MAC Beauty Powder - Alpha Girl

4.2

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I mainly bought this for the compact. The actual Beauty Powder is ok.I'm aware that Bp's are supposed to be sheerer than blushes. However, what other reason would you use a pink powder? even on my NC15 skin, it hardly shows up. Perfect for a smokey eye or a natural look though, I suppose.

I use it now & again, but I cant wait to depot the BP & use the compact for something else.

on 12/29/2009 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this in a swap by a wonderful gal on MUA, I obviously wanted this mostly for the packaging but when I received it I was really shocked at how bright the color was. However, this color is so subtle and sheer. I like it but I don't love it. I use it as blush and it's a pink color but very, very sheer. I would def purchase this again but since it is LE I will just have to refill my compact with something else.
UPDATE: I no longer use this as a blush since I discovered pink swoon. I now use this for those days when I need a little color or pick me up (me and bronzer do not agree). I also depotted this and filled the compact with my azalea blossom blush. It looks fab!

on 12/11/2009 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

What a lovely beauty powder. I got this with the Hello Kitty collection and am really loving it. I just recently purchased it at a warehouse sale 2 weeks ago so I am just trying it out and so far so good. It looks scary in the compact but it's a lovely brushed pink with minimal shimmer. Gives my face a very warm colour with just the right amount of product. Is buildable if need be =)

on 9/12/2009 3:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

It's a rather sheer pinky peach with a slight shimmer in it. I love this product because I don't like to look too overdone, so I just apply a few layers until it gives my cheeks a nice subtle colour. And if I want a more obvious glow I layer it with my Nars Albatross highlighter. Would repurchase, but its LE so doubt I'll find it again.

This sheer pink powder gives me the perfect natural looking glow! I've been wearing it everyday since I got it. I also like that it's not shimmery. I add Glissade MSF to the tops of my cheek bones to give a nice hightlighting sheen to my NW20 skin.

I would buy again, but since it's limited edition, I'll probably go with Pink Swoon after I run out of this. Does anyone know if this is comparable to Pink Swoon or am I way off?

on 5/15/2009 11:20:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

To be perfectly honest, the only reason why I bought this was for the packaging; I use it to house my MAC Blot Powder. The product itself is lightly scented and doesn't really show up on my cheeks unless I layer it on or use it on top of a blush / MSF.

It's not going to work for anyone darker than NC/NW20 (I'm NC25) which is a shame because it looks so lovely in the pan.

on 5/4/2009 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

this compact is so adorable! i have this and the smooth harmony. i use this as a blush since im sort of skeptical of using this as a finishing powder. i have to layer this up a bit...and it does look chalky if i over do it.

i dont use this a lot....so i dont have to worry about repurchasing this soon.

on 4/25/2009 8:37:00 PM

First of all, I LOVE the compact. Adorable on the outside and it's a compact, so it has a mirror! Awesome! Second of all, it's actually more pigmented than I thought it would be. After reading all these reviews I thought that it would be too light as a blush for me (I'm not super dark or anything, but I am a little on the tan side). It actually shows up pretty nicely on me (I have to layer it on, though) and the color is really pretty!

on 3/30/2009 8:53:00 AM

I use this as my go-to blush; it's definitely HG status for me. I'm in love with this powder :) I'm NC15, and this gives me a beautiful little pink flush. Not to mention I love the packaging. Thank you MAC <3

on 12/6/2008 12:10:00 AM

this is a very pretty powder! it looks great on my fair skin. i use it as a blush.. and its looking great now during the winter.

im glade that its not too dark cuz you cant really over do it.
when a girl wears too much blush it just looks silly, so this is great for starters

you can still buy it a the Cosmetic Company outlets!