somewhere in the medium to full coverage range, which was alright (although I usually prefer a somewhat lighter foundation) but it looked powdery and seemed to just sit on my skin if I applied anything more than a very VERY thin layer. To add to that, I felt that it settled into the lines on my face so quickly and so badly that I felt like I aged 10 years over the course of the work day. And I'm only 21! In addition, it separated/became patchy before the work day was even over. Also, I wouldn't say that this product caused a breakout, but I don't think it really helped anything, either.

There are far better foundations to use in this price range that have equal or better color selections, similar coverage, a much better finish, and long lasting power. Would not repurchase. Probably wouldn't even take a free sample because it would just sit and take up space.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2014 1:04:00 PM More reviews by amjQ8

The coverage of the foundation is not bad, but I used better foundations.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2014 4:47:00 AM More reviews by bella0412

I’ve been using this product now for the last 4-5 months and have repurchased it twice. It truly is a great foundation. I have extreme skin, from super dry to super oily (it has a mind of its own), and buying make up for my skin type is a nightmare. This foundation stays on my skin great although it tends to get a bit oily. Either way, I just powder and it goes back to how it looked when I first applied it again without caking or moving.

When applying I tend to find it is better to do so with hands. It is definitely build able and I find it extremely moisturising. For oily skin it definitely cannot be used without a setting powder, but for dry skin to normal skin I truly believe this product is just right.