December 18, 2014 | 1021 users online

Lipstick - Edward Bess - Ultra Slick Lipstick

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2010 11:02:00 PM More reviews by fflor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is my first time trying out EB products. I ordered the Nude Lotus. I'm in love with this lip stick. I really like nude lips and the other nude lipstick i have is MAC's peachstock. This one is not as peachy. It's quite sheer and very moisturizing unlike the MAC ones which have a a quick and creamy consistency. I would definitely repurchase this product and try out some other colours.
Also, nude lotus looks really good with Desert glow lipgloss and the gloss helps to hold the color. I'm really happy with my purchase

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2010 10:44:00 AM More reviews by PamdaBear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have the shades Tender Love and Pure Impulse. These lipsticks are creamy, pigmented, long lasting and have a bit of shine but aren't super glossy. The formula is great because it doesn't dry your lips out - even after I take it off my lips feel soft and moisturized. Tender Love is a deep rose color and Pure Impulse is more like a subtle nude shade. I have NC20 skin and I love both. Pure Impulse is perfect for day or if you've got dramatic eye makeup on. Tender Love is great for night or day as well, it's just deeper in color. They apparently smell of figs - I didn't think I would like the smell but it's quite nice, not overpowering or too sweet. The packaging is sleek and stylish. I really love these lipsticks because they really are like your lips but better. The shades are so versatile and they feel so great on. I will be buying more.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2010 9:10:00 AM More reviews by TheWickedOne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought Night Romance in a swap and it is the perfect neutral nude pink on me. This is the creamiest lipstick I think I've ever owned. The color is perfect for me, and wears very well. I wish there was an Edward Bess counter near me in Boston so I could see his new lippies that are coming out, oh well!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2010 5:02:00 PM More reviews by HeatherRN

I stopped by the EB counter and picked up Secret Desire & Nude Lotus. Secret Desire is a perfect pinky nude. I prefer it to Nude Lotus, because it's more flattering, but both are so versatile that I'm sure I will get great wear out of both. Can't wait to expand my EB collection & try out the eye shadows and lip glosses! I'm addicted!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2010 6:37:00 PM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

These lippies are so worth the trip to NYC..i am a lipgloss girl but after reading all the rave reviews i decided to go give these a try and boy am i glad. Been on the lookout for nude lippies for a long time now...after spending tons of money on colors that dont work on me(they either turn pink or fushia or mud brown) and tired of buying MAC lipsticks they are either concealer lippies or pink lippies. So after spending tons of time on the internet looking for pictures and swatches..i bought the colors -
Sundown - A beigy golden nude without any shimmer( my HG nude lippie, atlast :P) A perfect nude for a NC45 person like me.
Pure Impluse - A MLBB color with a balance of pink and peach. A very natural looking lippie.
For ref - I am a NC 45 in MAC with pigmented lips. Oh yeah these lipsticks have a fantastic fig scent yay! Hope they dont discontinue Sundown ever!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2010 12:19:00 AM More reviews by lipstickfashionista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This has become my HG daily lipstick! I've replaced Mag's Twig with Edward Bess' Tender Love as my "go to" color for every day. It's the perfect MLBB color (at last). Both colors are brownish pinks, but Tender Love has a little less brown in it than Twig, and has a far superior hydrating formula. Like the other previous reviewer I also have dry lips issues. Most of the hydrating lipsticks I have tried do not have good color payoff, and I have to repeatedly swipe the lipstick to get any color out at all (which wastes the product). On the other hand, most matte or long last lipsticks I have tried really dried out my lips. This lipstick has it all, both the color payoff and lasting power of a long last lipstick, with the creamy, moisturizing glide of a hydrating formula. This lipstick stayed on my lips, and retained its moisture, throughout a lengthy coffee date.

It's not quite as moisturizing as the Cle de Peau extra silky lipstick and Dior serum de rouge, which I also own. However, it's still very moisturizing and I think it has slightly better color coverage/payoff. It also has better lasting power. So I'm willing to forgo just a (slight) bit of hydration in exchange for better coverage (and to not have to constantly reapply). If I could somehow give an award to the best "all around" lipstick, this would be it! I also love the floral and woodsy "fig" scent, which is nice and subtle. I don't think many people will be disappointed with this. I usually don't buy colors online, sight unseen, but I like this so much I might try another one.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2010 12:04:00 AM More reviews by flitcraft

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My daughter gave me three of these lipsticks for Christmas--tender love, deep lust, and natural seduction. These lipsticks are highly pigmented but slide on easily, perhaps a function of the silicone in the formula. Of the three, I think I like tender love the best--it's a neutral rose that leans ever so slightly warm. More pigmented and pronounced than a typical YLBB shade, but in that general category. Deep lust is darker and definitely warmer--brown clay toned. I find myself blotting it down a bit to make it a little less intense. Natural seduction is a true medium nude--cafe au lait colored with not even a hint of peach or pink or mauve to it. Unfortunately it makes me look dead, so it cannot be worn be me without some more pink-coral-red lip gloss to liven it up a bit.

Lovely quality lipsticks. I do wish they were available except in New York--I am reluctant to buy makeup sight unseen online.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2010 8:50:00 PM More reviews by SBMD

I have EB's Ultra Slick Lipstick in Secret Desire, a peachy pink, and Tender Love, a deep rose, on my NC-20 skin. Both are moisturizing, creamy, and last pretty well on my lips. What I love most about these lippies are the fact that they have no shimmer. They also have a lovely fig scent. I would put these on par with Chanel's Rouge Allures. I want to try Pure Impulse, a neutral nude shade, next.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2010 9:14:00 PM More reviews by lilla1969

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE LOVE LOVE EB lipsticks!!! My lips get irritated to lip products but his are just perfect for my lips. EB lipsticks are to die for!!! Best quality definitely! It doesn't travel, stays put, just right creamy... it has perfect texture, excellent pigmentation, and best light scent with a beautiful packaging ;-) I have 2: Forever Yours and Deep Lust, but I will be buying more soon. Edward is a gem!! I LOVE talking to him. He is great with his customers... I can't wait to receive my orders from EB :))

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2010 1:15:00 PM More reviews by nekochama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have about eight Edward Bess lipsticks -- yes I am a Bess Head -- and they are my absolute faves. I have very dry skin and even drier lips, so much so that I avoided lipsticks in favor of gloss for many years. Now, thanks to EB's creamy formulation, I'm back to wearing lipstick almost every day. What makes EB's lippies so great are: 1. They are creamy yet don't travel. They somehow stay put. 2. They feel extremely light, never heavy or goopy. 3. They are very pigmented, even the lighter nude shades cover my very pigmented lips with one swipe. 4. The smell terrific -- it's a wild fig scent that is lovely. Not old lady perfume-y (Chanel) or crayon funky (NARS.) My HG shades are Deep Lust, Tender Love and Forever Yours. Forbidden Flower is amazing for summer. Pure Impluse layered with Dark Blossom l/g is a perfect warm nude. The only one that did not work for me is Secret Desire -- less pigmentation and it turned a bit terracotta on me. These lippies are definitely worth the hefty price tags, especially if you have trouble with dryness like I do. For reference, I'm NC 20.