October 20, 2014 | 986 users online

Lip Gloss - Burt's Bees - Super Shiny Natural Lip Gloss in ZESTY RED

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2009 6:17:00 PM More reviews by SharonNeedles

I love the sheer color and the packaging (I hate lip products in pots), but it has absolutely no staying power and for some reason you have to squeeze extra hard to get the stuff out of the tube. I got it as a gift, so I won't be purchasing this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2009 3:50:00 PM More reviews by queenV

I agree w/other reviewers, this lip gloss seemed great, but it gave me chapped lips! I love that it's all natural, and the color looked beautiful on me (a sheer glossy red), but after a week of use, my lips were peeling and cracking. I love Burt's Bees' other lip balms, so was very disappointed.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2009 10:13:00 AM More reviews by prettythings

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The color of this gloss is fantastic. Not at all what I expected as it looks so dark in the tube. It is a very pretty sheer red. Very natural. Great for daytime. It is also not sticky or tacky like some glosses. It has an orange/citrus flavor/scent. However this is not the best gloss I have used. As another reviewer mentioned it has a slightly gritty feel (glitter?). It must be reapplied constantly (no staying power). It is very drying (my lips felt chapped by the end of the day). Also, the consistency is strange - really hard to get out of the tube. So even though the color is great and it is all natural I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2008 6:26:00 PM More reviews by dashing500

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this as a gift, it leaves a very sheer reddish tint to my lips which is nice, but the glitters make the gloss feel gritty even though they are not that noticable. It does wear off quickly (with in a few hours) but it leaves my lips feeling moisterized. I can't really detect a flavor or a scent to these. I will use this lip gloss, but probably will not buy it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2008 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Frenchmix

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This lip gloss smells really good. It's pretty light and thin but feels good on my lips and it is natural which is great! Love natural stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2008 5:45:00 PM More reviews by KVonP

Very nice color & natural shine. My lips are not very pigmented and this lip gloss helps a lot to give them nice definition. This product is more lip balm like than lip gloss ( which I like better) Tastes good too.
Give it a try!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2008 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Rapunzelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was really excited to see this gloss. I love Burt's Bees and I love lip gloss. Unfortunately, this fell short of expectations. I didn't care much for the feel on my lips. It's very slippery but not in a good way. It pretty much feels like vaseline on the lips. It also has a grainy consistency. It's not particularly moisturizing, and it wears off almost immediately. I feel like I need to apply it 5 minutes after I put it on (and that's without talking or eating or anything). The scent is nice, but there's basically no colour. I don't have particularly pigmented lips, but it almost felt like I was just putting on clear lip gloss. I'll probably end up returning it or giving it away and I certainly won't mike the mistake of buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2008 8:25:00 AM More reviews by OmToast

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The gloss has a SUPER orange-y taste/smell, yes, but it does fade pretty quickly. It feels nice and slick, not sticky at all, and moisturizes pretty well. While it does add a nice shine, people will not be blinded by the glare from your lips and frankly I think that's a good thing. The color is extremely sheer (also, in my opinion, a good thing) but noticeably brightens up my lips. On me, the Zesty Red wears as a bright, red-based berry color (med. pigmented lips); definitely MLBB, with a nice, human, sheen. Perfect better-than-balm for a day at the beach (wish it had sunscreen? TO2 is listed in the ingredients, but it's 2nd to last and so I'm uncertain as to the amount -- if any-- protection it's offering . . . ) Would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2008 12:31:00 PM More reviews by pmnixa

I don't find this very moisturizing, and I don't like the strong orangy scent. Also it is very sheer - only shows up as a slight red tint. The red is an orange/red, not a brown/red. Not a winner for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2008 4:39:00 PM More reviews by rubyred719

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Overall performance: Fairly Good.
Moisturizes lips: Yes, very well actually. It leaves you with an icy, tingly feeling on your lips. This doesn't dry out lips after many hours of wearing it, and doesn't leave a white film on lips either.
Super Shiny: No. It adds shine to lips although more like a lip balm than a lip gloss.
Smell: Nice. It smells more like orange than any other tangy fruit. The smell is fairly strong after the initial application although, it fades a little.
Taste: Fruity and waxy.
Price: $6.99 at Walgreens. Pretty pricey but I still had to try.
Container: A simple tube with an angled tip to make application easier. You won't need a mirror to apply.
Contents: Castor seed oil, sunflower seed oil, sweet almond oil, and many more.

So gals, if you want to stick to glosses or balms, this gloss is for you.