July 23, 2014 | 2017 users online

Foundations - Sally Hansen - Inspired By Carmindy Natural Beauty Your Skin Makeup ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2012 10:04:00 AM More reviews by lalaland

I have porcelain and nude beige (my CVS) only carried like three shades. They both looked very grey in the bottle, which I didn't mind because I did not it to be orangey. When I got home I tried them both on my hand and nude beige turned orange and porcelain was fine in tone but too light. I tried mixing them but it ends up being a little too pink. I can only pull out the porcelain when I set it with a mineral powder that is my actual shade (I use fair olive and goldem medium from Everyday Minerals). Nude beige ends up blending fine but the orange/pink tint is noticeable to me (probably not to others). This ends up changing how certain colors look on me. I have a hard time pulling off colors that I normally wear. The smell is pretty bad. I don't think it is something I can get used to over time, but I just try to breath when I am first applying it. The coverage is pretty good and I am glad I have it but I really hate the shades. I ordered Ecru Beige, so I will see how that works out for my fair yellow skin (I also want to tone down redness in my face). Porcelain is thicker than nude beige which tends to pump out too much.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2011 7:18:00 PM More reviews by Faarahhhhx

I recently purchased this product at CVS on clearance. I wanted to buy it when it was full price but I wasn't sure if it was worth $14.00. This might be one of my favorite drugstore foundations. I have try skin and like a lightly dewy finish. I find it last all day even without a setting powder. It was well worth the clearance, and might even be willing to pay full price in the future.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2011 1:07:00 AM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

**RIGHT NOW ALL SHADES ARE 75% OFF AT CVS=$3.37**
    This is my HG liquid foundation. I stumbled on the rave revs here on MUA over a year ago & was surprised that I had never heard or seen this line in the 3 yrs I worked for CVS. I must have searched 10+ CVS to find only ONE that actually carried this & was disappointed at the limited shades (5 out of 12) that didn't include the famous Ecru Beige. Finally I gave up & ordered EB on drugstore.com. For reference, I'm an NW20, Revlon CS-buff, L'oreal True Match W2, Maybelline SM-Creamy Natural, Maybelline MM-Classic Ivory & Palladio-Laurel Nude. Sadly, the EB was a tad too light for me, giving me a white cast but I couldn't give up my new found love. So I started using this as a concealer under my foundations until I got around to trying the next two shades up: Nude Beige & Creamy Beige. NB is suppose to be lighter than CB. Both have yellow undertones & when I wore each on half of my face & took pics with flash I could not tell a difference! On my hand the NB does look lighter but because this stuff magically sinks in & oxidizes? they both sort of match my skin. Long story short, if your looking for a match & can't find one or the other, don't be disheartened. I did notice the CB has a more thicker texture, Idk if its my bottle but the oil doesn't separate as well. The NB is runnier & a consistent thin texture.So I decided, I will be keeping both & using the NB when my skin clears up more & the CB now as I need more full coverage.

Onto the review of this on a whole, this stuff feels like a thick rich cream. My skin is dry & this could be my moisturizer, it spreads & melts right in. It leaves a dewy semi powder finish, so u could skip highlighter & powder. But be aware it takes a few mins to dry & if u apply mu first then dress, it will transfer & stain ur clothes so powder up or wait! It gives medium to full coverage, but again be careful if u wait to layer for the full coverage it will get cakey. I usually pat extra dots with my fingers where my acne scars are while its wet & use a stippling brush for the rest of my face.I love the pump but hate the tinted glass bottle that makes all the shade look the same. I LOVE the olive leaf, cork oak, papaya & vitamin A it contains & how it truly does feel & look natural. It doesn't budge in 12+ hr shifts & I'm checking throughout the day in a magnifying mirror! So this means, its essential to exfoliate & fully remove this with a mu remover to avoid clogging or breakouts. Also, u must shake the bottle well, Im talking flip it upside down to mix the product to get an even liquid form out otherwise its dry clumpy or oily.

This is the only foundation that gives me extreme full coverage (Im tackling Tazorac purging & post AHA treatment), light natural feel, long lasting & so affordable all together. My skin looks flawless with this stuff, I highly recommend everyone try this if not stock up right now as CVS is having their secret not everywhere labeled sale. All of Carmindy's products from blushes, powders to eyepencils are marked 75% off!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2011 3:09:00 AM More reviews by brenduhhh

Nice hydrating foundation. Can look oily on oily/combination skin, but perfect for dry skin. Gives a nice glow and it's medium to full coverage. It also comes with a pump so its sanitary.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2011 2:10:00 PM More reviews by LaceyH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i was really impressed with all of the awesome reviews this has here on MUA, and had wanted to try it for a LONG time before i found someone who swapped with me for it.

