September 19, 2014 | 1987 users online

Shampoo - Organix - Tea Tree Mint Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2013 2:16:00 AM More reviews by aqualeks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this shampoo. I would use it more but, I tone my hair now and I use a color saver shampoo so yah. Other than that, I LOVE it! The packaging, the smell (my fave smell in the world, mint) the color of the shampoo, and the fact that it does what it says and it's organic which is always good!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by goldencookies

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for about 5-6 months now & I particularly use it for its Tea Tree agents & being Sulfate free. I use another shampoo as well but I workout a lot & use this one to clean my scalp well but not strip my hair dry. The smell is pleasant enough but could be better. A good smelling conditioner afterwards could gets rid of the minty smell although I like it. got it for a little less than $6 at Walmart & plan on keeping this as a part of my regimen.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2013 2:17:00 AM More reviews by Sellee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I looove this shampoo, it is probably the best product that I've ever used on my curly hair. The shampoo itself is very drying, but has never left my hair in tangles, and when paired with the matching conditioner leaves my hair completely silky and frizz-free. It is a bit pricey for a drugstore shampoo, but definitely worth it for how well it works. My only warning is that all of the organix bottles generally look the same, so you need to be careful that you check the labels for SHAMPOO and CONDITIONER on them. I've made that mistake twice and ended up with several extra conditioner bottles!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by bukolalala

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like the Organix line and when I saw this at a pharmacy, the bottle was twice the size of a normal bottle at half the price so I bought both the shampoo and conditioner. This shampoo doesn't leave my hair as silky and manageable as the Organix Shea Butter and Argan Oil (which is my regular). It was still an okay result though. I wouldn't buy it again only because I don't need teatree oil right now (which stimulates growth), I'd rather have my hair restored and protected by the Shea and Argan

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Kabaz417

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

When I read all the bad reviews, I decided I wasn't going to buy this shampoo. However, my Nana once had the Moroccan Argan one and it was good, so when she bought the Tea Tree Mint Shampoo & Conditioner, I decided to try it.

Without the conditioner, it might dry your hair out. When I followed up with the conditioner, I used it on the bottom half and waited 5 minutes before washing it out, but when I felt my hair, the top was a little dry compared to the rest, so I put a little on the top and waited about 10-15 seconds before washing it out and it felt the same.

I do have color treated hair but I had no problems with it affecting my bleach blonde. In fact, my hair feels soft, looks beautiful, and smells great! Let me tell you, when lathering (and it does lather well) the smell is very strong, but after washing it out it's noticeable but much more subtle.

I'm not sure if I'll purchase this particular one, as the peppermint-y smell, while good, isn't my favorite, Next time I'm at the store, I smell test to see if others are better. Either way, I definitely will be keep checking out Organix products!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by bcm321

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have naturally curly hair and dealing with dry scalp. I mean this product is alright, it does not remove build up on your scalp thats for sure but it was good while it lasted. I tried to hurry up and get rid of it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by applecour

I have medium density hair that's only color treated on the bottom 3-4 inches. It's super healthy accept for the ends. The ends get quite frizzy when it's left to air dry - which I do frequently being the mother of an infant. I also have a pretty flaky scalp. I've never had that much of a problem with it until I delivered my daughter. I suppose the hormone drop really changed things. Anyway, I purchased this product because my husband who always has dandruff said his hair stylist used a tea tree shampoo on him and it instantly cleared his flakes. This is not the case for me. It seems that it does help with them maybe a tad bit, but not enough that I would repurchase it. It smells pretty good, but the smell doesn't last when your hair dries. I do find this shampoo is pretty moisturizing. Upon first use, it seemed like it really dried my hair, but I honestly think it was trying to balance the PH in my hair. Since then, I've used it with every shampoo and have noticed that once it's rinsed out, my hair feels soft when wet, almost like I wouldn't need to use a conditioner. Overall, I wouldn't repurchase this just because it didn't help with my flakies. Other than that, I have no complaints. It never claims to rid you of flakes, just to add some moisture which I believe it does.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by dakotalovexx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I saw good reviews on other sites which is why I bought this product... I'm surprised so many people on this site don't like it.

I have oily hair, I wash it every other day but by day 2 it's pretty oily at the roots so I wear it up. I just purchased this earlier this week and I like it already. It's not like other shampoos out on the market and if you go into it knowing that, then you won't hate it. It's sulfate-free so it doesn't "soap up" when you wash but this is better for your hair anyway. It seems to take all the oil out of my hair but doesn't strip it. The conditioners seems really moisturizing but I'm not sure that it is, I've had better and I also use leave-in conditioner. They have a lot of different types of shampoo, maybe I'll try a different one next time around.

I notice my hair is a bit bouncier and softer and it smells nice. It's not oil free all of sudden but it seems to be slightly less oily. It's only been a few days so it's not screaming "best shampoo ever!" at me but I've definitely used worse. Time will tell.

I do recommend it for oil-prone hair types... give it a shot.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2013 10:14:00 AM More reviews by LipSlickPrincess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I tried this shampoo a couple of months ago because I heard that tea tree oil and peppermint oil helps if you have oily hair/scalp. When I tried it though, I was very disappointed. It didn't decrease the oil in my hair and even worst, it didn't clean well at all. After air drying I could see what appeared to be white dust in my hair. If you're looking for something in the Organix line, I would recommend the Acai berry Avocado shampoo. It's great!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by jumbojuice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Huh.
I use an assortment of shampoos and conditioners and my hair is usually shiny but I noticed that my scalp (which is oily and greasy) was/is getting really really dry. After reading the reviews here my guess that is it probably from this shampoo. That's really too bad because I love the smell and I now have a huge bottle of it.