October 2, 2014 | 974 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - The Body Shop - Luxury Facial Flannel

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2010 11:22:00 PM More reviews by kizzia52

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well, this is just okay for me. Some days I like it and some days I don't depending on how sensitive my skin is at the time. If my skin is at all dry or a little flakey it's like rubbing sandpaper on my face. But, besides that it does work well for removing makeup and that is the only time I use it.
I won't be buying this again because it's just too irritating for me. Regular old face cloths are much better and I don't have to worry about staining them.
Edit: I have changed my mind about this. I guess my skin has become less sensitive now that winter is over because it seems to be softer. I use it all the time with my oil cleanser and it works great at getting everything off!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2010 10:09:00 AM More reviews by Kath09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Perfect for removing all types of face masks. The trick with removing dried and hard ones it to run the flannel under hot water, squeeze it out and let it sit on your face for 7 seconds - it will soften the mask and slide off when u wipe it away. I tend to need to do this 2-3 times before it slides off easily..it's better than rubbing it aggressively off your face. Love the texture of the flannel but not so fond of how it dries - it literally hardens...and takes a while to soften under water (hot water is faster).

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2009 11:00:00 AM More reviews by sspearls

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Everything that the reviewers before me said are true: this cloth is a little wonder. It's more like a very thin sponge, similar in texture to a high quality make up sponge except thinner and more flexible. When wet it looks like a cloth. It doesn't really lather so it's not really that fantastic for the washing stage, but I love using it to rinse. I took off a lippie because of the texture it's not actually that great for removing exfoliants (I use Lush's Angels on Bare Skin) and it takes some effort to get rid of the scrubby bits. A regular terrycloth washcloth does better. Also this things stains like a mother. I used a mask that has tumeric in it (Brazened Honey by Lush) and it stained it yellow. I removed it but the detergent I used left faint purple stains on it. Oxyclean removed the turmeric but not the Spray n Wash. purple is better than yellow I guess. It does make my face feel fantastic and remove icky flakes and stuff. I would buy again and probably will give them out as Christmas stocking stuffers. They're cheap enough!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2009 11:18:00 AM More reviews by JulesGrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

In the beginning, a year ago, when I got these I truly thought them to be a miracle. They are wonderfully soft on the skin, really grabs dirt and removes it without effort (I highly recommend these to gardeners). The problem is, that as well as they work as wash cloths they do stain quite badly after a while, they are a pain storing (how to you store something that dries into a hard board when hung to dry?) and after a while I just stopped using them because they just started to look worse for wear. I still do use the ones I have to remove facial masks. They are excellent for that, really, truly excellent. Just wet them, pat onto face, repeat until the mask is moist again then wipe the mask away with the cloth and rinse. Saves a lot of mess and time and is much gentler on the skin than scrubbing with your hands. Though, as ordinary wash cloths go, I have found other ones I prefer that can be easily washed, hung to dry and stored. So, a four. If it was not for the staining, drying and storing a five.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2009 4:47:00 PM More reviews by BeautyTakesTheCake

Great facial cloth for removing masks! It's like a spatula for your skin. The texture of the flannel is a bit silicone-y but it does NOT irritate skin at all. It's very easy to wash out by hand if it gets stained (even machine washable). The flannel will harden when it dries - kinda like a sponge, but the second it touches water it goes soft again.

Read more reviews at: www.beautytakesthecake.blogspot.com

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2009 7:17:00 PM More reviews by Technical

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was using the Aveda shammy cloth, which was excellent, however needed to buy a new one and decided to check this out as it's cheaper (a lot cheaper..!) than Aveda.

It's fantastic: softens very quickly with water, feels gentle on the skin, and is very easy to wash out.

Just make sure you store it properly to dry, afterwards - me not doing this with the Aveda shammy led it its demise ;-)

This cloth is especially useful if you use oil for cleansing, and for removing face masks.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2009 8:41:00 PM More reviews by shelovesyou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It really gets makup of, and i feel like it also gently exfoliates. but i have very sensetive thin skin and it is a little harsh for me. i think it would be great for someone with a different skin type. i still use it almost everyday with some cetaphil before i go to bed, but i try not to use it more than once a day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2008 9:39:00 PM More reviews by frootloop75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great product for thoroughly removing makeup. I was shocked to see how much came off with the flannel after I had used my standard and eye make up removers.

I have dry but not overly sensitive skin and feel that this is too harsh for me to use twice a day (when I cleanse). I am trying it alternate days now to see if this is kinder on my face.

Great value purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2008 1:40:00 PM More reviews by radavis77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is wonderful for removing all traces of makeup, while being extremely gentle. I have sensitive skin and avoid harsh scrubbing products - this washcloth is soft and smooth. It even removes flakies when dry skin is present in the winter. Dries quickly which is supposed to decrease bacteria buildup. Before I used this cleansing cloth I would always find residual makeup on my cotton ball when using my toner. Now, the cotton swab is always clean, and it doesn't seem to matter which cleanser I use - the facial flannel makes all the difference.

My mom now uses this also and we both need to purchase another one to have as a backup! Will definitely be repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2008 12:32:00 AM More reviews by jenjenx2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After I scrub some of my facial cleanser on my face, I use this cloth (soaked in water so it is soft) to wash my cleanser off my face.
I also used it to help wash off excess face mask product off my face as well.
A must have - more gentle than rubbing a face cloth on your face!