MAC Beauty Powder - Alpha Girl

4.2

on 12/11/2009 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

What a lovely beauty powder. I got this with the Hello Kitty collection and am really loving it. I just recently purchased it at a warehouse sale 2 weeks ago so I am just trying it out and so far so good. It looks scary in the compact but it's a lovely brushed pink with minimal shimmer. Gives my face a very warm colour with just the right amount of product. Is buildable if need be =)

on 9/12/2009 3:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

It's a rather sheer pinky peach with a slight shimmer in it. I love this product because I don't like to look too overdone, so I just apply a few layers until it gives my cheeks a nice subtle colour. And if I want a more obvious glow I layer it with my Nars Albatross highlighter. Would repurchase, but its LE so doubt I'll find it again.

This sheer pink powder gives me the perfect natural looking glow! I've been wearing it everyday since I got it. I also like that it's not shimmery. I add Glissade MSF to the tops of my cheek bones to give a nice hightlighting sheen to my NW20 skin.

I would buy again, but since it's limited edition, I'll probably go with Pink Swoon after I run out of this. Does anyone know if this is comparable to Pink Swoon or am I way off?

on 5/15/2009 11:20:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

To be perfectly honest, the only reason why I bought this was for the packaging; I use it to house my MAC Blot Powder. The product itself is lightly scented and doesn't really show up on my cheeks unless I layer it on or use it on top of a blush / MSF.

It's not going to work for anyone darker than NC/NW20 (I'm NC25) which is a shame because it looks so lovely in the pan.

on 5/4/2009 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

this compact is so adorable! i have this and the smooth harmony. i use this as a blush since im sort of skeptical of using this as a finishing powder. i have to layer this up a bit...and it does look chalky if i over do it.

i dont use this a lot....so i dont have to worry about repurchasing this soon.

on 4/25/2009 8:37:00 PM

First of all, I LOVE the compact. Adorable on the outside and it's a compact, so it has a mirror! Awesome! Second of all, it's actually more pigmented than I thought it would be. After reading all these reviews I thought that it would be too light as a blush for me (I'm not super dark or anything, but I am a little on the tan side). It actually shows up pretty nicely on me (I have to layer it on, though) and the color is really pretty!

on 3/30/2009 8:53:00 AM

I use this as my go-to blush; it's definitely HG status for me. I'm in love with this powder :) I'm NC15, and this gives me a beautiful little pink flush. Not to mention I love the packaging. Thank you MAC <3

on 12/6/2008 12:10:00 AM

this is a very pretty powder! it looks great on my fair skin. i use it as a blush.. and its looking great now during the winter.

im glade that its not too dark cuz you cant really over do it.
when a girl wears too much blush it just looks silly, so this is great for starters

you can still buy it a the Cosmetic Company outlets!

on 11/27/2008 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

To be honest, I only bought Alpha Girl because of the adorable limited edition Heatherette packaging. I left it sitting in my makeup case unused for the longest time, taking it out and just swiping it on once in a while just to see how it looked... wasn't too impressed until I tried wearing it with Light Flush on top. OH WOW! What a yummy combo! On my NC30 skin, it's the perfect pinky flush! Throw on some Lightscapade as a highlight and BADA BING, I'm set for the day! Love it!!!

on 11/10/2008 5:53:00 PM

As everyone had said, the Heatherette packaging is adorable. The ultimate girly packaging, and I have to admit that I love it too. Now, maybe this beauty powder would work with someone with darker skin tone. I am a red head with fair skin and freckles, and I find it doesn't give me the effect I was hoping for. That also may have to do with the fact that it is matte, and I much prefer product with some shimmer.

Recommended for Normal Skin