April 19, 2014 | 1795 users online

Gels/Soaps - L'Occitane - 20% Shea Butter Soap

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2009 4:35:00 AM More reviews by Aviolet

For years, I used Shea soaps before switching to Philosophy. Recently, I opened a Cinnamon Orange Shea Soap that I had saved. It smells wonderfully and is very soft and gentle on my skin! It's appealing because it doesn't contain numerous mystery chemicals that nobody knows the origins of. Most other body washes need a pronounciation guide to assist decoding the ingredients list.

Even though I like and have enjoyed the many shea soaps I've tried, I won't purchase another because the $7 price tag for the small size bar is ridiculous! Also, unlike the 3-in-1s I use, the shea soap makes my tub slippery, making me paranoid I'm going to slip and bonk my head!
L'occitane has many great products, I love. Others are worth the price.

continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2009 10:05:00 PM More reviews by hadeutsch

It's so so. I don't thik it so good but it smells ok. With this smell, it waste of money

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2009 8:40:00 PM More reviews by RachaelNW

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is easily one of the best products I have ever used. It makes a wonderful lather for shaving my legs, and my skin has been softer and more moisturised since I started using it.

The best thing, though, is when I started using it to clean my face (morning and night) when I forgot my cleanser away on holiday. I now have clear skin! Like, completely clear! I am in awe...

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2008 7:56:00 AM More reviews by Sheep73

There's no getting away from it, this soap is expensive. Very much so. But they are so hard milled that they last ages, many times longer than cheaper soaps, so that softens the blow of the expense a bit!

I have these in Milk, Verbena, Lavender and Cinnamon Orange and adore them all. I've never been one for using soap in the bath or shower, but I use these because they don't dry my skin. I even use it on my face occasionally.

I like the way the soap stays hard and clean to the last little sliver and doesn't make a horrible slimy mess on the sink like cheaper soaps.

Despite the high price, these soaps clean well, smell good and last a very very long time. To me - they're worth the cost.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2008 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Glitzee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a small bar of the Milk variety when I was staying at a lodge a few months back, and I just got around to trying it. I'm now wishing I had unwrapped it earlier-- the soap is that good! It leaves my sensitive/dry skin feeling clean but not parched. The "feel" of the soap is very nice, and the scent is mild. I like the lather too. Would definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2008 10:16:00 AM More reviews by Vegalyn

This is a great natural product. Classic, non-drying, great smell and economical. I love the fact that this soap doesn't leave a layer on your skin after rince with water, and yet it's not drying on the skin after you shower or bath. The Milk bar is my favourite in all l'Occitane soaps. This soap also lasts for ages, very economical every day product to keep in the bathroom. Will definitely stay loyal to it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2008 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Wonder78

I got a small 20% shea butter soap extra gentle milk soap from L'occitane's shea butter kit. It lasted a long time, which is great considering the price. I don't have special feeling for this soap. But it is definetly better than drug store's. Drug store brand are wither too drying or too moisurizing( feel unclean like Dove's). This one is just in between. I guess I cannot ask bar soap to performe a miracle, and I don't like the unclean feel from most shower cream. Overall,I like it. I don't know if I will buy one again soon. I might get it in different scent or explore the area of shower gel and cream. The milk one I got have little to none scent.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2008 6:58:00 PM More reviews by ahhiitsalex

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Felt moisturized, but didn't feel clean. Which kind of defeats the purpose of soap...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2007 1:27:00 AM More reviews by boogiedisease

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been a faithful Dove user for years, as it doesn't dry out my skin, nor leave nasty soap scum about the tub, sink, on my nails... don't you hate that?
I actually first tried this when I stayed at a posh hotel where they stocked this in the rooms. On purpose, I called the front desk for additional bars of soap as I was all, "Ooooh! L'Occitane!" (love all the products from them I tried). I planned on hoarding them. They were very generous with what they gave me, and lucky for me, I really liked the stuff!
I've tried a lot of these high-end soaps only to find them to be quite drying. Not to mention, most soap seems to leave this annoying white scum on my red fingernails upon exiting the shower.
The smell is mild; it reminds me of SOMETHING (maybe their shea hand cream?) but I like it.
Best part? It moisturises my skin BETTER than Dove and I don't have a tight, parched feeling before applying moisturiser (which I do sometimes get with Dove). I have hard water where I live (with a ton of chlorine in it to boot), so this stuff is a godsend! I'll gladly pay the cost for this!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2007 4:22:00 AM More reviews by kahaluumauka4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this large economy size bath bar shea milk soap, it lathers well, cleans gently doesnt dry my skin, left me feeling clean, soft, and smelling like shea butter bath soap, I highly recommend this bath soap for family useages. Plus I have sensitive skin, and this didnt irritate my body, EXCELLENT PRODUCT for the price!! I definitley will repurchase!!