January 30, 2015 | 1408 users online

Shampoo - Organix - Tea Tree Mint Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2014 10:13:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This shampoo does a terrific job of cleansing the hair without stripping it. One word of caution is the fragrance. This smells strongly of mint, almost like mint chocolate chip ice cream, and the scent lingers. Although I like the smell, I know tastes can runs differently as far as fragrance goes. So, if you don't like the smell of mint, you won't like this shampoo.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2014 10:08:00 PM More reviews by cblazer973

I picked this up at Walmart for about $5 after looking for something with tea tree oil in it for my itchy scalp and dandruff. I can't use head and shoulders because it leaves the crown of my head greasy from product buildup. I love the smell and the tingly feeling it gives me when I use it!! It's perfect to wake up to in the morning when I'm half asleep. It doesn't stop the flaking but I do really enjoy the smell and feeling of this shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 12:08:00 AM More reviews by lalalalila

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I love Organix products! I alternate between this one and the Repairing Awapuhi Ginger Shampoo & Conditioner. I like both about the same, so it really just depends on which lovely scent I'm in the mood for. My hair is very thick, wavy and slightly coarse and I find that this shampoo cleans it very well without stripping it of its moisture. Out of all the Organix variations I've tried, I find that this one lathers the best, which is a definite plus. My scalp is sensitive and prone to dryness and flaking, and I find that the tea tree and mint are particularly kind and soothing. It smells lovely and rinses out clean. The matching conditioner is great too.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2014 9:35:00 PM More reviews by TrueCOWgirl

I enjoy the brand, Organix, for the most part. I have super straight hair that's oily, but prone to getting frizzy. It cleaned my hair and smelled AMAZING, but my hair didn't feel super soft or get very shiny.
If you want a clean that doesn't strip, I'd advise it. If you want super soft and shiny hair...not so much.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2013 2:16:00 AM More reviews by aqualeks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this shampoo. I would use it more but, I tone my hair now and I use a color saver shampoo so yah. Other than that, I LOVE it! The packaging, the smell (my fave smell in the world, mint) the color of the shampoo, and the fact that it does what it says and it's organic which is always good!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by goldencookies

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for about 5-6 months now & I particularly use it for its Tea Tree agents & being Sulfate free. I use another shampoo as well but I workout a lot & use this one to clean my scalp well but not strip my hair dry. The smell is pleasant enough but could be better. A good smelling conditioner afterwards could gets rid of the minty smell although I like it. got it for a little less than $6 at Walmart & plan on keeping this as a part of my regimen.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2013 2:17:00 AM More reviews by Sellee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I looove this shampoo, it is probably the best product that I've ever used on my curly hair. The shampoo itself is very drying, but has never left my hair in tangles, and when paired with the matching conditioner leaves my hair completely silky and frizz-free. It is a bit pricey for a drugstore shampoo, but definitely worth it for how well it works. My only warning is that all of the organix bottles generally look the same, so you need to be careful that you check the labels for SHAMPOO and CONDITIONER on them. I've made that mistake twice and ended up with several extra conditioner bottles!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by bukolalala

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like the Organix line and when I saw this at a pharmacy, the bottle was twice the size of a normal bottle at half the price so I bought both the shampoo and conditioner. This shampoo doesn't leave my hair as silky and manageable as the Organix Shea Butter and Argan Oil (which is my regular). It was still an okay result though. I wouldn't buy it again only because I don't need teatree oil right now (which stimulates growth), I'd rather have my hair restored and protected by the Shea and Argan

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Kabaz417

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

When I read all the bad reviews, I decided I wasn't going to buy this shampoo. However, my Nana once had the Moroccan Argan one and it was good, so when she bought the Tea Tree Mint Shampoo & Conditioner, I decided to try it.

Without the conditioner, it might dry your hair out. When I followed up with the conditioner, I used it on the bottom half and waited 5 minutes before washing it out, but when I felt my hair, the top was a little dry compared to the rest, so I put a little on the top and waited about 10-15 seconds before washing it out and it felt the same.

I do have color treated hair but I had no problems with it affecting my bleach blonde. In fact, my hair feels soft, looks beautiful, and smells great! Let me tell you, when lathering (and it does lather well) the smell is very strong, but after washing it out it's noticeable but much more subtle.

I'm not sure if I'll purchase this particular one, as the peppermint-y smell, while good, isn't my favorite, Next time I'm at the store, I smell test to see if others are better. Either way, I definitely will be keep checking out Organix products!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by bcm321

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have naturally curly hair and dealing with dry scalp. I mean this product is alright, it does not remove build up on your scalp thats for sure but it was good while it lasted. I tried to hurry up and get rid of it.