September 19, 2014 | 949 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Elements Microdermabrasion [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 11:06:00 AM More reviews by lsp372

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is actually for Infinite Skin Clarity Enhancement Cleanser, Which has 15% BHA, and works awesomely!. I wouldn't recommend using it everyday, but use it once or twice a day during a breakout and it will make a lot of difference. Also it's only 8.99 for a 5oz bottle (you use very little each time) so it will last a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2011 9:00:00 AM More reviews by Pauw

If you are a current user of their apricot scrub, whatever variant it may be, I honestly suggest for you to ditch it and get this instead before you actually wreck havoc to your skin. This is way better since it is more gentle on the skin yet still gives you the satisfaction of having polished skin.

Pro's:
    - Packaging is very convenient. You get decent control of how much product comes out of the tube.
    - Fairly affordable.
    - Smells very fresh that it actually has this calming affect while using it.
    - The beads are small enough and not harsh. So if you have a very heavy hand like me, you'd be fine while scrubbing.
    - Has a brightening effect after usage.

Con's:
    - If you apply it in wet face, you really won't feel it exfoliating your face. However if you apply it to dry face, it hurts like !@#$%. So best apply it to dampened skin.
    - The package states "DAILY" usage but if you are knowledgeable enough, don't fall for it. It's a normal facial exfoliator and it's not gentle enough to be used everyday. Thrice a week maximum is my best bet.
    - If you plan on using it alone to remove your makeup, don't bother. It's not a mere cleanser. It won't get rid of your makeup decently.

Overall, it's a cheap exfoliator that won't make your face appear as if you just had sandpaper facial. Gentle and non drying. However, as with any other precaution, don't overdo it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2011 2:00:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have to say I was really suprised to see the amount of positive reviews given on this product, because personally I had a really bad experience with it. But I guess everybody is different and different skin reacts in different ways. Anyway, I really did not enjoy this product at all. I give it a 2 out of 5 because yes, once I had managed to get the stuff off my face my skin did feel smoother. But when I used the product on my face it felt so rough to my skin and it does not come off easy, I mean even if I used the smallest amount I still found after repeated splashes of water that there were still beads left on my face which was both uncomfortable and annoying. I have never had a problem with scrubs similar to this before but this was just ridiculous! It actually felt I was doing more bad than good for my face because I had to really work at getting the beads off of my face. Also, I wouldn't say the results after were anything spectacular. I mean it claims to 'reveal younger looking, refined skin'. I'm not expecting it to work miracles but all it really did was make my skin feel soft which is what you can expect from any scrub really. Plus this product seemed a little pricey for what you get from it. Definitely wouldn't recommend nor buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2011 5:57:00 PM More reviews by Fuuka1209

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am running out and went to buy more, but cannot find it! Did they discontinue it?!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2011 5:40:00 PM More reviews by peonia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This product is all right, and the price is cheap since it's a drugstore brand. It's gentle enough for everyday use, as specified on the bottle, but that's probably because it doesn't exfoliate all that much either. I'd like it better if the gel had a higher density of exfoliating beads so that I don't feel like I'm just rubbing gel around. I prefer others like Clinique's more.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 11:34:00 PM More reviews by alright2009

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

LOVE IT! Fabulous cleanser for good price and I am nearly 43 and no one knows it! It reveals a fabulous glow and a little goes a long way. I pray they never pull this one off the shelf!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2011 4:15:00 PM More reviews by alborosie

I think this product was what helped with my acne the most. I bought this on the whim, because I was desperate to try something. Now, this product isn't not really targeted for acne prone skin. However, this definitly helped with all those pimples on my forehead. If your skin is not sensitive, you can use this everyday. My face felt so smooth everytime I used this and so clean. The small exfoliants and so fine that they don't aggravate your skin. This product is a MUST!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2011 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Angelwithapintglass

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow. Just wow.

I have super sensitive, dry and flaky skin. Nothing seemed to get rid of the flakes, and I tried a lot of scrubs, masks, serums and moisturizers alongside exfoliators!

This scrub is so gentle, in fact it almost feels like it's too gentle to be doing anything. Don't be fooled though, it is powerful enough to slough off the flakes without irritating!
    I have used it on dry skin which gives a very thorough scrub but have also used it on damp skin with a little water which is more gentle and good for daily use.

After using this scrub, my skin feels smoother, fresher and looks clearer. My moisturizer works so much more effectively and my skins then stays hydrated all day with no flakes and no repeat application of moisturizer needed.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2011 11:37:00 PM More reviews by domlam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using the Apricot Scrub for some years now but wanted to switch to something that is not as rough and decided to give this product a try. The grains are much finer but don't be fooled. They work very well to remove dead skin and the finer texture allows me to use it even on my lips, which is something that I wasn't able to do with the Apricot Scrub because of its roughness. I love how my skin doesn't feel like it's gone through sand paper but still feel fresh and exfoliated. I don't use it daily, at most twice a week and the results are still very good. Hope this one has the longevity of the Apricot Scrub and not be discontinued as I find not as many retailers carry it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 11:26:00 AM More reviews by rsantos2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using St. Ives Blemish & Blackhead Control Scrub for about 2 years now, and never had any complaints. I got less blackheads after I switched over to that from the regular Apricot Scrub. I decided to switch things up, and after reading reviews on the Microdermabrasion Scrub, I went to several stores trying to find it. I went to Ulta, Target, Walmart, and CVS and no one had it! I was afraid it was discontinued, it is? Eventually I got 3 bottles from Amazon for $14. I figured I should stock up if it is discontinued. I've been using this for a week now and my skin has been so smooth! My blackheads have become a little less noticeable, not by much though. I'm not too fond of the smell either, and I can't pinpoint what it smells like. It's not a bad smell, so I can see why some people like it. But I'm not taking a lippie off because I love this scrub too much!