MAC strobe liquid

3.6

WATER\AQUA\EAU [] CYCLOPENTASILOXANE [] BUTYLENE GLYCOL [] TOCOPHERYL ACETATE [] RETINYL PALMITATE [] PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) KERNEL OIL [] MACADAMIA TERNIFOLIA SEED OIL [] SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL [] PULLULAN [] ALGAE EXTRACT [] POLYSORBATE 20 [] PANTHENOL [] ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN [] CAPRYLYL GLYCOL [] HEXYLENE GLYCOL [] CARBOMER [] SODIUM CARBOMER [] MAGNESIUM ASCORBYL PHOSPHATE [] DISODIUM EDTA [] PHENOXYETHANOL [] [ /- MICA [] TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891) [] IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) [] BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163) [] BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090) [] CARMINE (CI 75470) [] CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN (CI 77289) [] CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS (CI 77288) [] FERRIC FERROCYANIDE (CI 77510) [] MANGANESE VIOLET (CI 77742) [] ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007) [] YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140)]

on 3/15/2012 7:32:00 PM

I finally found my HG skin illuminator! Lol I use it b4 applying foundation n gives me the natural luminous glow I cant wait till the summer to use it on my shoulders :) a lil goes a very long way. Also glad I got this instead of the cream cause this tends to be a lil thinner than the cream which I like since in the summer I do tend to get a lil more oily :/ overall very good product.

on 2/27/2012 2:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Ok so I can see that a lot of people don't like the product which is a shame but I still encourage everyone to try it as I think it's a fabulous product. I got a sample of this when I bought some other MAC products and having used Strobe Cream before I was skeptical at first. I find Strobe Cream really thick and greasy and too shiny. I have dry/sensitive skin.

This version of the Strobe is liquid, light and easy to apply. It glides on rather than having to be rubbed in like the cream.

I usually apply my daily serum, then moisturise and 10 minutes later apply the Strobe Liquid. I immediately follow this by either applying a tinted moisturiser or Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation.

I like the healthy, dewy glow that it gives me without being shimmery and sparkly (my pet hate!).

After applying tm/foundation I sometimes apply a little more to the cheeks, nose and chin and blend it in really well.

I think it would react differently based on which foundation you are using with it. I can imagine that a high coverage foundation might not work very well with this.

I encourage you to get a sample before buying the full size as it is pricey however 1 - 2 pumps is sufficient - a little goes a long way - so it will last for ages.

on 2/1/2012 1:46:00 AM

MUCH prefer the cream! This gives a good effect but the creams just so much easier to mix and apply and it's better for the skin in terms of content and application.

Also, the price, for a lotion it's rather dear, especially if you live in america and can pick up boots no7 high lights luminating lotion! SO LUCKY! get it from target it's a MUCH better alternative.

If you're in the uk like me, ebay is your only source for the no7 high lights lotion which is basically a better version of this for less than half the price! I got mine for 3.99 on ebay :| BARGAIN!

I must also say, i'm a total lover of mac skincare and foundations, i choose mac over every other brand and own a bucket load, i'm a boy too so that says something haha! but this, is one of few products of mac i'm so so about and will use an alternative. save your money and either go for the cream, the lustre drops or if you're intent on a lotion then no7 high lights! cause that gets 5/5 for me where as this gets 3 :(

on 1/11/2012 11:14:00 AM

After watching make up artist lisa eldridge apply this under her guelrain foundation i have started re using it, before i just kept it in my cupboard as i wasn't really impressed with it but now after watching her tip i am using it again as i use guerlain foundation.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I agree, it's so meh!! It doesn't blend well at all, doesn't look natural and I just don't really get it! I was really sold by this product that claimed to 'give a natural glow' and 'leave skin looking healthier and more radiant'. In reality, it just makes you look like a silver disco ball. Sooo expensive aswell, I actually gave it away after it sat in my cupboard for a year. I prefer clarins beauty flash balm under foundation and that isn't even anything to rave about.

on 7/7/2011 8:23:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I originally bought this product as a primer/highlighter to make my skin look a little more alive and glowy - rather than being so matte. The results are great under make up, however on it's own on a "no make up day" it tends to have a pink sheen which doesn't exactly look natural. For this I get better results with Natio's Skin Brightening Balm.
The smell is a little like Play Doh which you get used to after a while, and the packaging is great - very sanitary and easy to get the right amount out.
I've had the same bottle for a year and am only half way through, so once it has run out I'd have to think twice about re-purchasing the product due to the price and not being able to wear it day/night.

on 6/19/2011 1:20:00 AM

For me this was kind of a 'meh' product.
- - -
pros - does create a glowy look under face make up. it is a decent highlighter. the amount of product that you get will last for years. packaging is sanitary.
- - -
cons - the times I've used this it has made my face make up noticeably darker. The consistency is easy enough to spread but it still feels thick on my skin. the price (somewhere around 30.00)
- - -
Overall - I would not buy this product again. I'm sure the bottle I have will last for years but regardless this product is just alright. I don't like the way it feels on my skin or the fact that it makes my face make up darker. Like other reviewers have said it has a silvery / pink cast to it and it might be more wearable if it has goldish undertones instead.

on 6/19/2011 12:17:00 AM

To be honest, If you mix MAC vanilla pigment with some oil free lotion, or even a light layer dry on a brush (i use a kabuki), you get the same result and for less money... I've been doing the vanilla pigment thing as a highlighter for years and it's much more effective than the strobe liquid.

As well, i found it to be chalky on my NC 40 skin. I'm not THAT dark but it was chalky on me... and settled into the lines on my palm and back of hand...

on 6/5/2011 5:06:00 PM

I really can' t figure out the nature and purpose of this product. If it is a highlighter it is not a bad one (it has an nice sheen), but as a moisturiser it is mediocre. It is a bit irritating for my skin and I am almost sure that it makes me break out.

on 5/20/2011 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

i wouldnt repurchase this based on teh fact that the highlight pigments are silver and i have tanned skin (nc40 in the winter and nc44 in summer). i would robably prefer gold pigments...
it kinda makes my face look more white if i mix it in with my foundation (pro longwear or studio sculpt) and if i put it under my foundation it makes me look white again...
i think il try it out next time as a cheek highlighter and not put it all over my face.
it gives me abit of a waxy feeling, ive used mac prep n prime and it doesnt make me feel that way wither...its more waxy and not smooth.
i dont know, i could actually go without it. dont even bother and just use a shimmer blush if you want a highlighter

Top Rated MAC Products