Organix Tea Tree Mint Shampoo

3.0

Di Water (Aqua), Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Glycol Distearate, Dimethicone Copolyol, Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamide DEA, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium 11, DMDM Hydantoin, Silk Amino Complex, Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Australian Tea Tree Oils, Soy Milk Proteins, Peppermint Oil, Shea Butter, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Fragrance

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have used this product (and its matching conditioner) for about half a year. I have tried the other ones as well.

The tea tree mint shampoo for me is best served as a clarifying shampoo. I personally love the scent (reminds me of mint chocolate chip), and am not bothered by it.

Then again, I also love mint chocolate chip ice cream, so that may have something to do with it.

It does leave my hair dry after use, but it also removes build up fairly well. I think there are better shampoos out there (for the same price) with equally pleasant scents that do a better job, but until I find one I will continue to use this one. I use this one once a week as I use a lot of pomades and wax products.

I have short hair, so that may be why this shampoo is tolerable for me. Judging by the other reviews, if you have curly hair or medium to long hair this is likely not the shampoo for you.

3/5 - not amazing, but not bad either.

on 7/1/2014 11:58:00 PM

I purchased this product because I love the smell of mint, but I found this shampoo's scent overwhelmingly heady and sweet. Prior to purchasing this product I had used Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Lavender Mint Shampoo, therefore, I was anticipating a similar cooling, mint-y scent that tingles the scalp. The packaging is bulky which I do not prefer, either, yet was willing to give it a try for the listed ingredients. It is not a bad product as it does its job. My hair is clean and smells acceptable. If you prefer a sweeter smelling shampoo with a subdued mint-y scent, Organix Tea Tree Mint Shampoo is for you.

on 5/19/2014 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This shampoo does a terrific job of cleansing the hair without stripping it. One word of caution is the fragrance. This smells strongly of mint, almost like mint chocolate chip ice cream, and the scent lingers. Although I like the smell, I know tastes can runs differently as far as fragrance goes. So, if you don't like the smell of mint, you won't like this shampoo.

on 1/20/2014 10:08:00 PM

I picked this up at Walmart for about $5 after looking for something with tea tree oil in it for my itchy scalp and dandruff. I can't use head and shoulders because it leaves the crown of my head greasy from product buildup. I love the smell and the tingly feeling it gives me when I use it!! It's perfect to wake up to in the morning when I'm half asleep. It doesn't stop the flaking but I do really enjoy the smell and feeling of this shampoo.

on 1/6/2014 12:08:00 AM

I love Organix products! I alternate between this one and the Repairing Awapuhi Ginger Shampoo & Conditioner. I like both about the same, so it really just depends on which lovely scent I'm in the mood for. My hair is very thick, wavy and slightly coarse and I find that this shampoo cleans it very well without stripping it of its moisture. Out of all the Organix variations I've tried, I find that this one lathers the best, which is a definite plus. My scalp is sensitive and prone to dryness and flaking, and I find that the tea tree and mint are particularly kind and soothing. It smells lovely and rinses out clean. The matching conditioner is great too.

on 1/3/2014 9:35:00 PM

I enjoy the brand, Organix, for the most part. I have super straight hair that's oily, but prone to getting frizzy. It cleaned my hair and smelled AMAZING, but my hair didn't feel super soft or get very shiny.
If you want a clean that doesn't strip, I'd advise it. If you want super soft and shiny hair...not so much.

on 11/14/2013 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this shampoo. I would use it more but, I tone my hair now and I use a color saver shampoo so yah. Other than that, I LOVE it! The packaging, the smell (my fave smell in the world, mint) the color of the shampoo, and the fact that it does what it says and it's organic which is always good!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I've been using this product for about 5-6 months now & I particularly use it for its Tea Tree agents & being Sulfate free. I use another shampoo as well but I workout a lot & use this one to clean my scalp well but not strip my hair dry. The smell is pleasant enough but could be better. A good smelling conditioner afterwards could gets rid of the minty smell although I like it. got it for a little less than $6 at Walmart & plan on keeping this as a part of my regimen.

on 7/8/2013 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I looove this shampoo, it is probably the best product that I've ever used on my curly hair. The shampoo itself is very drying, but has never left my hair in tangles, and when paired with the matching conditioner leaves my hair completely silky and frizz-free. It is a bit pricey for a drugstore shampoo, but definitely worth it for how well it works. My only warning is that all of the organix bottles generally look the same, so you need to be careful that you check the labels for SHAMPOO and CONDITIONER on them. I've made that mistake twice and ended up with several extra conditioner bottles!

on 7/1/2013 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like the Organix line and when I saw this at a pharmacy, the bottle was twice the size of a normal bottle at half the price so I bought both the shampoo and conditioner. This shampoo doesn't leave my hair as silky and manageable as the Organix Shea Butter and Argan Oil (which is my regular). It was still an okay result though. I wouldn't buy it again only because I don't need teatree oil right now (which stimulates growth), I'd rather have my hair restored and protected by the Shea and Argan

Popular Shampoos