September 17, 2014 | 2031 users online

Lotions/ Creams - L'Occitane - 100% Pure Shea Butter

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2012 9:12:00 PM More reviews by Beeforth

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wonderful stuff for all the dry bits. But so expensive.
They do a tiny tin and a huge tin. Wish they did a middle size tin!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2012 3:51:00 PM More reviews by AudreyNgo

I'm using small size (8ml) to moisture my lip. It is the best lip care. I apply it before go to bed and when I wake up in the morning, all dead skin in my lip peels off. I just gently clean dead skin in my lip with water and have a smooth lip to use lip color. Additionally, I use Pure Shea Butter any time when don't use lip color. Beside that, I use L'Occitane Angelica Exfoliating Gel to scrub lip twice a week to have a natural pink look and full energy for my lip.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by sayakhansa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this stuff is a miracle for a lip balm hater like me. I despise lip balms, yet I have dry chapped lips but I hate the waxy, sticky feeling of lip balms. This is non-sticky, non-scented, not overly glossy and very moisturising. This also has no petroleum, which I'm not too concerned about but it's the icing on the cake. I also use it as an eye balm and occasionally all over my face when I'm having an allergy. I have the large tub and I've had it for nine months. Might repurchase the smaller tin. Lovely product, for sure.

EDIT: I love this thing. It's become somewhat an essential in my daily routine. As a lip treatment, this is the best to put before (and after) lip stain. And, I have combination skin. My skin dries out very easily but is also quite oily, I get flaky skin on my cheeks and I would use it to moisturise those flaky parts. I would safely secure this as my holy grail beauty balm. The fact that it would probably last until I get married 10 years from now is an added bonus :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2012 10:41:00 PM More reviews by shopaholic14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

After reading all these wonderful reviews on MUA, and because I already love the shea butter hand/foot creams, I decided to buy this shea butter. I don't really need to warm it up coz I live in a hot, tropical city. I use it mainly as a lipbalm, foot cream, cuticle cream and most importantly, for my son's atopic dermatitis. It works wonders on those dry, scaly patches, doesn't make them go away totally but really hydrates them for almost the whole day. I bought the small tin to try it out but I think I'll have to buy the big one now. One lippie off for the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2012 10:01:00 AM More reviews by calamansi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to fall in love with this product and use it on my soon-to-be-expanding belly to prepare for the rest of my pregnancy. It has barely any fragrance and once warmed up goes on your skin quite smoothly.

I started using it on my belly twice a day, and by the second day my skin began to itch (something that has never happened with my olive oil). It's almost like the greasy layer sat at the top of the skin and didn't quite penetrate into the skin (if that's possible).

Sadly, I went back to my olive oil (even though it's giving me little bumps) and will continue to look for a better product for my expanding skin.

I now use this at night on my lips and feet. It works very well for that purpose.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2012 10:42:00 AM More reviews by H20girl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Count me in as another fan! Great for chapped lips, cuticles and sore faces. Bought this when traveling (instead of my stand by Weleda Skin Food) when my cheeks were getting raging red and raw from the cold wind and snow and just love it! You do have to warm it up between your hands but once you do just rub gently and your skin feels sooooo much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by yorkiemomma

Wonderful Product! Expensive, but totally worth every penny! You know it's fair trade because they tell you just where it's derived from and it's also organic! This is the hands down best Shea butter you can buy! A cheaper alternative is Now shea butter, that is also fair trade-but sadly, not organic. Two things the tin gets kinda creepy after a while (but I think it's recycled and that's why they use it, and secondly it's so natural that it can get very hard. You do need to warm it in your hands sometimes.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 4:32:00 PM More reviews by sedateme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a must have for anyone struggling with extremely dry lips or any dry areas on your face or body. I repurchased this product so many times because it is so pure and works really well. I also use this to soften my messy eyebrows or dry ends, but there are much more ways how you can use this product. As a former sale assistant at L'Occitane store I can also recommend this product to people with eczema and allergies, of course it won't cure your allergy, but it can help reduce the symptoms.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2012 6:50:00 PM More reviews by razzledooda

Bought this as part of a set years ago and didn't like it because it was so hard and couldn't get enough product on my lips so I gave up on it...So recently I'd been having terribly dry winter lips and Carmex and Vaseline did nothing so I thought I'd give it another go. This time, I warmed the tin by putting it in my pocket or rubbing it in my hands. It was so worth it! My lips feel transformed, no more horrible flakiness. They feel smooth and soft again! I disagree with the other reviews that said this has a short shelf life. I have had mine for years and it is fine. The product really works but if you're in a cold climate you need to warm it up first. A must have winter product! Would buy again if I ever ran out. My HG lipbalm.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by loobs202

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was really disappointed in this. I didn't find it moisturising at all. Will be sticking to vaseline in future.