my skin: nc15-ish, with neutral pulling to warm undertones, normal-to-combination, acne-prone, with mild sun damage and mild to moderate acne scarring and pigmentation

my expectations/hopes: a full-coverage foundation that's breathable and doesnt LOOK like foundation

the packaging is ok, a pump bottle, which i'm generally a fan of, it took like a million pumps for the foundation to FINALLY come out though. i was begining to get worried. lol

price-- is decent. i've seen it at walmart, and its nothing ridiculous, around $12 or so, IIRC.

no obvious smell that i recall

color was actually quite nice. i'm generally the palest shade in most foundations, if not lighter, and ithis was good. pulled a little yellow, which s AWESOME, b/c most pale fondations are cool-toned, which i am far from!

sooooo, i was disappointed to see that after all that good stuff.... the coverage stank. when i tried this i had a few active ance spots, and the foundation covered my "regular" skin, freckles and all pretty damn good. but when it came to covering the spots, it did basically nothing at all! like, skipped right over them! and if i had perfect skin, i wouldnt NEED this! seriously, every acne spot was left uncovered, and i felt sooo uncomfortable, like it made them stand out even more since the rest of the skin looked nice and not red at all. :(

so, if you're not acne-prone, you'd probably love this!
    *puts item up for swap* :(

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2011 7:14:00 AM More reviews by RitzyWoman

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased this product in mahogany and the shade is a very nice match. I have combo/oily skin and the makeup wears pretty nicely over skindinavia setting spray or a primer. The coverage is great and it spreads easily throughout application. I generally apply it with a foundation with a foundation brush, I've also stippled and used a sponge. Sometimes I set it with powder and sometimes not, but either way it looks great. It hasn't caused any noticeable breakouts to my acne-prone skin. The packaging is excellent, a glass bottle, pump and cap. I purchased it at CVS when it was on sale for about $7, I believe the regular price is around $14.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2011 12:23:00 AM More reviews by AllauraP02

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am so impressed with this product!I was just browsing through my local dollar store to find a bunch of these products for only $2 (cad),I have also purchased along with this product,the loose powder,matte pressed powder,and some eyeshadow trio.I love every one of these items purchased!I lucked out with the price considering each product was 2 dollars.I love how the only foundation left matches my skin perfectly!The texture is light and not heavy on your face,and finishes matte and seems to stay on all day when combined with the loose powder as well as the matte pressed powder on oily areas.Anyways,if you find these products for a good price..I HIGHLY recommend them.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2011 4:19:00 PM More reviews by teresatrav

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this foundation! I was looking for a new foundation at CVS about a month ago, and I saw this one on clearance for like $3. I thought it would be crap since it was very cheap and there were a lot of them left. But i picked it up anyways because I like Carmindy and $3 really isn't that much. It's really awesome. It evens out my skintone well and it's also pretty matte which is good on my oily shin. I'll definetly buy this again!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2011 7:23:00 PM More reviews by hoverfly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this product based on recommendations from this board. I really want to be able to wear a moisturizer-style foundation, but my skin is looking very old from freckles and age spots--I seem to be exceptionally good at collecting them since having a year-long bought of a severe illness that hampered my body's ability to pull nutrients from food--but am on the mend and seeking treatments for improving my overall health and getting rid of the spots once and for all.

In the meantime, I'm using this as camouflage and it works wonders! It is thick, but once applied, I don't think it looks thick or gooey on my face--pretty smooth in fact. It definitely hides the spots (not completely, but enough that I don't feel like a leopard). The color that I thought would work best wasn't at the store when I made the purchase so I selected one shade darker (I bought it at the beginning of summer so expected a little darkening of my skin since I spend a lot of time outdoors, even with lots of sunscreen.) The shade I'm using is: Creamy Beige.

I do have to use a makeup removing towelette to remove this particular foundation when in the past, I only needed organic baby wash (my previous facial cleanser). Cleaning it from my hands after I apply it, takes extra work too.

It seems to have all-day staying power and I haven't noticed any increase in acne or other skin issues. With excellent coverage and a fantastic price, this one is a keeper until I can get rid of the spots for good--check my future reviews for the products I'm trying out for the age-spot issues.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2011 4:57:00 PM More reviews by yslbaby79

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This makeup is the best drugstore foundation in my opinion. It is extremely creamy and light, it covers my blemishes well, and it lasts long. I wish there were more colors because there is too much of a difference between them. It is either too cool or too warm and it's inefficient to constantly mix foundations. And, it's pricey. One bottle can set you back $13 and I hate waiting for deals to buy more. Still, it is better than the other drugstore alternatives and it's definitely worth a try.