L'Occitane 100% Pure Shea Butter

3.9

Shea Butter

Very versatile product! I use the travel size mini one and put it on my night stand. I use it as lipbalm, eye cream and cuticle cream before bed. It has zero coloring or fragrance which makes it safe to use around sensitive areas. Does a great job moisturizing and locking in the moisture. The price is definitely a downside. 45$ for the big tin is definitely overpricing shea butter but again, that's quite lots of product that will last for at least a year or two.

One thing i find quite annoying tho is the fact that i live in Montreal, where the winter gets super cold and even heating in the room won't help the product melt easily. But it's fine during warmer months, which is like 4 months max LOL

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I absolutely love this product. I've been using it on my feet at night for years, and it works wonders. It's incredibly easy to warm between fingers and massage into feet and other dry areas of skin. I always rub any remaining product into my cuticles, and also keep a small tin handy for that very purpose. Their foot lotion usually doesn't offer enough relief for my dry feet, but the Shea Butter is very intensive. This is must have for well-hydrated feet.

I have it on the biggest 150ml size. I love it! This is the only product that softens my rough elbows and soles. Can't live without it! The price is a bit steep but a canister lasts me around 6-7 months though.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Some time ago I received a few tins of this product as a gift. I didn't use it as skin care for my face, just my hands, feet, knees, and used one tin just as a lip balm before bed.

It looks a bit like Crisco, white-ish, thick, but melds into the skin well on contact. The scent in my opinion is reminiscent of cake or cake batter, sweet but not cloying.

Nivea lip butter in Vanilla & Macadamia comes close to the scent, texture and appearance of this shea butter, save for it having a sheen, and being soley for lips. I love that product and with each use I'm reminded of this one.

I didn't find it to be a product I had to have, but one that was more of a treat to use. It felt like a little luxury to use on my knees and such before bed. It worked well for me in that capacity and I'd buy if it were not cost prohibitive for me as its a pleasant product to use and multi funtional.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used it as a lip balm. My lips were soft and smooth immediately after applying. However, when it dries, my lips are drier, cracked, hurt and even bleeding. But I didn't throw it because it works well with my elbows.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine

Wonderful stuff for all the dry bits. But so expensive.
They do a tiny tin and a huge tin. Wish they did a middle size tin!

I'm using small size (8ml) to moisture my lip. It is the best lip care. I apply it before go to bed and when I wake up in the morning, all dead skin in my lip peels off. I just gently clean dead skin in my lip with water and have a smooth lip to use lip color. Additionally, I use Pure Shea Butter any time when don't use lip color. Beside that, I use L'Occitane Angelica Exfoliating Gel to scrub lip twice a week to have a natural pink look and full energy for my lip.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

this stuff is a miracle for a lip balm hater like me. I despise lip balms, yet I have dry chapped lips but I hate the waxy, sticky feeling of lip balms. This is non-sticky, non-scented, not overly glossy and very moisturising. This also has no petroleum, which I'm not too concerned about but it's the icing on the cake. I also use it as an eye balm and occasionally all over my face when I'm having an allergy. I have the large tub and I've had it for nine months. Might repurchase the smaller tin. Lovely product, for sure.

EDIT: I love this thing. It's become somewhat an essential in my daily routine. As a lip treatment, this is the best to put before (and after) lip stain. And, I have combination skin. My skin dries out very easily but is also quite oily, I get flaky skin on my cheeks and I would use it to moisturise those flaky parts. I would safely secure this as my holy grail beauty balm. The fact that it would probably last until I get married 10 years from now is an added bonus :)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

After reading all these wonderful reviews on MUA, and because I already love the shea butter hand/foot creams, I decided to buy this shea butter. I don't really need to warm it up coz I live in a hot, tropical city. I use it mainly as a lipbalm, foot cream, cuticle cream and most importantly, for my son's atopic dermatitis. It works wonders on those dry, scaly patches, doesn't make them go away totally but really hydrates them for almost the whole day. I bought the small tin to try it out but I think I'll have to buy the big one now. One lippie off for the price.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I wanted to fall in love with this product and use it on my soon-to-be-expanding belly to prepare for the rest of my pregnancy. It has barely any fragrance and once warmed up goes on your skin quite smoothly.

I started using it on my belly twice a day, and by the second day my skin began to itch (something that has never happened with my olive oil). It's almost like the greasy layer sat at the top of the skin and didn't quite penetrate into the skin (if that's possible).

Sadly, I went back to my olive oil (even though it's giving me little bumps) and will continue to look for a better product for my expanding skin.

I now use this at night on my lips and feet. It works very well for that purpose.