Burt's Bees Chemical-Free Sunscreen SPF 30 Non-Whitening

1.9

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/22/2009 5:05:00 PM

Balled up horribly. Returned after first use.

on 6/30/2009 10:33:00 AM

I couldn't get past the smell of this. It smells like the stuff they use to sanitize toilets; I'm not kidding. I did manage to spread some on my hand/arm and also agree with many of the comments about the greasiness, texture and color. I would not recommend this .

on 6/18/2009 11:02:00 AM

I would buy this again because it is by far and away the best natural sunscreen I have found. That's not to say it's the best sunscreen I have ever found - but you can't compare apples and pears.

The colour is a bit off putting, but I have found that it doesn't leave any colour at all once applied - no white cast, and I haven't noticed any yellow tint either. It isn't that easy to apply, but I think it's because you need to use a lot of it to get SPF30 coverage. If you could spread a pea sized amount over your whole face it wouldn't be doing you much good anyway.

My only real complaint is that it can ball up when it's been sitting on the skin.

I wear this under makeup and it does a fine job. At least it isn't an oily mess like the Badger product! I understand what the previous poster says about it leaving your skin 'grippy'. I can definitely tell that I am wearing something, if you know what I mean. But I think that's how physical sunblock works, and that's the price you've got to pay for doing away with all the chemicals.

Anyway, overall a great natural product, I can see myself being devoted to it for a long time.

Forgot to say that like a few BB products, it does have an off-putting medicinal smell. It fades very quickly though.

on 6/12/2009 7:54:00 AM

I wanted a natural sunscreen and thought I'd give BB's a try, since I like a lot of their products and the fact that they don't throw in the awful chemicals. Bad decision on this one, though. It was so thick and sticky I had to wash it off.

on 5/11/2009 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Update: Downgraded this--I really really don't like this and I think it started to break me out.

on 3/21/2009 7:21:00 PM

OMG! This is THE worst sunscreen I've ever used. I should've known better not to buy the cheap brand like this at first... I thought I would use something more natural, so I bought it.. it turned out to be so sticky, white-looking, hard to put on, can't be obsorbed by skin... anything bad you can think of.. I didn't give up and kept giving it another try in different days, and it just never worked... it's so dry on my face given the fact that my skin type it not dry to start with...

It's just awful... I wanted to return it to Target, unfortunately they didn't accept it since it was used... it's so bad that I can't even use it on my neck...absolutely awful...
They need to STOP producing this product!!

on 9/12/2008 12:51:00 AM

Ugh~ It's orange and not very good at rubbing into skin. it says non whitening, but leaves an orange residue! very dry and smelly...not the most pleasant of smells...its weird.

on 9/3/2008 5:37:00 PM

I am giving this product one "lippie" because they are trying to put out a chemical-free product. Unfortunately, this product fails miserably. Most physical sunscreens to have that white/gray cast because of the zinc and titanium dioxides. This product gives off a strange opaque yellowish-white appearance. Not very attractive. Second, the scent is a bit unpleasant, especially when applying to the face. (It does subside after a little while.) Third, it is very difficult to evenly spread this product. Needless to say, I will not repurchase this product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I'm not surprised that this product received so many bad reviews. It has several drawbacks, but for me the benefits outweigh them. It will leave a slightly white cast, even if you blend it well, and it is hard to blend. I suspect it doesn't have much water in it, which I guess is a good thing.

It also has a distinctive smell, which I can't quite put my finger on. It's pretty tolerable, and it does go away after a while.

I use this every morning because of my obsession with preventing a wrinkly face when I get old. It takes a few minutes to blend it evenly all over my face, but the results are worth it. I think this is actually improving my acne, and the white cast is actually not too unbearable. It seems to cover my slightly red acne and makes it less obvious.

This is pretty expensive for me, but I think I got the bang for my buck. I love that it's 100% natural, and I've always liked Burt's Bees anyhow. I definitely will buy again.

on 7/18/2008 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This completely sucks. It leaves a weird white/beige cast. It's almost impossible to blend. It leaves the skin in a weird sticky state. It smells weird. And worst of all, it rubs right off when there is just a little bit of water around. It was a complete waste of money and makes me want to not like any other Burt's Bees products. Sucks. Sucks. Sucks.

Top Rated Burt's Bees Products